Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Halloween Candy House of Horror

Halloween candy is EVIL, I tell you, EVIL! I got in to some candy, and 5 miniature chocolate bars later, I feel horrible. It's a good thing I worked out extra hard today, cuz the guilt is killing me more than the chocolate probably will. Next year, I WILL NOT BUY CANDY THAT I LIKE!

Tomorrow is another day, and the leftover chocolate will go to work with my husband. My kids have been instructed to hide their candy in their rooms!

I am currently waiting for my first fill, so I am in what is known as "bandster hell"--not the best place to be with a HUGE bowl of miniature candy cars on your lap! But I passed out all the candy and pawned the leftover cupcakes on the neighbors. Now there are no treats in the house, adn I've talked my boyfriend into going on a long hike tomorrow to try out my new hiking boots. Tomorrow is a new day, and I only have 5 more days until I get a much needed fill!

All my children & g/children are grown. I went to our church that was having "trunk-a-trick" for the kiddies. I purchased a huge bag of peppermints & tootie rolls. I don't usually eat either. I managed to give almost all of it away. When I got home, I told my mother (she's 89) and my hubby to hide it in their stash of Snacks just in case I developed a "need" for candy that I don't even eat.

I figure that if I can't get thru Halloween w/o blowing it, how on earth am I am going to manage T'givings and Christmas holidays. This is a test to myself.

Well you all have a whole lot more strength than me. I'm sitting here, reading this thread, eating half my daughter's candy, thinking to my self with each piece "Milky Way, i'm going to miss you next year", "3 Musketeers, I'm going to miss you next year" and "Reese Cup, I think I'm miss you most of all." But I'm using the excuse that I'm not banded yet, so I can grieve the loss of future Halloween raids now. Right? Hey, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Abby

Once I got my surgery date I started to say goodbye to all the food I love. I forgot about candy. I am in bandster hell, eagerly waiting for my first fill. I have to admit I did have a bit of a Reeses (hey its soft) and I had a jolly rancher but got rid of it before it got to small.

Next big challenge is Thanksgiving!

1. Well I survived the holloween party, I did avoid all candy like the plauge. I did allow myself to have 1 small bite of cake and found it to be very sweet almost too sweet. I did have 4 cocktails, but when it came to the food I managed to get by just eating a couple meatballs (that where fantastic). Tonight we went to dinner @ my Brother in laws and they served chicken enchiladas and Beans, I think I did pretty good there, but I did have a margarita there too. Better stay away from the drinks for a while, they seem to go down waaay to easy.

I am trying soooo hard to be good .. So far this week, I have had one DARK chocolate M&M that DH smooshed between 2 spoons for me .

Yesterday I met my true love again. PIZZA- Tore half of the crust off and threw it away and then put the rest in a mini processor and ate about 1/2 of it.

I am still on mushies.. Jello, pudding, Soup, mashed potatoes and cajun meatloaf.. Of course the meatlove went in the mini processor too.

Can't wait to step on the scale angain friday and see what is going on.. I only weigh myself on Fridays.

After eating a snack size Snickers, a Mini-twix, a bite-size Snickers fudge and a mini-100 Grand bar yesterday, :) I managed to sneak the trick or treat bags away from my 5 and 3 year old and dumped more than half into a bag for my husband to take to work. That helps. I only have a medium-size bowl left and I informed the kids that I put their bags together to make it "easier" to find the candy they wanted.

I bought mini-pretzel bags to hand out on Halloween, so no trouble there, and day by day that bowl will get smaller because it will go to work with hubby or end up in the trash--I also put it on top of the fridge so that they "forget" about it...and I'll know it's there, but since I had a binge, I think I'll be OK. I don't even like what I ate--WTF?? I didn't get close to the Reese's PBC because I wouldn't be able to stop at one, so I ate things I only like a little just to satisfy the craving and be able to stop...although it was pretty gross because I wasn't hungry, but I am PMS'ing! :D

My kids range from ages 8 to 17. My 8 yr old was the only one to go trick or treating. I can't lie, I thought I would be able to be strong while trick or treating but the candy was to appealing. It won and I lost. I have had some toostie rolls, and a few bite size crunches. The good new is, while trick or treating, we walked walked and walked. So I only gained a pound. The bad news, I still have a huge bowl of candy left over and I'm the only one home right now. So far today, I have resisted the temptation. It hasn't been easy, but I think I just found a way to not want it. I pulled up a few pics of myself from b4 I had the band and saw how big I was and was disgusted. Think I will blow that pic up and put it on my fridge door will help me to stay away from anything unhealthy.

I bought the half-candy at Target and Walmart. I even bought chocolate because I am WEAK! BUT, I brought it to my teacher meeting today so others could eat it and get it out of my room. I also gave candy to my students, so I DID do some of what I was supposed to do with it. On the otherhand, I did consume 4 mini pb pumpkins at 90 calories each! I stand by my earlier statement. It is Satan's candy.:)

On the otherhand, I did consume 4 mini pb pumpkins at 90 calories each! I stand by my earlier statement. It is Satan's candy.< /p>

Based on popular opinion on this thread, I think we can amend Lupe's great siggy quote

"Nothing tastes as GOOD as Thin feels"

to:

"Reese's Pumpkins taste as GOOD as Thin feels"

:)

I was watching a friend's little baby on Halloween. I'm from Philly, and so after about 7:30 on Halloween, no one was coming by because everyone retreated indoors to watch the game. Anyways, point is, I definitely had *a few* (or more) miniatures. Luckily, there were no reeses pb cups (it seems like we are all addicted to them...glad its not just me).

However, and this is gonna sound pathetic, I got strep throat. It started on Halloween morning. So on Saturday I really didn't eat anything, Sunday I ate NOTHING, and today, I just had some Soup for the first time tonite. So I actually have lost a pound and a half. I'm not happy that I got strep throat (because the pain in my throat is making me want to kill myself), but I'm kind of happy that I lost and didn't gain this Halloween. :)

I went through the discount candy aisle today at target... hungry and starting my special time of the month so the URGE was insane... I forced myself to look at calories, fat and carbs and opted for little packs of rainsinet... 3 packs is a serving, so if I stick to one the affect is minimal and I still get the chocolate flavor. Who knew a raisinet would ever taste this good!?!!?