Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did We Do Well?

Hi Everyone. This is the December Thread.

Let's post what we've accomplished so far this year. And how we plan to spend the last month of the year reviewing our progress so far.

Hi everyone, just checking to see who've come back. So far, just me. But that's okay. So now that you're back what has been going on in your life? Whatever it is, I hope it didn't take you too far from your goal.

I'm still here and still hanging in. I did pretty good over thankgiving. I didn't gain I lose 2 lbs. Probaby just Water, but I still felt pretty good about it.

Nice to know someone is still around.

Just checking in. Still losing slowly and still have not gotten a new battery for my scale. In October when the battery died, I vowed not buy a new one and just let my clothes tellme when I've lost or gained.

When I had to pull out my "oh no, I've gained weight pants", I got back to losing again. I had a bread habit I was feeding. Now that, that's over I'm losing weight again.

So, what's going on in your life?

Hello all..

seems like a ghost town in marchieville, a few of us occasionally check in but very rarely and there are some who havent checked in for a long time..

i havent been coming on cuz ive been having a lot of personal issues with myself... self sabatoging habits.. but that should get better...

i started seeing a therapist, cuz even though ive lost all this weight i still am not happy with myself. ive realized that this is a issue that lies deep within and needs to be worked on..

ive also got myself a personal trainer, to get some motivation and accountability to get myself back to the gym.. i just couldnt get myself to go again..

ive got to get out of this slump, and i think im making some steps in the right direction..

hope everyone else is doing ok:wub:

I miss our lively and active thread, it was always so motivating and inspirational.

Jeni 85, I know and understand the self sabortaging issue. Once I got down to 181lbs. Just 5lbs from my goal and what did I do began to eat even when I wasn't hungry.

Like you I haven't been excersing nor been to the gym. I was going with my daughter at nights. So, when she wasn't able to go I didn't. Mind you now, I was going faithfully before our "mother - daughter" support team.

Now that the holidays are here, I hope to use this time as my jump to getting in control of my eating portions. I did chose bad foods, and over enjoyed the good choices.

I so do want to be at goal weight come March, 2010. This is my year to be at my best in weight and health.

So, Jeni all though we don't post much, still think of us and what we would say to encourage you to get back on track.

Just remember we are all in this together. We all are going through things in our lives and we all handle them differently.

The one thing that we have control over in this is what we eat. Yes, it's easier said than done, but when you really think about it, it is easier.

But most of all, just think of how worse we would feel if we were not on this journey. I dread to think of it, try to push it out of my mind but honestsly, we've come a long way baby.

Well, I'll stop here and do come back. I'll try to get back more than once a week. If I'm the only one here to encourage you, then I'm what you need at that time.

See you soon.

Edited by Whitepants

thanks for the support gwen!!!

im glad to know im not the only one that has fallen off track "the band wagon"

but im proud of myself i went to the gym toady a little earlier to warm up before me session w my trainer. i did 25min of cardio, 1hr of stregnth training with the trainer.. and 10min of stretching...

why is it that it is so hard to get ourselves to the gym, but after we fell so darn great??? you think that would be enough motivation to keep us going...

i may be skinnier on the outside but damn i still got a fat girl mind inside!!!

lol

ill be checkin in more often... and thank you again gwen!!!!:wub:i hope i can be of some help to you as well..

by the way where did all the marchies disapper to... i haven't seen miss juli on here in the longest time!!

Hi, I hope they're doing well. Even though they're not logging. Life for me right now is fine. Not losing anything, but not gaining back that much.

I think once I get back into the gym, I'll lose again. Not that I'm making bad choices, just not exercising to maintain nor losing either.

I'm wearing my stand by pants. The one that you have to wear for the new pants are not fitting right. Those pants.

Well, enough for me now. Don't get stressed, we could have bigger problems. You know what I mean. We've still pounds ahead from where we were almost 3 years ago.

OMG, Gwen you are so right. I have been going to the Y most days, but as of today I still have a lot to do. Seems as if there has been a lot going on, and more seems to get add everyday.

Oh well, stay strong, the first of the year is almost here and things will settle down and get back to normal.

Have a Merry Christmas everyone and a Happy New Year.

Carol

Hi All, just stopping by to say hello. I've been slowly getting back into the grove. I feel my slump is almost over, for I have started cooking for more than one days meal. Since I still have a membership active at Bally's I will be starting back before the end of the month.

I getting my mind frame geared up for this. All I need is one day at the gym and it'll be easier for the next time. Since I know that once I start, I'm good for 3/three months. I've already mapped out my eating regime. I'm going to make diabetic meal decision. For since diabetes runs in my family too.

I'm eating more healthy so it seems like I'm maintaining my weight. Not really losing any more. So, I may have reached my lapband weight. So, to lose more weight, I may need to go the route of hence the bad word; diet.

I've been holding at 191lbs for about 3 months now. All I want is to lose another 15lbs, which is my ideal weight lose. Which then I'll be very happy and then maintain that weight.

I don't want another fill. Afraid of the PB that might/will come of it. And we all know that is not a good feeling.

So, I've made my New Year's Resolution, something I think I can obtain. So, we'll see.

MERRY CHRISTMAS, and have a joyous day. It'll be hard be we can still make healty, good food choices. If we can get past X-Mas, we'll do alright.

Hi All, just checking in. I've been toying with getting back into the swing of things. I've been checking out the status of daybreak in the mornings. I can now start back to the gym in the morning for it's light outside begtween 6:45am & 7:00am. The last 3 mos has not been in my favor. For I could not get it together. Just been lazy. I've had strong days and weak day. Maybe, it was the fall/winter that got me down. I'm not sure, but I'm over it now.

I'll start the January, 2010 thread. If someone else wants to do it please do.

Good Day All. Did'nt get to the gym, had a tightness in my chest and throat. Hope it's gas and of course I have no antiacid in the house.

I have some at work. I'll take a few when I get there and hope that works.

A few more days till 2010, get ready to get back in action. We may have all strayed but we still know what to do.

Hope everyones Christmas was a good one. We've been stuck in the house from our Christmas eve and Christmas day snow storm. They still have plowed our street and we have a snow drift at the end of the drive that is at least 12 inches to 15 inches deep. My little car won't go throuht it. So I haven't been to the Y since last Wednesday. I feel like a fat pig. I need the Y, I miss it. Can't believe I'ms saying that.

I'm thinking of join weight watchers again. I need something to kick start my diet. Have to much food around since no one was able to get out for the holiday.

Glad to hear from you Gwen. Hang in there .

Carol

hi everyone,

glad to see we have a few "marchies" still on here. i cant believe it's almost been 3 years for us.

gwen i promise to start participating on the january thread.

i need a jumpstart too. sugar is killing me.

i am starting to lick this habit today. if i wait till january 1...i will not fit in my chair.

i have to say last night i ate like i was going to jump off the plank. and i feel yucky.

when i eat well...i feel better, my skin looks better....what is wrong with me?

so today i am committing to the following:

-drink at least 64 ozs of Water

-eat 3 meals and no snacking (snacking for me starts me in a cycle of eating all day)

-gym 3 x's this week since i'm just going back after 2 weeks of absence.

NO SUGAR.....

anyway i will check in on the new thread.....

josie

hi carol..

there's a thread on LBT for people doing weight watchers with the band.

josie