Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anticipating A Denial

Oh I gotcha. Congrats on the approval (I skipped the posts in the middle)!

Now we have to wait for Dixie to get approved ;) I would love to hear when my surgery date is, I would love for it to be in May and not June. I'd like to get to swim on 4th of July lol.

Wow!!! Congrats to all of you that got approved! So happy for you :). I wasn't able to call or check on anything today cuz I was babysitting my 16 mo. Old granddaughter but in the morning that's a different story. Hopefully I will get some good news like the rest of you did.i am just so happy for y'all. God answers prayers :)

Well I assume this might be possibly good news so heres hoping: I called my insurance just a minute ago and found out they received my request and its pending. From what the rep told me, they have 5 days to make a decision and she sounded some what positive so if the good Lord be willing I will get the approval notice soon. I know theres still a chance I could get denied but I am remaining positive and thinking positive that I will get an approval. Ya'll keep your fingers crossed for me and say a prayer. Oh and the rep did say that on the request the surgery date was for June 11, 2012. Don't know if thats just a date the doc had to put for the request but wont be the actual surgery date, or if thats the intended date but either way I am stoked now :D Stay tuned........ more to follow lol

Dixie, hoping and praying for you, sweetie. Keep positive---and keep us posted!

Dixie-Yay! Isn't it amazing when you actually hear a date associated with your surgery. Makes it so real. Kinda like when you are pregnant and you do the math or the doc tells you and you find out when you are due. Well, they are both the start to a new life.

That's do cool Dixie. They do have to list a tentative date so hopefully that one is accurate. So exciting :) you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Dixie, hurray!!! I'm sure if you followed everything your doctor said to do to this point, it will be approved.

Ty everyone I am trying to control my emotions just in case it doesn't go the way I hope for but oh my gosh it's not so easy lol. For some odd reason I keep hearing and getting the thought that I will hear something on May 8. I don't claim to be psychic( that's a scary thought) but every so often I have "moments" of knowing or feeling about something and it proves to be true. My daughter can vouch for me on that cuz during her teen years she swore I was psychic on the things she was doing wrong lol. That was part of that and mothers intuition. So with all that said I sure do hope this time it proves to be right again and I get that call May 8.

Good Luck Dixie. I actually had a huge post I was going to post here and realized, this is the anticipation of denial section and I didn't want to keep hijacking it with what is happening, so I just tried to figure out the blog thing and posted there about my first meeting today and what happened. It was quite a long day. I had a meeting after receiving all my injections I receive in my head for Migraines. I get botox in my scalp and in my neck for headaches, I received over 31 shots today and I forgot about this appointment when they scheduled the pre-op appointments.

Dixie, all mom's are psychic in some ways, my son says there you go being psycho again...every time I am right. Yeah, he calls my psycho instead of psychic.

I hope you hear soon, please keep us posted.

Mina my heart goes out to you with having to deal with Migraines. My father had those as long as I can remember until about 5 years ago. He found a doctor that put him on blood pressure meds even though he didn't have it, and that seriously stopped his migraines. He has one every so often,maybe 1 every 3 months if that much. My sister has them also and I hate it for her. I pray some how you don't have those any more.

I don't tolerate most medications, and nothing seemed to work, even cervical and occipital nerve blocks. I have a small brain tumor located on my trigeminal root and I couldn't tolerate the medication they gave me for that, so I just deal with the facial pain. I started Botox injections last June, every 90 days. The shots are not comfortable, and I hurt the next day even more and it takes about a week and 1/2 until everything starts to paralyze the muscles in my head and neck. Life since getting Botox for Migraines made the bariatric possible. When I was getting daily migraines that would last for months, I couldn't do much of anything. I'm grateful I have a good team of doctors now.

May 24th!! Whoot Whoot. Doing the happy dance!!

Way to go, that sounds wonderful. I will know next Thursday when they are scheduling surgery. I'm still hoping for May and hoping that Dixie hears by May 8th!

Ok someone tell me I am not dreaming :) I got a letter today stating that the service is eligible for coverage so does that mean I am approved? Oh please tell me its the real thing lol I am so excited Im about to piss my pants hahahaha