Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can anyone feel there port, or see it sticking out?

I was a patient who had a lower BMI, and got a Tummy Tuck before my lapband surgery. ( because I had not heard of the lapband before) Well now that Im almost at my goal weight, my port sticks out and I can feel the lump on my belly. It really bothers me, even more so when your partner who doesn't know you had the surgery is starting to ask questions. Yes, I do not tell everybody about my surgery, I told him I had my gallbladder taken out. :rolleyes

I can feel my port, and so can my friend. We have both only lost less than 1/2 our weight so I think it may stick out when all is said and done. Did your Dr say this was normal? I hate it when I bump it on the counter sometimes or something -- it hurts!

I can totally feel my port and it does stick out a little bit. My take on it, though, is that it will be easier for the doctor find it when I get my fills. He had no problem locating it the first time.

I can totally feel my port and it does stick out a little bit. My take on it, though, is that it will be easier for the doctor find it when I get my fills. He had no problem locating it the first time.

Thanks Bensmum, I could probably give my own fills it's so easy to find. j/k:p

I can feel my port, and so can my friend. We have both only lost less than 1/2 our weight so I think it may stick out when all is said and done. Did your Dr say this was normal? I hate it when I bump it on the counter sometimes or something -- it hurts!

I have not asked cuz he's in Mexico and a little hard to get a hold of. I guess I could ask my doctor who does my fills, here in Chicago Il. Thanks for the reply.

I can feel mine, I was BMI 35 at surgery. I can very very slightly see it as well, when I look down (well if I fling my boobs over my shoulders I can). I'm pretty sure it will stick out afterwards. I"m not too worried, but will ask about it if it becomes really obvious.

I can feel it, and when more of the fat is gone, I imagine it will stick out a little...I'm not planning on baring my midriff, so it shouldn't be much of a problem.

My niece's port really does stick out, noticeably. She younger, and might wear a two piece swimsuit, so it bothers her. I'll see her tonight and tell her about the port revision option.

Cindy

I can feel my port and as I loose more and more weight I can feel it more. When I lay down I can see it. I figure it is an even trade for lossing weight. I would rather be 145 pounds with a port sticking out of my than 300 pounds and no port :>

PS my port is directly below my sternum. Where is everybody elses located at? I pretty much figure it is a surgeons preferance where they place it.

YES!! mine is really becoming apparent...and mine is already the mini/low profile port! looks like a little walnut under my shirt....

I have contacted my doc about moving it--right now its right in the middle of my stomache--about 2 inches above my belly button. looks a little like a 3rd, albeit underdeveloped, breast:) Apparently the doc says he can do it under local in his office--though that doesn't sound fun. the good thing about it being where it is--NO problems locating it for fills:)

will post if i have it moved!

jessica

181-120-115