Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am having a moment and just need to vent. I was banded last Tuesday (10/20) & am finally feeling better today. The post-op gas was a killer! I feel like I am going to bust if I have to have anymore liquid! I know that this is temporary and for good reason but I just feel so alone in this part of the journey! It's not that I'm hungry because, really, I'm not. I just feel like I will never have a meal with my family again!

I am having moments that I question my decision. I'm sure this will all pass. To top it all off I found out today that a family member slipped and told others about my banding!! :thumbup: It's not that I was going to keep it secret forever but I just would like to get used to it myself before I answer dozens of questions about it. I still have so many myself!

Hi Heather,

I was banded on 10/16, in Mexico, and while I felt good pretty much right away, it has been hard being back, and dealing with family meals.

We went out on Friday, and i just sat there, drinking water... not the end of the world, but weird.

I have not told many people about my surgery, so I can relate to how hare that would be, if someone "outed" me, against my wishes.

I would love a buddy to get through this with, so feel free to pm me if you like.

I hope you feel better soon.

Heidi

Hi Heather! Can I join your pity party???

Okay, so I know exactly how you feel. I just blew it in a major way. I'm sure I will pay for it shortly. I was banded last Tuesday, 10/20 too! and I can't believe someone else is having the exact same feelings as me at the same damn time. Sad for you but glad to see I am not the only one!

I just went downstairs to feel my baby and sit with the family while they ate, carne asada, chicken wings from the grill, rice and beans... and I planned to eat my Cream of Broccoli Soup when I got hungary.

Unfortunately, I was hungary and tasted the carne asada...Why did I do that???? I said I am hungary. I took out a 2oz container and filled it with rice, Beans and carne asada...and AND I ATE IT!!!! I am so scared now. I am mad at myself!!!! I hope I make it through this okay and free of pain.

I know exactly how you feel regarding telling others. Have you spoken to that family member and did they know that it wasn't to be told...and that you were not telling everybody??? That is so foul! You have every right to be upset. I would be too. I have a co-worker who can't hold Water. If you don't want others to know...You better not tell her....Shit! Excuse my french.

How are you now? You can always send me a private messege and we can keep in touch with each others progress. I think I need a buddy too. Maybe it will help us to stay on track....:thumbup:

Heather, I just noticed that we are about the same in everything.

My highest weight was 255...At the start of me enrolling in the Bariatric program.

I am 5'5, highest wt. 255, surgery day I was 219.5....Yesterday, I was 217. My goal is 150 too. We will probably lose at the same rate. That is if I can stop being a dummy and follow the program.

I love pity party's... I'll bring the margarita's... You will be eating with your family in no time so don't you worry... You are having buyers remorse... I had it also, and I had three people in my house have the band surgery within a week of each other... so don't dispare! Your next pity party will be that you can eat what ever you want, you are starving and why the hell did you do this if you are going to be starving and can eat what you want anyway! I will bring pina colada's for that party! That my friend is bandster hell...Then you will get your first fill and wonder if what your filling is correct, the restriction will last awhile and then you will need another fill and then you will start feeling like this thing is doing the what it is supposed to...You will have good and bad days, just go with the flow and don't beat yourself up... Best thing to keep your mood up that I have discovered is exercise... I guess it's that whole endorphine thing.

So you just have your pity party's that is what we do and before you know you will be having a real pool party in your new bathing suit next summer!

Hang in there sista...its all part of the ride. :thumbup: Promise it get's better. I was in the pity pool last week for about 4 days... Just start a blog and you can vent and whine and complain all you want!

We all need a pity party now and then and we need people to join us , so we know we are not alone .

I was banded Oct15.. So far the WORST thing I have done is had 1 tablesoon of scrambled egg today. Dh put it in the food processor for me .. I think the biggest thing we are missing is the family interaction and 2nd biggest of all TEXTURE. I want different textures .. Not Water , juice and broth .. Believe it or not , but that atble spoon of scrambled egg made my day much better. I do not intened to do it again tomorrow , but it was a nice treat.

hang in there, we will ALL be better for what we are doing .

Hey Pity Party guests, glad to know we're not alone, eh? I was banded on 10/19 and I get to start mushies tomorrow. Can't wait -- might be the texture thing. I, too, was feeling like I have isolated myself to a life of sipping my meals and not enjoying food like I used to, but then again, that is how I got to this point. I really don't want my life to revolve around food any more! But holy crap, have you noticed how many commercials are about food? I can't wait to get back to work tomorrow and not just veg in front of the TV torturing myself watching the Food Channel. Hang in there everyone...I'm going to start adding a walking program to my routine. My dogs will love me for it!

Oh, yeah, I've kept this a secret from everyone except my husband. So, if it gets out, I know exactly who to blame ;-)

I was banded on 10-15-09 and too is feeling alone. Its been the toughest 10 days in my life. I just started to feel alot better and made dinner for my hubby and kids. The only thing I have done is taste the sauce on my tounge to make sure its to taste. I have been good with my diet just very emotional and crying all the time. I went with my hubby today today a bar to watch the raiders game on tv and had Soup and Water while he had Pull Pork sandwiches. Oh it looked so good! But I am just very emotional at this point. We will all get through this and it will get easier everyday. Tommorrow I am going to be back at work. Im scared but I will just go home on lunch and drink my shakes. Have a good day everyone!!!

I love a good pity party! I was banded Oct.6th, and I'm now venturing in to a wider variety of foods, so I'm feeling a little better about things. So far no problems, but I've been very careful about what I eat.

I had a huge case of "oh my god what did I do to myself???" that first week post op. I even had a few all out panic attacks where I almost convinced myself that I needed to get this thing out of me!! It's not like I didn't know what I was getting myself in to. I researched it, worked for it, planned for it, and wished for it for about 3 years before I did it. I know it's safe. I know it's effective. I guess the reality just doesn't really hit home until after the surgery, and you realize that there are no more excuses, and if you cheat it's going to hurt.

I'm doing much better now. I've lost 25 lbs, and my doctor already took me off of one of my blood pressure meds. That's what this is all about...health. I remind myself daily that I have to keep my eye on the prize!

Hi fellow pity partiers... I had my surgery on 10/23, everything went well, but the shoulder pain and the heartburn and gas are killing me! I too feel like an idiot for doing this to myself. I wish the doctor would have told me more about the surgery and the aftermath, but now hindsight is 20/20.On the other side, my belly is almost all gone, wow! My mom is supporting me and says that this shall pass in time. My post-op appt is this wednesday, hopefully they can help me with the gas issue.

About the food, I've been having Protein Shakes, Optifast, water... but today I had a little bit of mashed potatoes, it made my stomach feel better, no nausea or anything, so it was good.

Hang in there!

To top it all off I found out today that a family member slipped and told others about my banding!! :wink2: It's not that I was going to keep it secret forever but I just would like to get used to it myself before I answer dozens of questions about it. I still have so many myself!

I have people calling me left, right and centre apparently all aware of my banding. Strange... I never told any of these people. It appears my mother has a very large mouth and is telling the whole world. The damage is done, they can't unknow the thing. All you can do is let it go. And maybe strangle my mother.:cryin:

Phew!! It's good to hear from people in the same boat!! Today was a better day! I went back to work & 3 people noticed that my pants were baggy! Now I remember why I did this! I too knew fully what I was getting myself into but breaking up with food is hard to do! Truly I have realized our love affair is over & I am now going to 'eat to live not live to eat'! It feels so much better knowing that I'm not alone! Thanks to everyone who contributed!

Liliana, I too had a hard time with the gas & it didn't get better until 5 days post-op. Today I ALMOST felt normal!! I have an appt on Wednesday too. Barium swallow & then to see the doc. Maybe, just maybe, he'll let me move on to mushies!!! (fingers & toes crossed!!!):hurt:

As far as buddies go....I would LOVE to have others to share this long & winding road with but I'm a dummy with the PMing!:wink2: I can't figure it out! Is there a button somewhere??

All of this has really lightened my load! I feel honored to be in this knee deep with all of you!!

Best wishes & don't forget...WE WILL DO THIS!!!:cryin:

(just love these little faces! Can you tell? lol)

Hi Heather, Heidi and all!

Yes, we are going to do this!!! We have no choice. There is no turning back now!

I went to my ob/gyn today and I was weighted. I have lost 6.9lbs since last Tuesday. I have to admit...I am not doing the no sugar thing. I have been eating regular Jello, not sugar free. Today, I had regular cream of broccoli, not no/low or fat free. I have to have something. However, I am still losing weight!

We will all have to give up our love affair with food and love someone else....Hey, how about ourselves and our new bodies????

Heather is right! We have to learn to eat to live, NOT live to eat!!!!

I know how you feel...it's kind of like that "outsider" feeling I always had in the summer when everyone was shopping for an wearing cute skimpy clothes and I was sweating it out in long pants and tops that covered as much of me as possible. I was banded on 9/18 and I didn't think I'd EVER eat normal food again...my doctor put me back on clears during week 3 b/c I was sick and he didn't know what was wrong. I just went to my first family dinner party. It was for my niece's birthday and my sister made a veggie lasagna and salad w/ice cream cake for dessert. I was pretty nervous about the whole thing but I just ate a little bit of everything and chewed it forever. You know what I'm finding? By the time I've eaten an acceptable amount, I'm sick of the taste and texture of the food no matter how good it is!

Chin up, life gets back to normal...just a better normal!