Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Would wild sex...or rough sex cause the staples to pop? Would pregnancy cause the stomach to stretch which will cause the staples to pop? Dumb questions, but I am curious about this. Sorry. Don't judge me, just educate me. I did research, but of course I need a person who actually had the surgery done to tell me, not the scientific method on how it works once sleeved. Bored and curious at the same time. :)

Wild or rough sex won't cause your staples to pop. If it is immediately after surgery it might cause pain or stress at your incision sites, but it isn't going to harm your stomach. I don't think pregnancy could stretch your stomach - after all, that's not where the fetus is. If anything I would imagine that the space the fetus takes up would cause your digestive organs to be a bit compressed for a while!

Many, many women have happy healthy pregnancies after being sleeved and popping staples is not an issue that I have ever heard of.

Nope, but be gentile for the first month... while you heal...

Pregnancy has no sleeve impact BUT need to delay a while while you are actively losing weight.

Please talk to your MDs!

Our practice recommends waiting at least a year post-procedure to get pregnant. However they mention in the literature that unplanned pregnancies are very common, particularly among women who were having trouble conceiving.

That ship has sailed for me, so this is only anecdotal. :-)

Rough wild crazy inhibition free sex is all fine, dandy, and really fun after surgery lol Getting pregnant...well that can certainly be a result of the above said activities lol My center recommends 2 years before getting pregnant. My surgeon and I talked about that and he really doesn't want to see me ever get pregnant due to the amount of abdominal surgeries I've had (the likelihood of me having to have a c-section is high). Oh well, hubs is totally against another kid anyway, so if I feel the need for cuteness maybe I start babysitting on the side lol

FYI I had sex about 2 weeks post op, and my incision sites were a little tender after, but nothing that I was even remotely alarmed about.

Wild or rough sex won't cause your staples to pop. If it is immediately after surgery it might cause pain or stress at your incision sites, but it isn't going to harm your stomach. I don't think pregnancy could stretch your stomach - after all, that's not where the fetus is. If anything I would imagine that the space the fetus takes up would cause your digestive organs to be a bit compressed for a while!

Many, many women have happy healthy pregnancies after being sleeved and popping staples is not an issue that I have ever heard of.

Thank you so much for the info. Silly questions, but had to ask. Thanks again. :)

Nope, but be gentile for the first month... while you heal...

Pregnancy has no sleeve impact BUT need to delay a while while you are actively losing weight.

Please talk to your MDs!

Ok....thanks

Our practice recommends waiting at least a year post-procedure to get pregnant. However they mention in the literature that unplanned pregnancies are very common, particularly among women who were having trouble conceiving.

That ship has sailed for me, so this is only anecdotal. :-)

Thanks

I think a big issue with pregnancy is getting enough nutrition for you and the baby in the first year. We're very nutrient deficient due to the low intake.

Rough wild crazy inhibition free sex is all fine, dandy, and really fun after surgery lol Getting pregnant...well that can certainly be a result of the above said activities lol My center recommends 2 years before getting pregnant. My surgeon and I talked about that and he really doesn't want to see me ever get pregnant due to the amount of abdominal surgeries I've had (the likelihood of me having to have a c-section is high). Oh well, hubs is totally against another kid anyway, so if I feel the need for cuteness maybe I start babysitting on the side lol

FYI I had sex about 2 weeks post op, and my incision sites were a little tender after, but nothing that I was even remotely alarmed about.

Lol...yes, I can agree on that. I was planning on kids three yrs later anyway. After surgery I planned on having excess skin removed about a yr or so in. After that, kids are being planning....:)

I think a big issue with pregnancy is getting enough nutrition for you and the baby in the first year. We're very nutrient deficient due to the low intake.

Thanks, the nutrition part I totally would understand. Thanks again

I'm so scared of getting pregnant right now!

Me too. I'm waiting for st least 18 months before I do.

I'm so scared of getting pregnant right now!

Paula, just plan on appropriate contraception and focus on YOU. A year will pass in a SNAP and you can plan for pregnancy then! Don't you dare worry!

Lol...yes, I can agree on that. I was planning on kids three yrs later anyway. After surgery I planned on having excess skin removed about a yr or so in. After that, kids are being planning....:)

Just curious. .. why not wait till after kids to have skin removed? Often times pregnancy can cause excess skin.