Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

magical lapband.. has anyone else experienced this?

One question, how is it you get a rootbeer float? I was told no more pop EVER again.

Is it okay to break this rule? I kinda thought this was the grand rule of rules.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

>>>>>>>>>>>>>ya know how the root beer goes flat from the ice cream? thats why... you can have flat pop..

so no, its not completely flat but it feels fine..

when i drink a sip of pop it feels very strange.. the carbination..

i dunno about why pop is a rule, i have heard many stories.... i will assume one a week would be fine.. i aint a pop drinker.. some people drink it all day and i bet its bad if your ya know drinkng them every day.

I see the grand daddy of all rules being to not allow pbing and slimes and such.. cuz loss of the band scares me to death.

lamadam

I can only speak for me..I know for me that when my restriction level is good..I do not even think about food. It is the strangest thing..there is NO obsession on when I'm going to eat again or what am I going to eat. ..sometimes I forget to eat.

>>>>>>>>>>>>

THIS IS WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR!!

WOW

I am so excited that You (one of the most successfull bandsters) had that experience..

I so so wanted someone else to have experienced that...

I am really psyched out over it.. thats why I call it magic.. cause, I have spent 20 years trying to get food outta my head and never could and cant see its possible.. but it is.. lol

Yeah.....

CHGIRL)

Oh Nykee, you are doing totally awsome!!! In less than a year's time you are already redefining your lifestyle.

No more fast food, that's huge to give up, I also notice you have given up a lot of the really sugary foods and drinks, how great is that!!!

I don't know of anyone personally who stops the instant they feel the restriction the way you do!!!

>>>>>>>>>>>its downright impossible... I still think that too, when obviously it is.. I keep thinking something fishy is going on.. lol

You need to give yourself much more credit than you do for having self control.

>>>>>>>well, as I wrote this post... it got me thinkng alot.. and I started to think maybe I should contemplate if I can have some credit.. Maybe I make up so many reasons why its NOT me because I am so used to KNOWING for a fact I am a loser...

I can give my self credit for stopping as to not Pb ot those things

cuz I had these thoughts before I was banded like "I am not gonna have PBs these people are crazy.. sounds like hell to me.. watch.. I wont let it happen to me. (but I didnt know there was lots of other things..i WAS THINKING A pb sounded awefull and It would probably be enough to keep me from risking it .. i was thinking Fear of Pain would control me.. But thats not how it works)

and then it was explained to me here that its not that simple and its part of the process and I realized I was being nieve about avoiding them..

And the fact is I can go alot further and be no where near a Pb..

But I just have this thing where I stop right away.. and I feel proud.

But the fact that I dont crave and mourn my fast food and buffets and thick drinks and guzzling of juice and milk and so on..

THATS NOT ME!!!!!!!!!

I have tried to give these things up countless times..

One time we went milkless for 3 weeks...(plus my month of low carb diet)

One time we went without fast food for about a month..

Otherwise nothing lasted more than a week..

AND THERE WAS PAIN AND STRUGGLE the whole time..

right this minute I said in my mind "No way.. I LOVE my fast food and buffets and KFC and I love them and want them so bad"

then immediately I thought "no I dont" (cuz i dont.. i dont care)

hummmmm

My mind is wrestling with reality....

Thats new,... I seriously just said it like it was a fact.. and then remembered it wasnt.... and got confused and couldnt decide whats real..

I guess all i can say is.. I do not care or find my self desireing to eat like I listed in my first post. I know what obsessing and wanting food so bad feels like and its not happening at all... THATS a fact.

I ate that way for 0ver ten years and it WAS my life.... and the above fact isnt a possibility I think can exist.. and if it does it sure in the heck is some kind of mental trick... or brain damage.. not of my will.

gosh.. I cant stop trying to figure things out.. (sorry I am doing it in my responce to you.. lol)

I actually went crazy and am gonna make a new thread..

Thinking is fun.

Nykee, I just finished reading your post to me and I have tears rolling down my cheeks. You are actually proud of yourself, I never thought I would see you admit that, it's incredible!!!!! You have every right to feel proud and then some. I wish I could express into words how much you are helping me and I am sure countless others. You were so sure that you could not do this, that you could not change your lifestyle, and I thought, how awful, she's not going to succeed with that kind of thinking. I really felt sorry for you, but I certainly don't anymore. My God did you prove me wrong, and I couldn't be happier about it.

It obviously was extremely hard for you to make this lifestyle change, as it is for all of us, but you have done it and done it well!!!! What an inspiration you are to me. I love hearing your postive thinking. I'm glad you're trying to figure things out in you own mind, that's what all of us need to do, because that's probably the biggest reason we all have weight problems, is we are emotional eaters, most of us anyway. Sure I think all of us love food, but it is so much more than that, it's very complicated. I am so glad to hear about someone who is pushing past what they've always done in the past and doing something they never thought they could. That's you, that's exactly what you are doing and you are helping me to follow your example in my way of thinking.

You are doing so great on your weight loss and I can't wait until you can finally feel the difference, I know it won't be much longer, because you've already lost so much. You are going to be thrilled.

Take Care,

Cindy