Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jeans, Jeans, Jeans

Help, I can't find any jeans to fit. Obviously, at 5'2, I don't expect to buy a pair off the rack and not have to hem them.

I'm at this in between size, 14W is too big, a 14 regular is too tight, (cuts me in the coochie), a regular 16 is too big and too long. I'm thinking if I could find a pair of stretch regular 14's. Any suggestions on where to look. I hate trying on clothes in the store. Friday, I tried on 5 pair of jeans, and none of them fit, talking about pissed.

I'm not complaining, but everything is too big, I bet I tried on everything in my closet yesterday trying to find one outfit I could wear. Thank goodness it was a warm day, reached for a pair of capris I'd been wearing all summer.

I hate shopping in stores, I know that's hard to believe, coming from a woman. I much prefer shopping on line, you just click a size instead of having to look at every tag on the rack, just much easier, but I send more stuff back now than I keep, because sizes vary so much.

I need suggestions for jeans to try and/or online stores you can recommend that have sizes pretty true to size. I love Silhouettes, their prices are great and the sizes very ample, but they have very few 12w things, if any.

Instead of Ebay, maybe one of our talented members could start a thread where we could auction or sell clothes between us, wouldn't that be neat, a LBT auction thread.

Pat, try Walmart. The Rider pants in the regular sizes seem to run a little big. The 12s from WalMart fit bigger than my 14 from LandsEnd. I'm betting you won't need to be w's.

I also have stretch Faded glory jeans from WalMart in 14.

Both the riders and faded glory come in petites, medium, and tall. They are all about $18. Good luck. Celeste

Thanks for the suggestion, I hadn't even thought about checking out Walmart, I can pick out several styles there, try them on at home and take them back easily there.

Thanks again.

I have a cousin that custom orders her Levi's from their website. They make the jeans to custom fit you going by your measurements. They are pricey though.

It's worth trying jeans in the junior's (teens) section. My 12's were too big so I tried 13's, the cut is slimmer but I've got a big butt...I was able to squeeze into 11's and as you wear them, they loosen up. Stretch jeans are the best!

All the jeans are long these days, Ive been wearing platform shoes...

Good luck and happy shopping!

Thanks everyone, I checked out the Levi website, OMG, $198 for a pair of jeans, I haven't paid money like that since my first pair of Calvin Kleins 25 years ago $68.00, a mere fortune back then, LOL.

I bought a pair of boots the other day with some very high heels, at least for me, I'm half way afraid I'm gonna fall off and break an ankle, they make me walk funny too, I look like I got a corncob up my butt.

Try Lane Bryant. They seem to be more cut for "woman" shapes and also come in short, regular and long. You may pay a bit more but they were the most comfy jean I have ever had.

Kohl's and JcPenney would be my other suggestions.

Avenue "denim lite" are THE most comfy jeans I've ever owned. I keep buying new pairs in a size down as I lose. They are light weight, stretchy, comfy. Since they stretch they run a tad large so it may be just the right fit in a 14 for you. I wear the "boot cut" with my fave Frye boots and it looks great. You can get them in petite, average and tall lengths too.

(oh and you can buy online and return in store if you want)

You may want to try LandsEnd.com. I was just at their site today, and they offer custom made clothing. They have jeans that start at $54. Relatively pricey compared to Walmart, but those Levi's make them look like a steal! :)

I also ordered a pair of "trouser jeans" today. They're supposed to have some stretch, and they sit a little lower on the waist. Most jeans come up to a few inches below my bra, so I have high hopes that these will work better. If I really like them I'll post back and let you guys know.

Lane Bryant size 14 petite stretch bootleg jeans-- AWESOME, especially if you are short, which I am as well (although I do buy the average, cause I like the draggy long pant look, I'm 5' 4 3/4"). This paticular jean style is "low waisted", but on me, it hits my waist. They are constantly having sales online, so check it out. And the cool thing is, 14 is the SMALLEST size they make in pants! This is the first time I've shopped in a store and had to find the smallest of ANYTHING! Good luck. These jeans are super fresh--I'm sure you'll LOVE them!

Love, Love LOVE the Land's End Custom fit service for jeans. Of course, now I'm going to have to go back and order more, since I've 'under grown' my last pair. Oh Well :(

Pat~ I'm only 5'0 tall and I actually found a pair of flair/boot cut jeans the other day at Jcpenny's that fits perfectly in length and size(I'M SO EXCITED THEY WERE 16'S) They are called MIX IT Jeans!! Cute and stylish... they are usually like 40$... but they had them on sale for 26$. I always look for pants that say (short length because petite is always still to long!!