Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hurricane Pics

paula

Mary,

This was Rita - NOT Katrina! (I know, too many to remember the names)

What made this storm so memorable is the fact that the Katrina victims were in all the hotels, camp grounds, shelters and wherever else they could find rooms - and us Rita victims had NO place to evacuate to! When we were enroute to NC, we FINALLY found an empty room an hour from Atlanta. We live in Louisiana - and thats the Georgia border!

Paula, first, I am so happy you suffered minimal damage, and you are all safe! When I was a little girl, from birth to about 11 year old, my family would go to a friend's beach house on Holly Beach, so it's very real to me. I remember swimming there, playing on the beach...wondering why I couldn't go to the BonTemps Roulet (sp?) with the grown-ups....LOL!

It hurts to see the beach like that...I hope it won't be long before there is rebuilding. I am glad you posted the pictures...and interesting that so little time was given to other parts of Louisiana and Mississippi, in contrast to the New Orleans situation. YOu did us a public service!

Thanks, Cindy

Wow, Paula.

It's good to have you back and very good to know that you and yours are safe with an only slightly damaged roof over your heads.

Hugs!

Paula I can't imagine going though that! I am so happy you and your family are o.k. A home can be repaired, but family can't. I am happy you don't have a lot of repairs to do. Thank you for sharing all those pictures. It is said to see so many people hurt and losing everything they had.

Paula,

I am so sorry that you and your family had to go through this awful storm, but thank God you guys were not hurt. I know you probably don't really know who I am as I only started posting a little before you were hit by the hurricanes. I live in Miami, FL so believe me I understand what you have been through all too well. I have lived in Miami my whole life, so you can imagine how many storms I have been through. I don't know if it's me, but they sure seem to be getting a lot worse. Right now we are in danger of being hit by Wilma, can you imagine, they are in the W's!!!! Anyway, this lovely storm has broken a record for the lowest pressure ever recorded and kicked up to a category 5. This afternoon said that it was down to 165 mph, that's down? Anyway, I also really glad that your home is livable. I know a lot of people here have been very concerned about you and the prayers were many.

Thanks for posting the pictures. People need to see just how bad these storms cn be and that they need to be taken seriously.

I have a friend who lives in Meterarie and she and her daughter's home, right across the street from one another, were only damaged minimally and they were wise enough to go to Western Texas before the storm hit. So I have really been hearing a lot about the storms from her.

Well, sorry to ramble on, I have a bad habit of that. I pray that you guys continue to overcome all of this and please say a prayer for us here in Florida, we're going to need it, bad.

Cindy

Wow, those first two pictures blew me away. I'm glad you and your family are safe.

What a beautiful family. Congratulations on your weight loss.

Paula I am so thankful that you and your family are safe now. I, along with everyone here on LBT, was so concerned about you and your family. Glad you are back. Pics are welcome anytime.

Just a side note, Please do pray for the safety of our Florida LBTers in the path of Wilma. My daughter is in her path and I have tried to convince her to fly out here but she is insistent on staying for now to be with her hubby who works for Florida Power and Water. He can't leave.

Oh my Lord! I literally almost started crying when I saw the damage done not only to the beach area, but in all of the other pictures too!

I am from MI and we do not have twisters like that here, so I've honestly never seen damage like that before.

We get smaller tornado like cells that have passed through here, or near here, but nothing ever like that.

I thank the good Lord that you and all of your family are safe and sound and back in your home. And praise God that you moved out of that other house! What protection HE gives!

Lots of Love To You!

My eyes are going bad, and every time I see the title to this post I think it says, "Hurricane Pies." I'm sick. Sick, sick, sick.

My eyes are going bad, and every time I see the title to this post I think it says, "Hurricane Pies." I'm sick. Sick, sick, sick.

Not as sick as me.....I was looking at all of these terribly sad pictures....then I see the family pic....and all I can think now is...."wow....Paula's husband is HOT". Go Paula!!!

And I'm sorry for all the hassle ya'll have gone through. Many blessings and prayers headed your way.

Pictures in the beginning to make us cry then pictures at the end to make us smile.

Thanks for sharing and your attitude is to be praised, you go girl!