Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters 2009

I plan on taking a week. That's what my surgeon recommends, so that's what I'm going for.

Hello! I'm new but scheduled for my band on December 3rd. I think several of you have that date as well. I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you.

weight.png

YAY! I'm all approved. My tentative surgery date of December 3rd, is now confirmed! Can't wait for my surgery, but nervous as well. Starting on a new me, exhilarating and nerve wracking at the same time!

There are so many of us December Bandsters now, it's pretty exciting to see so many people going through the same process at the same time. Trying to catch up on all of the posts after vacation and there are a lot of them! A few things I wanted to add my thoughts on:

Thanksgiving - I'll be right in the middle of my liquid diet on Thanksgiving, so I decided to opt out of the trip to my Aunt's house this year and concentrate on me. I'll be stopping over to visit some family friends after they are done eating their meal to have some holiday, but will be working on my diet. I figure missing one holiday is well worth it for good results.

Pre-surgery - I'm liquid for 2 weeks, trying out shakes now - so any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

As I am Dec. 2 I am on my pre-op now but I am just trying to take it 1 day at a time. I find if I think too far ahead I find it overwhelming. I have told very few people of my operation and will wait till they are all remarking on how great I am looking. I am hoping for this to happen by my 60 birthday at the beginning of March.

YAY! I'm all approved. My tentative surgery date of December 3rd, is now confirmed! Can't wait for my surgery, but nervous as well. Starting on a new me, exhilarating and nerve wracking at the same time!

There are so many of us December Bandsters now, it's pretty exciting to see so many people going through the same process at the same time. Trying to catch up on all of the posts after vacation and there are a lot of them! A few things I wanted to add my thoughts on:

Thanksgiving - I'll be right in the middle of my liquid diet on Thanksgiving, so I decided to opt out of the trip to my Aunt's house this year and concentrate on me. I'll be stopping over to visit some family friends after they are done eating their meal to have some holiday, but will be working on my diet. I figure missing one holiday is well worth it for good results.

Pre-surgery - I'm liquid for 2 weeks, trying out shakes now - so any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Hi Tbird best of luck and i will recommend the Premier Protein chocolate shakes they have 30 g. of Protein and only 160 calories. I have 1 in the aAM and 1 for lunch and a lean cuisine for dinner. I also bought some sugar free popsicles for Snacks. I am trying to stay under 750 cal. per day. Just take it one day at a time and keep the picture of a new you in your mind. It is 6 weeks of super willpower from pre- op till solid food but what is 6 weeks in your young life for a whole new you. I am not trying to sound like a pro as i am not banded till the 2 but we all need to support each other as we have a common goal. You:thumbup: go girl!

Karyna - The test you were talking about with the tube is the one I am waiting to be scheduled and not looking forward to. I was told the tube is put up my nose then I have to swallow it down my throat...they will leave it in my stomach for 15-20 min then pull it out and I will be done. But, I asked if I would be put out and the nurse told me NO, I have to be awake during the test?! :w00t: There is no way I will let this test stop me, but man I can't wait to get it done!

This is the exact test I had done. Tube thru my nose, swallow Water with a straw while the tech puts the tube down my throat, continue to drink water and swallow at intervals while she monitors for 30 minutes. Totally awake the whole time... and as soon as I walked out I cried like a baby... :lol:.. it wasn't painful, just extremely uncomfortable.

Goodness Gracious GREAT BALLS OF FIRE!

I do NOT reccomend anyone view the lap-band® surgery on you tube. I have a pretty strong stomach, large too, heh heh, but boy am i queasy. Whew!

I had to stop mid-video. Maybe I'll watch after the surgery.

Anywho, how long are you all taking off from work? I posted a thread a few days ago and have gotten very mixed reviews, some back at work less than a week, some out much longer and glad they waited. So, what are your plans?

From the list, (thanks KarynA) you and I have surgery on the same date, December 7th! Do you have to start a liquid diet? If so for how long? I think I will take that whole week off and should be ready to return to work on the 14th. What about you? I have a desk job, so hopefully I will feel like sitting for hours by then.

Thanks for the answer on the flavored syrups and the shaved ice idea is also a great one. I love to chew ice. What appliance does this shaved ice thing? Let me know.

My doctor's office only requires you lose 10 lbs. by surgery date. He does, however, require we buy a specific shake after surgery. I am used to my EAS protien powder and like it. I thought about just sticking with that one. I might order some of the suggested Optifast. Anyone tried this one?

Thanksgiving presents all kinds of problems for me. I'm not required to do the liquid diet and can eat. I thought about getting out my toddler's plates and utensils and using those. I want to go back to practicing for after the surgery. I kind of laid off of the practicing while I had to quit smoking. Hey! One week today!!! Yeah for me! Anyway, I was practicing portions, chewing, timing, not drinking before, during, and after meals. Then I had to quit. But I need to go back to that.

By the way, the book I'm reading on LB surgery is excellent. I mention it in a previous thread when I was starting the book. Now I'm about finished and it is a must read for all of us. If you can't find the name PM me and I'll give it to you again.

Welcome newcomers!!!

it is called the Ultimate Chopper- Ultimate Chopper™ - Introduction it can be found here, it grates ice to snow texture. My grandson and I eat these all the time and I get some of my DaVincci sugar free syrups at Walmart by the coffee.< /p>

From the list, (thanks KarynA) you and I have surgery on the same date, December 7th! Do you have to start a liquid diet? If so for how long? I think I will take that whole week off and should be ready to return to work on the 14th. What about you? I have a desk job, so hopefully I will feel like sitting for hours by then.

Yay Us!!! - I say that a lot, but I'm SO excited. I have to doa 14 day liquid diet. Not lookng forward to that at all since I'm hosting Thanksgiving this year. But, we do what we must!

I work a desk job as well, Doc says a week, his nurse says 3 days, wth lots of walking. I'll see how I feel on day 3.

I'm a stay at home mom and I won't get any time off! :w00t: My husband is taking the day of surgery off and I hope my mom will come to town to help with the kids for a day or 2. This is my biggest worry but my Dr. said that I can do it!

weight.png

This is the exact test I had done. Tube thru my nose, swallow Water with a straw while the tech puts the tube down my throat, continue to drink water and swallow at intervals while she monitors for 30 minutes. Totally awake the whole time... and as soon as I walked out I cried like a baby... :w00t:.. it wasn't painful, just extremely uncomfortable.

Yeah, I was told it is not painful, but thinking about it over and over in my head I can't help but wonder how it wouldn't be? I'm not looking forward to it :smile: but it is a must! Thanks for the details at least I know what to expect. I keep telling myself this is just a bump in the road to get to where I want to be :lol:

Let's see if my new ticker works...

Congrats on your surgery date being confirmed!!! I understand your excitement!

My doctors office gave me some samples to try for shakes and they are amazing :w00t: Chike Nutrition - Best Tasting Meal Replacement shake. Guaranteed. Pour, Shake, Drink & Go!

You can order samples online of all the flavors & only pay for shipping. My nurse told me that I can use half of the instructed amount of powder when making a shake if I make it with skim milk instead of Water. She said that would give me the extra Protein needed & make the powder last longer. My favorite is the orange, it tastes like an orange dream cycle!! But, they are all good..I think they taste better than any of the other shakes I have tried from the store. I am actually drinking one a day for Breakfast right now because I like them and it will help get me in the routine. If your interested, you can sign up for their email club and get 10% off. Good luck to you :lol:

Let's see if my new ticker works...

It works!!! Congrats on the 7 lbs!:w00t:

I was YAYing too much. My new date is December 9th. I was really hoping for the 7th. I'd gotten all prepared. I'm a little bummed. I know it's only 2 days, but still....