Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

what else can i drink

Hi, I'm 9 weeks post-op. I've lost 36 lbs so far. I was wondering what else can I drink? I've done crystal lite with Water, water, and more water. Is there anything else out there that can count as a water or maybe just have a couple of ounces. Feeling like I just need a different taste. :thumbup:

I drink some iced tea, artifically sweetened. You can add a sqeeze of lemon or lime (my favorite) or even just a tiny bit of fruit juice to jazz it up. Or brew it with some peach slices added even.

I like Water, so I don't have a lot of suggestions....

I like diet green tea and white tea made by Turkey Hill. Lipton also makes it, and I like it too, but just not as much. I like the flavored waters too. I try to limit these types of drinks as much as possible and stick to plain Water, but sometimes, I just want something with some flavor. As it's getting colder, I drink hot green tea and low fat hot chocolate. Another nice pick me up is simply adding a few lemon slices to ice water.

I was wondering about the diet teas by Lipton. Was just not sure if it was allowed. Didn't even think about the low fat hot choc. Thanks and bottoms up! :thumbup:

Now that it is chilly, I drink mostly Hot Drinks. I buy Alpine Spiced Cider mix and Walmart. 15 cals. I do mix with 16oz of boiling Water instead of 8. Do not like things too sweet.

Also, Swiss Miss or Nestles hot cocoa mix. I use 16oz prepared coffee, the mix and 1 tbls of Divinvi or Torini SF syrup...caramel or hazelnut.

I make Lipton tea in a pitcher outside (suntea). I dont use artificial sweeteners or any high fructose corn Syrup. I use Agave nectar because it dissolves in quick. I guess it has a low glycemic index but I dont care about that. If you want to go drastically different I bring the spicy V8 in the morning and it even has some Protein in it.

There's two additives in the artificially sweetened drinks that concern me a little, but not enough to stop drinking them altogether. Of course, the artificially sweetener and the other is benzoate. Those additives are probably not the greatest things to be putting our bodies, but sometimes nothing else is going to hit the spot.

where do you get the SF syrups.< /p>

sugar free Kool-Aid. There aren't a ton of options but I think they are better flavors than Crystal Light.

Brewed tea over ice (iced tea)...one of my fave's is a mango tea. It's very tropical and naturally sweet tasting - without the sugar.

Seriously, what's wrong with sugar? Unless you are spooning it into your mouth from the sugar bowl, the few calories in it are way better than the chemically manufactured stuff...you wouldnt give it to kids so why give it to yourself?

starbucks have the big bottles of sugarfree syrups.for around $6.00.or check Walmart, sometimes they have them.an any other supermarket,just ask the clerk or manager.

freshly brewed ice tea mixed with crystal light lemonade. yummy yummy!

where do you get the SF syrups.< /div>

World Market carries them where I live.

I have found sugar-free syrups also at TJ Maxx or Marshall's.

I drink Diet Ocean Spray juice/drink (5 calories per 8 oz). Comes in a 64 oz bottle for about $2.00 at Walmart. Cranberry, Blueberry, Grape, Pomegranate. Pretty close to drinking regular juice.

I took about 3 sips of Diet Coke the other night because for some reason I had a yearn for it - but after all the burping it caused me, it really wasn't worth it. But sometimes I do miss the lack of choices.