Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

is my band filled too much?

I recently went for my 3rd fill, bringing me up to 8cc out of 11cc. Since then I can eat and drink very little. I also have acid reflux, and I've been vomiting just about every day (even though I don't eat a lot). I take medication and I have a hard time with it (very bad esophagus pain).

On the other hand, I've lost 6lbs in one week, which is the best so far. When I was at 7cc I could eat a lot more, and barely lost any weight. Should I maybe try 7.5cc?

I'd def. go in and get an unfill even if it is just .5 cc's. When I got my last fill, 8cc in a 10cc band, I contemplated getting an unfill because for the first week I would have acid, but only if I laid down or if I ate too quickly. But after that it went away and I've been doing really well. However if you are actually vomiting and the acid is constant and unyeilding, like jachut said, the health of your band isn't worth risking and neither is your health. And with the lapband sometimes the slower the better when it comes to weight loss. I am down 100lbs today but it's taken me a year and 4 months. There were people that lost that amount in 5 or 6 months but I'd rather let my body take this at its own speed...

Please go see your doc, even 1/4cc unfill could make a difference. Losing wt is nice but being that tight is not good for you in the long term. Let us know what you do.

Mimi

I recommend just going to the doc and let him decide. I know first hand that if you vomit too much, they will unfill you completely and you have to start all over with the fills... which sucks.

Go back to him before you get to that point. Good luck!

And if you stay that tight, your weight loss will slow down dramatically or even stop because you aren't getting adequate nutrition. call the doc to go in for an unfill...they'll probably see you as soon as you can get in.

Thank you all for your replies.

I went to the doctor this morning and she removed 0.5cc, bringing me down to 7.5cc. I feel much better. I am now able to eat and drink a bit more, and my medications go down just fine. I think 7.5cc is going to be the sweet spot for me.

I've been at 7.5cc a couple weeks now. Good weight loss, but now it seems I can eat more and more. I might need to go up to 7.75cc.

I just went to my doctor today and found out that being over-filled will cause damage to the band. I have the same symtoms as you. I was totally unfilled. Be Careful and don't try to live with being over-filled. It will cause you to have another surgery to fix the damage. Which is what I could be looking at from being overfilled.

It's strange because I'm back at 8cc and I can eat and drink just fine. I'm even a bit too loose. A month ago I couldn't get down anything at this level, but then they unfilled me and later refilled me. Very odd...

hey zillmoro- what size band do you have?

I think it's 11cc.