Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post-ops on Pureed Stage

Hi there,

Quick question for the post-oppers on pureed foods: how long between "meals" are you going? I don't know if there is an ideal time or not, but I am finding I'm not staying full too long....

Hi There,

I was banded on 10/21, and I am on the pureed food

stage as well. I feel the same as you. I'm starting to get

hungrier between meals. It's a little scary because I won't

be able to get a fill until next month.

Hello there ladies! I was banded on 10/20 and will be moving to pureed food on Wed. 11/4. I too am getting hungrier and hungrier! I do have 4cc's in my band, as told to me by my surgeon. I do not know when I will get another fill.

I have lost approx. 8lbs in 2 weeks. It will be 2 weeks tomorrow.

How much, if any have you lost????

Is there any fill in your band? Are you experiencing any Bandster Hell? Hungary feelings???? Any of you cheat on your diets???

I was banded on 10/13 - my first fill is Nov 16th,

I am on mushie foods right now --

I drink a protien shake at work in the morning and it takes me about 45 min because of my work but it makes me full longer i start at 8 or 9.

lunch is at noon - i have 1/4 cottage cheese and either 2tbs hummus of 1/4 deviled ham - i am also allowed plain low fat crackers at this point so with the deviled ham or hummus i have 5 fat free saltines.. that keep be satisfied until dinner which is at 5 or 6.

I stay full by drinking Water all day at work - if i dont i end up dehydrated... week three and im still not all that hungry - i would say dinner is when i am the hungriest and even then its not starvation feeling. but i keep my amounts the same through out the day and no meal other than shake equals more than 3/4 of everything put together.

Ive lost 20 so far.

Ps- definitely no cheating -- i didnt go through surgery and shell out 500 bucks for my portion of the surgery to screw it up by cheating,, plus almost all my friends and co-workers know i had it so that helps keep you honest lol

Whillow-That's great! Glad to see someone succeed. Pass on some of that will power to me! I need all the help I can get. I have a mini goal.... I want to 15 more lbs by Dec 10. Does that sound realistic????

I know what you mean! I was banded 10/16 and on the mushies stage too. Let me be honest- I have “cheated” I haven’t been weighing my food- but end up with a spoon or two and that’s it! I felt the hunger a lot in week two when all I could really have were the shakes and Jello so I know what you mean. Week 1 was the best I could barely take anything in. I don’t have a fill right now but I was told that after the fill the goal is to have the same level of satiety in week one which would be amazing. I have lost 13 since surgery. I’ve heard of people that lost 40 but they must not have “cheated” I eat Proteins but “puree” them in my mouth before I swallow. If I feel int’s unpurreeable, I spit it out. I think you’ll do better after your fill. Hang in there.

When I was in pureed food I wasn't staying full for more than 2-3 hours, so when i ate, I only ate until I felt full and if I needed to eat between meals, then I finished the food I had started earlier. Purreed foods go through the band faster. As I have moved into denser foods I am def. staying fuller longer.

I lost 20 pounds in the first 2 weeks and the last week and a half have kind of stalled despite eating 700-1000 calories a day and trying really hard to limit carb intake. They said that's normal though... hoping it will pick back up one of these days... I don't get a fill until Nov 18.

I just have to keep telling myself that the first 6 weeks is about the healing and the reprocessing of the food side of my brain. Then the real weight loss begins!

Wow, I'm jealous of you at the pureed stage, even with problems. I was banded on 10/29/09 and am on Clear Liquids only + 1 bottle of Ensure in 4-2oz portions for the first two weeks. I'll be ready for food that needs to be weighed instead of poured.

i was banded 10/13 and am on pureed. but my doctor told me if i can cut it with a fork i can have it. so far i have done pretty well. but i haven't had a fill yet, not till 12/3!!!!! i get hungry between and have a popcicle. my worst time is nite time. but so far popcicles are my savior. good luck to you all. happy losing!

I was banded on 10/23. This is the sample menu that I go by that my nutritionist gave me. She also made my protien shakes 8oz instead of 4oz because I told her that I was hungry inbetween. She said however that I have to sip it really slow.

8am - Breakfast

10am - Protein shake

12 - lunch

2PM - Protein Shake

6pm - dinner

8pm - Protein Shake

This helps me. I learned that if I try and eat at the same time everyday it helps. Plus you have your fluids inbetween all of that.