Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Second fill blues??

Hi everyone... I am a little bit concerned. I had my second fill almost 2 weeks ago and I am eating more then I was before that fill. I barely have any restriction, I don't understand it. I was doing good with the first fill but now I haven't lost anything... because I know I am eating too much. I try to fight the hunger but dam, I am hungry. Has anyone else experienced this after their second fill? I just don't get it....

It might take a couple more adjustments to get your restriction where you want it. Hang in there and try to do regular dieting and exercise til you get to restriction.

Good luck,

Mimi

Instead of eating more at mealtime, try eating the prescribed amount. Then, if/when you get hungry in less than three hours, eat a small Protein snack...a boiled egg, an ounce of low fat cheese, a little cottage cheese, an ounce of lunchmeat or anything similar (protein and 100 calories or less). That should hold you over comfortably and not compromise your overall eating/weight loss.

I didn't feel much different after the 2nd fill either, but now after the 3rd fill, and it was only .6cc's I really feel the restriction. It takes time and everyone is different.. just roll with it, it will come!:ohmy:

Ask your doctor for another fill. It sounds like you are ready.

Oh boy do I sympathize with you. I was banded the day before you and I have had 7 maybe even 8 fills and I would say that I am just now getting closer to restriction. This has been MUCH harder than I ever expected. I promise it will get better but even then it still kinda sucks, IMHO. Hang in there...just think where you will be this time next year and where you would have been had you not been banded. You're doing fantastic!!!

Yes the same happened to me, they said that when they withdrew the Fluid to measure before the fill that things can shift a bit, especially early on, so that even though I had more fluid I had less restriction. This got better with more fluid in my band, so give it time, if you still feel this way in 2 weeks call for another fill. My doctor will do them every 2 weeks until you get to the right spot on fills.

Wow, I just had 7 cc of a fill put in, and I don't feel any difference. It's my second fill. It hurts if I eat too fast, but I don't see or feel any restriction. I do get full, but I'm also really careful. This is really good information to know.

Does anyone know how to put the weight loss ticker on their profile? Is it a signature? I can't figure out it..

I am having problems getting the weight loss scale on my emails.. Is there an instruction sheet for "dummies" LOL!:thumbup: