Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Band is not working!

Hi ladies,

In my 14th week here......my band remains filled at 5.5 cc's, my doc did not unfill me. I have gained 10 pounds so far....and happily developing my baby bump.

I would love to hear how you all are ding with your pregnancies- if you are still 'filled' and is your band working? I feel as if I do not have a band at all sometimes....I am HUNGRY a real gnawing hunger almost every 2 hours. This is my first pregnancy so not sure if this is 'normal' ?

I would love to get my band tightened further but realize would not be best. Should also add that I am eating things I have not eaten since surgery.....pasta, bread, etc. My need for carbs came back when I could not eat Protein or much of anything else due to morning sickness.

Thanks for your help!

Abby

Hey Abby!

I had my band unfilled when i was 4 weeks preggo....since my last ob visit (at the end of nov) i only gained 5lbs..food sometimes hurts goin down dependin on what i eat (mainly doughy food)...evethough i dont have a fill i still have some restriction (not like before tho) i know what u mean about carbs i crave them all the time...hopefully i dont gain to much weight (im halfway done!) hope all is well with u!

-Cindy

Hi ladies,

I am 17weeks and I got a 3cc unfill had 6 in at first. i got the unfill at 13 weeks cuz i kept throwing up after eating 2 bites of food and it hurt like hell when eating but even with me throwing up. i still gained weight and have gained like 18lbs so far which kind of scares me cause with past pregnancies i nener gained more than 23lbs totaland my baby was 9lbs and i was obese then.maybe its my body reaction to initiating carbs back into diet. my ob says dont worry about that just concentrate on a healthy baby which i know she is right. i am trying now to decrease some of my carbs but not all of them cause baby comes first and we all need balanced diet during pregnancy.:thumbup:

I had trouble eating and around 14-16 weeks got my band completely emptied. I have lost around 20 pounds since learning I was pregnant. I had 6 ccs in my band and now am completely empty and 26 weeks pregnant. I eat carbs, but definately try to go with healthy carbs like whole wheat and what not. Don't let you cravings get out of control though. I find that if I just have a few bites of something I'm craving that I'm okay. Just make sure you don't gain too much, but be healthy for you and baby :thumbup: Good luck to all of you!!!

I got unfilled at around 15 weeks. One of the reasons was because my fill wasn't working anyway. My Band was no match for Pregnancy hormones and related hunger so I was eating pretty good. I got unfilled because I didn't want to do any damage to my pouch.

I have gained a lot of weight so far (I'm 29 weeks), but I'm okay with it. I know that once I have the baby, I'll get my fill back and the hunger hormones will subside and I'll get back to where I want to be.

I got unfilled also because I was worried about getting too tight in later pregnancy (as the uterus pushes up into your stomach anyway- giving the feeling of restriction) and having some sort of complications from that.