Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Having Another Bad Day, Please Help!

I am SO glad I had this surgery, but Im losing everything that was important to me. I finally realized that my 18th b-day is coming up (on 24th) and I have NOTHING special planned. I feel like such a loser. I cant have a party because no one will come because a.)they dont know me NEmore and b.)they cant have their alcohol. I am having a family party and I am going shopping 2morro, but I do that every year. Im going to be 18 and I dont even have anyone to go out and Celebrate (teenage fun) with. My ex and I (when we were dating) were going to go out to a couple of clubs and stuff, but now hes gone out of my life (by my choice). Now I feel horrible because I have nothing special to do. I want to go out and have a great time, but none of my other few friends are old enuff to go out. I just dont know what to do. I dont know why I let myself get so fat in the first place, I feel like crap right now, not to mention I havent taken my meds since I had surgery because my doc said no more pills unless crushed and my med can not be crushed. I am allergic to the other medications that are out there, so I have had to learn to "deal" and Im not doing a very good job. I need a little support and ideas to make this special. God, I just want to be normal for once. I just dont want to spend another b-day hanging with my mom, when Im turning 18, a legal adult. I want to be a teenager, and now my times up. in 10 days I will be an adult and face more adult decisions and its hard when I havent even had options as a teenager. I am just having a pity party and need some help please!!!!!!!!???????????????

You probably feel crappy cause you went "cold turkey" off your meds. What med is it that can't be crushed? There must be an alternative that can. Check this out with your doc. Be happy that you have started your 18th year off on the right track by having this surgery. Think of all that there is ahead of you!

I cant take Welbutrin anymore, I tried 2 or 3 anti-depressants before I found Welbutrin and I had bad reactions to them, I have taken so much medication over the years that I has already messed my tummy up and I get incredibly sick. I dunno, I need some help, I need something special.

You can take Wellbutrin you just have to have to doc give you a script for the regular Wellbutrin not the SR of XL. I was on Wellbutrin and that's what I did. I broke them in half to take them. You are never supposed to go off anti depressant's without reducing them little by little.

My doc asked me if I was doing okay and I told her yea (this was about a week or so after surgery) and I said yes that I had been off for about 3 weeks to that day and she said to try without and call if I needed the meds. I cant believe I let mylsef get into this state. Needing meds to even have the ability to be happy. I guess I will call Monday. I just wish I could have been thin to begin with, but I suppose there MUST be a reason I have to go through this. Ill tell u this storm (Rita) has really played a toll on my emotions. Im starting to feel a little better, maybe after I get a shot of shopping tomorro Ill feel better, but right now I just feel horrible. My gpa died a year and a half ago and this bday is so special to me and hes not gonna be there and I always thot he would be and I just...ok ok this is why Im on meds. Ill talk to my doc, I think I may have a few other probs besides chronic depression. Im WAY toooo emotional these days.

did I see this right

115 is your goal?

good luck

Yes, but I think I am going to change it to 125. I am not really worried about that number because I will know when I feel healthy enough to stop losing. This is based on BMI charts and my body-type (which is small)

Hang in there if you have to go out,ask your mom,may sound funny but if its that big of deal GO out! spend some money on your self.......Im a guy and I, enjoy shopping,because I have a smoken body (hehehehe) I wish that you have a nice day and relax nothing good come,s from stress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

go out and have a nice dinner/if you have to have a drink pick some thing up and go home at least you won,t be drink and driving,and you will be safe.....

well youngone! what ever you do I, hope you have a nice day.....life will get better real soon you will start to losing weight and then you will start feeling better about your self and self image....you sound a little depressed too!

set up some small goal,s that you no you can do,and then they will get easyer and easyer pretty soon your walking. also do alittle exercise too!

that will help you sleep better and clear your mind a bit,

Good luck. JohnQ

Hi Jodie,

I'm sorry that you're not feeling well... For me, getting banded has been one of the most stressful and emotional experiences of my life. I've never been on an anti-depressant, but I would think that right after banding is NOT the time to stop taking them. Don't beat yourself up about this! You've taken a huge positive step, but you can't change everything overnight.

Take care, and feel better soon!

Thanks jqpublic. I needed that, it made me smile a bit, and it didnt hurt. Maybe I can sleep now that we FINALLY have electricty (a month later). I still feel a little crappy, but maybe I can get to feeling better, but damn it Im having an awesome 21 party lol. Sometimes being older than everyone else SUCKS!

Big hugs going out to you Jodie! I don't have any wonderfully lofty words of wisdom, but I want you to know that I care and am here.

I had an odd time of it during my teenage years, and I hate to see anyone else be in that same place. Just try to look at it as.....you have 2 more years as a teenager (until you turn 20), so that's quite a while to make the most of being a teenager.

I have faith in you and know that you will do wonderfully!!! And psssst....guess what? It gets even better during your 20's!!! You have SO much to look forward to!!!

Bless you!

I'm so sorry that you've been feeling bummed. Please talk to you dr for an alternitive to the Wel that you can take. For your birthday, you and a good friend or mom should go out for a fabulous spa day! Massage, mani & pedi....and you know they won't feed you icky things..and it would just be relaxing and enjoyable! Afterwards, some shopping and stop somewhere for a yummy drink! Oh yeah, and more shopping!

Jodie, you have come so far since you first started posting here. Celebrate every day. Find a way to make this birthday special. I was pretty bummed around my 46th birthday so I decided to buy myself 46 presents - I ran out of things at 23 but it was cool to try. Its just a good idea to make most of them low dollar items.

The spa thing sounds cool. That always makes me feel better about myself.

I know you have been struggling since the hurricane so maybe you and your mom and any other people you can find around should throw yourself a New Orleans birthday party - make some hurricanes, play jazz cds, have a cake with something baked inside, etc.

I know it seems overwhelming right now but you will get through this bump in the road. Good luck and happy early birthday. Celeste

Thanks ya'll. I went shopping today and got some Dolce and Gabanna sunglasses, Louis Vouiton purse, and some perfume along with swarvarsky crystal jewelry. All in all it made me feel better, but I got SOOOOOOO sick today. Sometimes I get so sick I could throw up and then I dont need to and get something worse (like having a short-term stomach bug). It HURTS sooooooo bad in my real stomach and in my lower stomach and I was crying. But within an hour I was feeling much better and went to buy all my goodies that I got today. Im spoiled and loved lol!!! I had a pretty expensive b-day if you add in the surgery lol. I feel better now, how many ppl get a Louis Vouiton Bag and Dolce and Gabanna sunglasses right?