Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Lap Band Buddy / Mentor 2010 Goal Challenge: Let's do this!!

Not sure if many of you have been following any of my numerous posts, but some of you may know I’ve been struggling a lot since about 6 months post op. I was banded on February 11th 2008.

I have had many reasons on why I've struggled but I think the main factor has been my almost inability to find the “sweet spot” so many people have been fortunate with. Some found it before even needing a fill! How fair is that? LOL Anyway, that has been so very frustrating for and began to make me feel like I were some kind of miserable Lap-Band® failure.

Well, I’d gotten it in my head since then that I’m just going to have to do this mostly on my own. Just to take the cards I’ve been dealt and use a band that is only half what I was promised it would be and deal with the rest. Stop brooding and just do it already.

Here’s the fantastic part. With all my many fills/unfills it was just recently that I HAVE FINALLY FOUND MY SWEET SPOT!!!! What a wonderful feeling it is! I’m hardly ever hungry, I get full fast (not pain full just “full”) and I’m starting to get to where I don’t even notice I have a band anymore. I do, but I don’t. Does that make sense? Life is truly good!!

So that makes me even more ready to get the ball on the ground rolling! I have my goal picked out. I have my date picked out. I have all my WL artillery ready to go. It’s time for War now. War against F>A>T!!

I was thinking of starting a blog or whatever, but heck… LBT has been there for me since day 1! It has been so helpful, so resourceful and so supportive… how could I ever think of taking the rest of my journey elsewhere??

I’m posting it in this area because I wouldn’t mind any interaction from those of you who are also promising themselves goal sometime this year. It doesn’t matter if you are getting banded this year, just newly banded or if you have been banded since the beginning of time. Chime in, weigh in or just follow along. I’m good with all of that.

One thing I have NEVER doubted was whether or not I could get it done. It was always just WHEN. Well, that time is now. Who’s with me?

I won’t begin my regimen until after the Holidays. I absolutely won’t damage my go getter attitude with another failure attempt. I already know this time of year (The Holidays includes my Birthday and Anniversary) is off limits. Always has been and always will be. It’s ok though. It’s a part of life.

My goal date is October 31, 2010.

I have about 85 Lbs to lose.

That averages to 8.5 Lbs per month.

I have a new Wii

Wii Fit Plus

Jillian 2009 and 2010

Gold’s Gym Wii Game

Home Elliptical and Spinner

BodyBugg with 6 months pre-paid service

Lax job that allows long walk breaks

Lap-Band®

Slim Shots for hungry days (though I haven’t had one in awhile…)

Great Support System at LBT!!!

Please someone tell me how I could go wrong with this?

All are welcome to join in! What is your goal for this coming New Year??

WTG Diva !!! This is a great idea - I feel that my mentor thread help me stay focus and helping others you help yourself !!!

Peeps who are reading this - Come join Diva in her challenge she's a great person - alot of fun and she will help you get it done- well you all will help each other

Come and join her - you all can help each other - that's what LBT is all about 24/7 support - it's been my support since I was banded - I love it..

Good Luck Diva - You can do this I know you can !!!

xoxox J

(((Janet)))

Thank you so much!! I'm sure it will start picking up once I start posting in here ;-P However right now I'm just enjoying my Holidays.

I posted it while I was thinking about it and that way I'm on the hook once January 1st gets here.

I don't even want to call it a New Year's Resolution. It's a 2010 Git'r dun!

You inspire me so much! I still remember when you hit goal and I was so happy for you. Now I have to stop feeling sorry for myself and remember all the reasons why I spent all this time / money / energy on myself. It's time!

:biggrin:

(((Janet)))

Thank you so much!! I'm sure it will start picking up once I start posting in here ;-P However right now I'm just enjoying my Holidays.

I posted it while I was thinking about it and that way I'm on the hook once January 1st gets here.

I don't even want to call it a New Year's Resolution. It's a 2010 Git'r dun!

You inspire me so much! I still remember when you hit goal and I was so happy for you. Now I have to stop feeling sorry for myself and remember all the reasons why I spent all this time / money / energy on myself. It's time!

:biggrin:

Yep Irene - You can do this and will do it once you make your mind up about it.... Plus it helps to be at your sweet spot too. ;0)

You just can't think of it as dieting - it's about eating healthy that's it - There are tons of treats in our lunch room right now at work - Oh my would I love to have one (really about 5 cookies)- but I am saving my treats for when I make Xmas Cookies with Grandaughters -

It's all about the trade offs - I have kept my weight off for over a year now - but know I have to be diligent in keeping up my healthy eating habits - I can't let the old ones slip back into my life..

I am determined to keep my weight off - If an old broad like me can do it - so can a young cute thang like yourself can too..

You go girl - I am in your corner and if you need a kick in the butt after the 1st of the year - you know where to find me.

Merry Christmas to you & yours - Blessed New Years !!!

xoxox

Janet

Oh girl, I am the Queen of maintenance!! I have been at this weight for a year and a half almost. I have no doubt at all that once I hit goal I will be able to keep it off. My problem is just getting there! :wink2:

You're right though, but it's hard work getting there too. I just have to do it. January through November is my prime time of weight loss. Over the many years of my life and losing I've figured that out. I honestly don't even think about it all through November and December. Way too much going on, but good thing is I don't gain either!! Well I haven't in the last two years anyway... hehe :lol:

You're such a sweetheart!! Thank you so much and yes, please check in on me! I know you probably see me saying a few things here and there on FB, but the long journey will be here.

Hugs and definitely have a fabulous Holidays too! I hope you have fun with the Cookies and your Darling Granddaughters. :smile2:

Hi Diva. I would like to join. I am trying to get to my sweet spot. I started feeling sorry for myself, thinking I would be one of those people that the band would not work for. I felt guilty because I am a self pay and took money out of our account to pay for the band. Thank you for posting. You have given me hope. I have 7.3ccs in a 10cc Lapband. I pray that this next fill will be the last fill for a while.

I have a lot of the same products that you have to help on this journey. I like slimshots. I find they really help curb my appetite. I have Wii active, Wii fit, countless workout DVDS and several exercise machines. I currently have the 2009 Mile Challenge thread in the fitness section. We have been going strong since July 2009. My weight loss has stalled however.

You have lost a great deal of weight. How did you do it? What and how much food did you eat? How much do you exercise?

I am excited about this challenge. I will set mini goals. My birthday is in February. I would like to lose 10lbs by the 12th. I will then work toward other small goals leading up to my one year anniversary with the band. I would love to have a loss of 30lbs by May 28, 2010.

Hi Diva-

I too have been struggling with my band and recently had mine fixed due to a slippage. I always love reading your posts and am wondering how you are doing. I'm vowing that 2010 will be my year to hit goal as well. I'm all for Any support we can give each other!

Hi Diva-

I too have been struggling with my band and recently had mine fixed due to a slippage. I always love reading your posts and am wondering how you are doing. I'm vowing that 2010 will be my year to hit goal as well. I'm all for Any support we can give each other!

Hello there caramia,

You know, it's so funny you bring this thread back up. I've struggled up until about last month. I received *yet* another fill - but somehow - someway it has turned out to be a crazy miracle fill.

Usually by now I'm struggling again with hunger and amount I can eat. Not only that if I were to get more I'm sure I'd start falling into the "too tight" category. But, this time it has been so fantastic. Before this last fill I was thinking about revisions and maybe even just taking the band out. But, after the fill I've been eating small portions and really haven't given second thought to anything associated with dieting. I pretty much eat what I want, when I want. Sometimes healthy, sometimes not.

I've slowed down on my exercise too. I do maybe 5 days a week for about 30 minutes per day. Very miniscule to what I'm used to. The great thing is though I'm averaging about 1 Lbs lost per week. Again, I'm not even trying. :thumbup:

I'll ride this for as long as I can, until then I'll just live my life. :thumbup:

Irene-

I have that same issue - too tight/not tight enough! It's a never ending battle. I am hoping that with this revision things will be smooth sailing and I can lose that last 50. I hate feeling like a failure. I know I"m not, but it's hard not to compare yourself to those who have lost 90+ in 1 year! I'm getting ready to begin my 3rd year!!

I'm so happy that you are doing well and it makes it that much sweeter when it's almost effortless!! Best of luck and drop me a line if you'd like to stay in touch!

Carol

Hello there caramia,

You know, it's so funny you bring this thread back up. I've struggled up until about last month. I received *yet* another fill - but somehow - someway it has turned out to be a crazy miracle fill.

Usually by now I'm struggling again with hunger and amount I can eat. Not only that if I were to get more I'm sure I'd start falling into the "too tight" category. But, this time it has been so fantastic. Before this last fill I was thinking about revisions and maybe even just taking the band out. But, after the fill I've been eating small portions and really haven't given second thought to anything associated with dieting. I pretty much eat what I want, when I want. Sometimes healthy, sometimes not.

I've slowed down on my exercise too. I do maybe 5 days a week for about 30 minutes per day. Very miniscule to what I'm used to. The great thing is though I'm averaging about 1 Lbs lost per week. Again, I'm not even trying. :wub:

I'll ride this for as long as I can, until then I'll just live my life. :thumbup:

I WISH I COULD DO 30 MINUTES A DAY. I DO 2-2AND1/2 HRS A DAYIN THE GYM.MY GOAL IN THE GYM FOR THE PAST 2 WEEKS HAS BEEN 10 MILES A DAY:wub:. THATS WHAT I DO. I GUESS I HAVEN'T HIT THAT SWEET SPOT B/C MY MD SAYS THAT I AM NOT SUPPOSED TO WORK OUT THAT HARD.:tongue2: YET I AM GETTING READY TO ADD 2 DAYS OF AROEBICS IN ADDITION TO 5 DAYS IN THE GYM:thumbup:

I too have struggled for several months now. I have even avoided my doc b/c I know I will hear him fuss and complain about "what I'm doing wrong". I know I am doing some things right but there are some things I need to work on. I am in for this challenge!

I teach at the local High School and Summer is almost here. Since I do work 2 jobs, when Summer comes around....it's really gonna be on!!! I try to get to the gym 3-4 times a week now, but hopefully when I don't have to worry about job#1, I will have everyday to devote to working out more. My eating habits are getting better as well. Being so busy, I have a hard time eating slow and eating healthy foods. I eat on the go and I know that is something I need to try not to do.

So like I said....I am in!

My short term goal is to loose 50 more pounds before August 15, 2010!!!!! That is about 10 lbs a month.

My long term goal is to loose 115-120 more.:eek:

WE CAN DO IT!!:redface: :confused: :thumbup:

Edited by Sandyjean