Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Notorious Novembers 1 Year Bandaversarry

Well at lot of us our coming upon our 1 year since we got the band would love to hear how everyone is doing. I see the Dr for my 1 yr appt on November 14th. According to my scale I am currently down 72 lbs. The past year has had its ups and downs but overall I am happy with my Band. I still have about 50lbs to go but am still losing. I Have not had a single month where I have not lost anything so that is really good I hope I can keep that up until I reach my goal weight. I have really been slacking on the excersice for the past month but am working getting back on track with that as well. Would love to hear from everyon else and will update you more after I meet with the Dr.

I am so close to "ONEderland" it isn't funny!!

Happy Bandaversary everybody! I celebrated mine on November 4th, and had my appointment that day too. I haven't made much progress in the recent months, but recognize that is my own fault. I am slack on my exercise and have a bad addiction to strawberried-peanut-butter M&Ms of late. lol I am happy to say though that I have not put weight back on...just haven't progressed losing more.

I am happy though because I am healthier now than I was a year ago. I can run up the stairs. I feel good in my clothing. I'm confident I will continue to lose weight and not put any back on.

I did have many ups and downs -- once was too tight and had to let some out.... dealt with some irritated stomach and reflux for a while too that had me sick often, but Prilosec and eating more carefully have helped me keep the vomiting under control.

It's been good. Looking back, I would still do this again, otherwise a year would have passed, and I'd be just as heavy as I used to be. Thanks everybody for your strength and support. I wish you all much more success during Year 2!!

Edited by SunnyRachel

I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but I've really had a hard time this year with head hunger. I did well for the first few months. Then by March I was so stressed over planning my wedding that I slacked off and just maintained. After the wedding (in May) I was so happy that I didn't care about the weight so didn't bother to follow the rules. Now I have gained back 12 pounds after a 48 pound loss. I've gotten to the point where I have spit up several times in the past few weeks. I'm afraid that my band may have slipped or will slip if I continue down this road.

I'm really disgusted with myself for going through this whole process and then not doing what I have to do to make it work. I'm depressed because I just read that 40% of bandsters "fail".

Reading that some people are having success and are HAPPY with their bands gives me a little hope. I'm starting the 5 Day Pouch Test today. I hate to say it, but I'm not feeling super confident that I will be able to last the entire 5 days. I guess it's because I have often regained that exuberance over a new start and then lost it after just a few days.

Taking it one day at a time is all that can be done at this point. (Right now I feel like crying.)

I apologize again for such a downer post. I'm hoping for the same support that you have all given me in the past when I've come back like this.

Congratulations to you that have had such success! I'm not jealous, just baffled at how you have done it. Maybe I'm just not like you guys, after all.:wink2:

I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but I've really had a hard time this year with head hunger. I did well for the first few months. Then by March I was so stressed over planning my wedding that I slacked off and just maintained. After the wedding (in May) I was so happy that I didn't care about the weight so didn't bother to follow the rules. Now I have gained back 12 pounds after a 48 pound loss. I've gotten to the point where I have spit up several times in the past few weeks. I'm afraid that my band may have slipped or will slip if I continue down this road.

I'm really disgusted with myself for going through this whole process and then not doing what I have to do to make it work. I'm depressed because I just read that 40% of bandsters "fail".

Reading that some people are having success and are HAPPY with their bands gives me a little hope. I'm starting the 5 Day Pouch Test today. I hate to say it, but I'm not feeling super confident that I will be able to last the entire 5 days. I guess it's because I have often regained that exuberance over a new start and then lost it after just a few days.

Taking it one day at a time is all that can be done at this point. (Right now I feel like crying.)

I apologize again for such a downer post. I'm hoping for the same support that you have all given me in the past when I've come back like this.

Congratulations to you that have had such success! I'm not jealous, just baffled at how you have done it. Maybe I'm just not like you guys, after all.:thumbup:

Hey don't beat yourself up over it. It probably took me 10 months to "manage" my head hunger and I was miserable and "bitchy", for that 10 months :)

For me I HAD to go a little tighter with my band. I eat very small amounts over 20 mins. and that is what I needed. I was too tight for a while and but I only got a defill of 0.5 at the time to get some food down. Some days I am too tight but I drink something warm..slowly, and then I can eat small amounts. This has worked for me, I couldn't have done it otherwise. Some might say I am too tight but whatever! I don't feel like eating usually, I force myself to for obv reasons. I am not telling you to do this, I am just telling you that I know your frustration and where your coming from.

My "bitchiness" is gone and I have way more energy and yes I am taking supplements and Protein for all the negative posters that will probably be posting.

I hope it gets better for you.

Since pre op until now I have lost 89lbs.

Hey don't beat yourself up over it. It probably took me 10 months to "manage" my head hunger and I was miserable and "bitchy", for that 10 months :thumbup:

For me I HAD to go a little tighter with my band. I eat very small amounts over 20 mins. and that is what I needed. I was too tight for a while and but I only got a defill of 0.5 at the time to get some food down. Some days I am too tight but I drink something warm..slowly, and then I can eat small amounts. This has worked for me, I couldn't have done it otherwise. Some might say I am too tight but whatever! I don't feel like eating usually, I force myself to for obv reasons. I am not telling you to do this, I am just telling you that I know your frustration and where your coming from.

My "bitchiness" is gone and I have way more energy and yes I am taking supplements and Protein for all the negative posters that will probably be posting.

I hope it gets better for you.

Since pre op until now I have lost 89lbs.

Thanks, canadiangirl, you have amazing tenacity! I just don't think I have it in me, but I'm definitely going to remember what you said you've gone through. When I feel sorry for myself because of my weight, I'll remember there is a way to lose it!

One year as of this past Saturday. Down 62 pounds, wearing a size 14 petite in pants, a size 10 or 12 in dresses, look and feel fantastic and no regrets. It wasn't easy and still isn't. Girl loves to eat. :biggrin: But the band helps me keep it in perspective. Its been a slow loss, my skin is recovering nicely and I feel great. Getting married next month in a street size 12 wedding dress. My all time highest I was a size 28, so it feels pretty svelt to me.

I am thankful I had my surgery. If I ever have complications from the band I will revise to a sleeve or RYGB, no question about it.

Getting married next month in a street size 12 wedding dress. My all time highest I was a size 28, so it feels pretty svelt to me.

Congratulations on your marriage AND on your weight loss/health gain!