Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

Tami, I have to agree with the others. It sounds like you know it's too tight. I understand the other concerns you expressed, but please get an unfill. Tell your Dr. or the fluoroscopy tech of your concerns and that you want a slight amount removed. They may have a different idea, but do tell them what you are thinking. The 16th is too long to wait. Call them today.

I happy to report that I am down another pound!! 208!!! Cant wait to get to ONEDERLAND!!! I am a little freaked out!! My best friend is getting married in December and I had to order my dress back in May a week before my banding!!! I tried on the size 22 and it was a little big....so I discussed it with the consultant there about my surgery and she said to order a 16. Well I had to order it because the style was going to be discontinued. I had to go pick up the dress and the dress is too small.......its the kind that zip on the side.....and I have this gapping hole about 8 inches before I can zip the dress. I am sooooo freaked out that I wont fit the dress by December.....or it will be so tight and look awfull!!!!! Thats all I can think about now!!!!

Sandra

255s/242s/208c/165g

tam, i dunno. I really struggle with restriction. When i first had this last fill about three weeks ago, i was PERFECTLY restricted up until about a week ago...and something just happened where i could feel it relax. i still have some restriction. i just wonder if i can get back up there to where i was really restricted. I loved it. i ate a half a palm of protien each meal and was full. Now...not so much. i eat a palm and a half full and im "eh, stop now" and find myself looking for inbetween meal Snacks.

I would just talk to your dr about it, and see if you can get a flourascope (it will show if youre too tight) and just go with what your dr says. if it were me, to be very honest...id enjoy the restriction. But im one of those who will lose ten lbs the first two weeks after banding, then start to bounce back up EACH MONTH. this is the first ten lbs ive lost since being rebanded in MAY. TEN LBS. i recently increased my daily workout significantly ..(from 2 miles a day to four miles a day plus fitness center and pool. I found an executive hotel that has an awesome fitness center and they do monthly memberships. our town gym closed down a few months ago) Today was my first day on the different routine. holy cow. Good Luck!

I got the call today from the bank I interviewed for and.. apparently they feel that 4+ years of fraud experience isnt enough to work in their fraud department.. I dont get it. I'm so upset.

Sandra: Maybe you should find out now exactly how much the dress can be let out/sized up. That might give you a little peace of mind. I'm thinking it should be possible to size it up to an 18, but I'm no seamstress and just purely guessing. Maybe someone else here would know?

Melissa: You didn't get the job because it wasn't the right job. I know you wanted it, but I'm firm believer that everything happens for a reason. Keep looking and the right job will come along, I promise. :-)

Good idea Legster, but I have looked at that dress 100 times and its not the type of dress or fabric you can let out. Thats why I am stessing!!! Maybe this will put my butt in gear!!!

Melissa,

Dont be sad......I know there is something better waiting for you!!! Everything happens for a reason!!!

Sandra

255h/242s/208c/165g

Thank you for the support and kind words... I'm still trying to convince myself of the same thing.. everything happens for a reason.. but I'm still very upset about it.

Jsrico-- I remember you and I are in the same situation with fitting into our gowns.. I'm not sure about how much a dress can be "let out" ... but the seamstress at David's Bridal told me that the rule of thumb is that they can "take in" a dress 2 sizes. Try going back to the store you bought the gown from and talk to their seamstress to see how much she can let it out if needed.... but hopefully it wont come to that!! You still have a few months to get into the 16!!

Sandra......think positive, I am sure it will fit!!! Just picture yourself in it!!!

Mellisa.....their loss, you will find something better!

Remember we are all a-may-zing!

Jrsico......think positive, I am sure it will fit!!! Just picture yourself in it!!!

Mellisa.....their loss, you will find something better!

Remember we are all a-may-zing!

Wow...bad spelling, wrong names and a double post, I am not having a good day but my heart is in the right place!!!!

Hey guys- I need a little bit of sense talked into me. I am pretty sure that I need to have a slight unfil, but my vanity is getting in the way of my senses.
Tamjpjb...

Another thing to consider is that you don't want to throw your body into starvation mode. I did that after my surgery, I ate so little that after about a month my body started to compensate. I was eating about 500 claories a day and NOT loosing. It took me a couple of weeks of eating MORE before I started loosing again. The human body is amazing, and if it thinks it is starving your metabolism will change. Eating nearly nothing will work for a while, but it will screw up your metabolism, make sure you body can get what it needs. :) Talk to your Doc, sounds like you could use a slight unfill.

Thank you all for your kind words. I really appreciate it.

Hey everyone, looks like all are doing well. After my second fill it has been great. I think I am at that sweet spot. The other day I was working on a project and got real involved and the day went by. I later realize I forgot to eat. We are talking about "ME", I might forget to breath.... but never, ever forget to EAT. So this is how skinny people feel.

Mellisa - So sorry about the job, I know it can be hard. Been there done that. Chin up, there is something out there that is just for you.

I cant believe it I have been banded for 3 months now. This has been a great journey so far.

Take care everyone,

Laura