Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was just wondering if anyone has taken a zumba class. I normally go to the gym and do the treadmill, elliptical and weight machines. Zumba looks so fun though! I'm just afraid I won't be able to keep up. If anyone has taken a zumba class, I'd love to hear about their experience....thanks!

I love Zumba! It's the only exercise I do right now. I started classes at 320lbs. Yes, its hard at first but, the class goes by so fast and then your done for the day. Don't get discouraged just because you don't know the dance moves. It will take awhile to get them. Everyone started off just like you, have fun and enjoy it. I take classes five days a week and I hate to miss. I can't wait to the next class. I have made a lot of new friends at the age of 44. We have gone out dancing at a club and to lunch.

I wish you the best of luck. I say go for it. :w00t:

Hey Angie,

Was wondering how Zumba has affected your weight loss and inches lost. I started a little over a week ago with these classes and did 5 this past week. I don't plan on stopping, just wonering when the weight will start to "fly" off! Thanks, Lorelei

I only took one class and yes, it was a lot of fun. I felt silly at first because I don't have "moves"....LOL but no one cares.

My new gym offers an Aqua Zumba that I am dying to try...you have to have Water shoes though and the stores aren't carrying them yet!

Good Luck!

I just went to my first zumba class this week. Talk about fast feet! Wow! It was a lot of fun though, and it makes you sweat for sure! We even had one woman who used a cane, she did zumba from a chair.

Is there hope for those with two left feet? Or is it one of those classes that require a lot of coordination?

It requires lots of coordination to master the steps, but as long as you keep moving and your arms are in sync, no one will notice!

I am thinking of getting the DVDs because I can't make to the class offered at the gym. Has anyone used the DVDs? This looks like so much.

I have been lurking outside the zumba class at my gym for weeks now! I haven't worked up the courage to actually take the class, because I am so uncoordinated. I am always peeking in on my way to my pilates class, which is in the studio right next door at the same time. The music sounds so fun and everyone leaves the class covered in sweat. Maybe I will check the schedule and just go for it this week!:biggrin:

i love zumba try it you will love it, its soo much fun you dont even realize you are working out thats how much fun it is..=)

Zumba is great... I take it at my gym. If you google the official website you can put in your zip for local class. Try it!!

I'd love to do it but my nearest classes are 40km away (one of the downsides to living in a small country town).I've just started a Bollywood dancing class instead. Its great fun but also very fast and hysterically funny when you are as unco as I am!

i was up late last night, and just happened to see the zumba infomercial. It looks like so much that I actually ordered the DVD set! It's supposed to arrive within 7 days. I am as uncoordinated as a bear, and can't dance worth 2 cents, that's why I won't take a class right now (also my stamina is zero, and I'll only be able to do it a few minutes at a time!). But who knows? Maybe someday I'll feel confident enough to start a classes once I get afew of the moves learned!:frown:

I LOVE ZUMBA!!!! So sad my gym moved farther away and I had to cancel my gym membership. Have the program but its nothing like doing it at a gym with a great instructor and a whole bunch of other people!

Signing up at 24 hour fitness just because they have Zumba!!!!! Luv it!!!