Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

sweet jesus, I'm in hell.........bandster hell

I was banded on 11/10 and have been on solid food since about a week out. Yes, that is what my doctor wanted. 1-2 liquid, 3-7 mushie, and then solids. Anyway, I have absoulutly no restriction and can eat as much as I use to and I hate it. I have stopped loosing weight and I am frustrated. The only difference in before surgery is that I stay full longer than I use to, but having no restriction and having to eat a lot to get full is really aggervating. I need a fill really soon. First fill not scheduled until next Tue, the 15th.

Your doctor is very aggresive with progressing your diet and starting your fills.

Yes, you are in B. Hell and there is nothing you can do about it!!!! To minimize your gain make sure you are walking or exercising daily and count your calories. I gained 12 pounds during that time, so I feel your pain!!!

Best wishes,

Mimi

I was abnded on Nov 12th. Im right there with ya sista! I could eat a cow! My stomach rumbles most of the day, i am counting calories but gaining weight. Started exercising but got yelled at by Doc and nutr. UGH! Very frustrating. I just want to get healthy and eat well!!!

OMG mee tooooo! I moved onto my first mushie last night for dinner and I am HUNGRY ALL THE TIME NOW!

It took about 3 weeks of feeling hungry all the time, but I'm 6 weeks in and it's not as bad. So try to eat as little as possible, lots of Protein and eat 5 -6 times a day. Good luck, you can do it. :thumbup:

Hang in there guys it does get better in a few short weeks you will start getting fills and all will be good. Good luck.

Im in Bandster Hell right now too. I am managing to lose slowly though and it's because I'm eating Protein like crazy. It keeps me fuller, longer. Though, I'm still eating more than I should! I go walking every day, 30 minutes. I think that's helping me lose/maintain during this awful time.

Really you should only be eating about a cup of food per meal. anymore and you can hurt and or strain your band.

Nothing is going to happen to the band. It hasn't been filled yet. That's why we are all suffering right now; there is no restriction. If the body is hungry, it needs food. I doubt eating until reasonably satisfied is going to hurt anything.

I really don't think any dr will say eat all you want till your full. I been in this game for a year now and have not seen it. Ask your DR.

Edited by scottyd

Hmmm, my doctor says, when you're hungry eat. Take your time, eat slowly, chew your food well, and make healthy choices. My fill isn't until the 18th of January so i have a while to go. There's no way I could eat a CUP and I don't think anyone else could too. All I'm saying is there's no need to starve for heavens sake. And, it doesn't matter how long you've been at this; from what I can everyone's surgeons have different rules. Im going by what mine says and the same goes for you and everyone else.

Good luck in your journey.

From my 2 years of research, you do have a smaller stoma opening after surgery even if your band is unfilled. So, please be careful and follow your dr's advise... Bandster Hell is called this for a reason... we have all dealt with fat hell for long enough...think before you gorge using the thought, well there's no restriction, so I can eat the entire cow so to speak.

Good luck!

Many wishes of success,

Heather

Maybe you can talk to your doctor about a prescription appetite suppressant?

I havent gotten the lapband done yet, so I take phentermine in the meantime and it works really well for me. Sometimes I have to remember to eat because my appetite is like almost completely gone.