Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Some advice Guys please , Problems after 3rd Fill

Hi everyone , had my third fill last thursday , but I seem to be having problems ( or I think )

Im now on fifth day since the fill but I cannot manage anything but fluids , perhaps half a pot of yoghurt or very watery Soup. Ive tried this evening with some baby spaghetti bolognese but only managing 2/3 tea spoonfulls and Im stuffed , burping , hiccupping to try and get it settled, the Im sliming a little and its taking about 15/20 mins to settle.

Have I hit the magic spot everyone talking about do you think , or do you think perhaps too tight.

The doctor did say to me last week to take it easy for a week on fluids for a couple of days and then soft mushies for the rest of the week before trying solids again.

Last couple of fills , after a day or 2 max everything had settled in past albeit after 2nd fill I could manage to eat about a cup and a half of whatever I was eating.

Im not hungry .. the opposite actually seem to be absolutely stuffed... if I even attept to eat another small bit I feel a tightness and only goes away after bringing it up so I must be full I guess after 2/3 teaspoons ..

I thought they said the size of an egg ... not a pea LOL

Can someone give me some words of wisdom and reassurance please , would be much appreciated.

Regards Nick

ps ... well whatever the weight is a losing , this cant be healthy can it really:eek:

If you are PB'ing /sliming then you are more than likely not at your sweet spot. Sounds like you are a little tight. May suggest a .25 cc unfill to the doctor. It may resolve itself in a week but I would think it would have already done so.

I had my 3rd fill on Oct 26th, I did liquids for 5 days as requested by dr. I think also you might need a slight unfill.. I'm almost at my sweet spot.. I probably need another .5 or something like that.. I would call the dr to get back in just to be on the safe side, because you should be able to consume some food so you want be malnoursihed..

I agree. Sounds like you are too tight and need a slight de-fill. You should be able to eat a small balanced meal. Remember the band is a tool you will learn how to use.

I was too tight for about a month at one point - over 1cc too tight. Believe it or not my weight loss wasn't as good as it is now that the band is not as tight and I'm eating properly.

I say give it more time for the swelling to go down before rushing to the doctor for an unfill.

I felt the way you describe after my last two fills but the feeling usually subsides after a week or two. I am still very tight part of the day and start to open up in the early afternoon. As long as you can still drink you should be fine. Now if you still feel this way in a couple of weeks then perhaps you should consider a slight unfill.