Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

not losing anymore :(

hey guys, i was banded 2 weeks ago and lost 5kg in the first week and 7kg in the pre op diet - since the start of the second week i have not lost any (well gained and lost about 300grams) has this happend to anyone else? i am starting to get a little depressed with myself because im trying so hard and yet again like all the other diets it hasn't worked. :)

hope you can send me some advice?

cheers

Megsy

Don't get down. Take some time and read through the old posts on this forum. I pretty much spent weeks both before and after surgery digging through them! I can't tell you how helpful all of the older posts were.

The time between surgery and your first fill is for your body to heal. You just went through a serious shock for your system. Most folks consider it a bonus to drop pounds during this time period.

Your goal right now is not to loose weight (though I know you're probably anxious to do so, as most folks are!). Your goal is to heal and let your body mend so you can use your band properly in the future.

Follow your surgeons guidelines on eating and moving around and don't panic about the weight. Honestly, it'll start dropping soon.

OH Megsy....You are just a "band baby" WAAAAY too soon to start worrying about not losing. You are healing right now. You body is going through a radical adjustment right nowand most likely it thinks you are starving it so it's gonna hold onto everything it can. Make sure you are taking in fluids and following your doctors protocals. Give your body some time to adjust and you will start seeing changes, this is a game of patience.

Best of luck to you!

I'm going through the same thing and everyone... board members, docs, nurses and my nutritionist say this is perfectly normal, though the end of last week i just wanted to cry... so right now I am following plan and enjoying that everything I put on that I was wearing before surgery feels loose! It will happen.

Believe me, lots of us are going through this right now. I'm 2 weeks post op as well and even talked to my nutrionist about this! She said most don't lose too much during this time, as we're just healing as everyone else here has said. She said it will happen, but I have to be patient. (Yeah, right, like it didn't take patience to get us this far?)

Hang in there and good luck. Hopefully we'll start seeing the numbers drop on the scale soon. In the meantime, stay away from it LOL!

Your body goes through starvation mode after so many days. The first weeks you will lose because most of that is Fluid. You will start losing again. Just remember this is not a get thin quick thing. You aren't going to be thin over night like most of us want to be. It's better to lose the weight slower. It's healthier and easier on your body.

Juliansmom is right - we are all going thru it. I have stopped losing as well. But the almost 20 l lost during the past couple of weeks is helping me feel good since my clothes are so loose... I love the compliments I am getting ... everyone is right - we are not supposed to be losing much now - we are supposed to be healing ... the weight loss will come in a month or so once we get our first fills :drool: Good luck to everyone!