Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've got my Date -- November 17th

I am so excited :)- i got my call and i have my date !!! Tuesday November 17, 2009. :cursing: Wow - this is what i have been working and waiting for !!!! I start my Protein Shakes in the am ---super stoked -- i wish i could jump up and down but since my staff does not know what i am doing i cant --- but once i get in the car -- oh ya aaaaaaaaa :redface:

Congratulations!!!! I got my consultation appointment yesterday at work also.... I was so excited just for that I cant even imagine how you are feeling. I bet you are BUSTING at the seams wanting to shout it out! Good luck to you on your journey. I hope my next step comes quickly. How long did you wait from time of consultation to surgery date just curious... I know everyone is different.

Again...

:):thumbup:CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!:cursing::thumbup:

I am so excited :)- i got my call and i have my date !!! Tuesday November 17, 2009. :cursing: Wow - this is what i have been working and waiting for !!!! I start my Protein shakes in the am ---super stoked -- i wish i could jump up and down but since my staff does not know what i am doing i cant --- but once i get in the car -- oh ya aaaaaaaaa :redface:

That is not very far at all! Congrats and soon you will be on this side of the band!

thank you so much and congratulations on your progress - it really looks like you have done wonderfully :)

My surgery date is Nov 17th too, Chico CA :) I started my pre op diet this morning. It's super strict. Im really excited about this journey finally starting. I feel like I am graduating from High School or getting married or something. I have alot of excitement about the commitment I am making and a bit of fear too.....but I guess I always get nervous in the line to Space Mountain too even though I love the thrilling result after I finish the ride. Man this is going to be the ride of a lifetime. Its nice to think that someone else will be going thru it on the same day :cursing:

My band date is Nov 17th as well. This is soooooo exciting!:w00t:

I am in Houston, TX. My doctor is associated with True Results.

I started my pre-op diet on Nov 1st. The first night is vomited from 7pm til 3am. I dont know if it was because of carb withdrawals or if i ate something that didnt agree with my stomach. I am on 2 Protein shakes and 2 high Protein, low carb, low fat meals a day. I feel much better now ( one week into the pre-op thing).

I keep telling my self that it is all about willpower at this point. I can do it. This is just one phase of my journey. :unsure: The next phase starts on Nov 17th!!!!!!!!!

Best wishes to all the other future bandsters on OUR day!:wink2:

Well finishing day two of the Protein Shakes and they are not that bad - at least they fill you up and keep you full - i save my beef broth for dinner time so that i feel like i am eating something - instead of just sitting there . i was actually surprised this morning , i got on the scale and was down 3 pounds from yesterday interesting - hopefully everyone is doing great !!! and what a perfect time to have this done ,, our hardest test will be early on - the "wonderful " holidays and all of those calorie-laden treats.... if we all can get thru this period we all can get thru anything :w00t:

Was wondering if any of you have weighed yourselves since starting the pre-op diet? I am too afraid :) to step on the scale, I used to be addicted to the scale many years ago and I don't want a number to mess with my head :).

We are just one week away!!!!! Very exciting :tongue2:

I've weighed myself and was really surprised. I lost 5 pounds so far. 2 the first day and 3 the second. I am going to weigh again this morning too :tongue2: My preop diet is severly strict though.

ok i weighed myself also and originally i lost 5 pounds within the 2 days - but then this morning i got on the scale and 4 of them were back :tongue2: I honestly do not know why. I have been on the Protein Shakes since Saturday am - absolutely no cheating -- no desire to do so - i have even made the shakes with Water - i have 1 cup of low sodium broth a day with the required 4 shakes and the water --- i do not understand this - and am sad :) and helpful hints out there ...

I am on a super-strict pre-op diet too (4 Protein shakes and 1 lean cuisine).

My advice...go ahead and weigh everyday, but DO NOT "count" that weight. Only believe the weight once a week (don't pick the best one LOL). Weigh at a consistent time once a week and let that be the true weight.

I've been on this flipping diet five weeks now. My surgery is 11/16, so I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. WHEW!! I'm down 20 pounds.

So, just stick with it and know that you are almost on to the next phase :tongue2:

Good luck!!

Any updates to share from the November 17th bandsters?

We are just 2 days (well 1 1/2 days) left til our big day.:tongue2:

Things are going great so far. The surgery center is supposed to call me Monday morning with my surgery time. Can't believe it is also most here! :wink2: I am sooooo excited!

Congratulations! My pre-op date is the 18th and I can hardly wait for that. Then it's two weeks of whatever pre-op diet they give me, and surgery on December 2nd. Interesting how some people seem to have to be on a special pre-op diet for months, weeks or days, and then others not at all. I wonder why? I know they're a lot of different surgeons and programs but you'd think there'd be some basic standard. Anyway, hope things go smoothly and you recover quickly. Best wishes!

:wink2:

so here i sit on my laptop - enjoying my evening sleepytime tea minus sweetener , and sugar free Jello - thinking wow it really is so close . Tuesday morning - i have to be at St. Alexuis Medical Center at 7:AM and surgery right now is scheduled at 9:25 am -- i am extremely excited, a bit nervous but in a good way and just plain ol' ready to have this part done. i have not cheated once on my diet and have to say i am proud of myself :blush: BUT i have only lot 6 lbs....:tongue2:

Good luck to everyone having surgery on the 17th - we have all come a long way !! :wink2: I will be staying overnight at the hospital - bariatric programs protocol - so i will not be able to check in with anyone until Wednesday evening !!!

Hello fellow November 17th bandsters! I am right there with you guys... Also waiting for a call on monday with my time, but the 17th it is for me! I am excited! Been waiting a long time for this... and it is finally here! We should all keep in touch since we are starting this journey together... Good luck to you all!