Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any January 2010 Bandsters????

Hi everyone...I've read threw everyones post and figured I would post and say hi too. I have a tentive date of Jan 26th for my surgery. I'm self pay so no waiting on insurance (good but bad :thumbup: I had my sleep study last week and go see the pulmonalogist on Wednesday. If all is well hopefully I won't have to go back for a c-pap. Lab work will be done next week...my primary Dr. wrote the orders for that so my insurance will pay for that and my sleep study.

I went in to see the surgery coordinator this week...have lost 14 pounds so she's setting tentive day Jan 26th if theres no problems w/ test! Yay!

My surgeon wants you to loose 10% of your weigh before surgery....but they said as long as they see you loosing they will schedule the surgery. The diet is basically low carb w/ low fat meat/ Protein. It stinks but I have lost 14 pounds so far...my 10% would be 33 which is going to be tough but she said I'm doing great and as long as I keep loosing they will schedule my surgery (they just want to see that your serious about it I guess).

I have phyche eval and nutrition eval set...as long as I pass them we are good to go! LOL!

Here's my info:

1.What is your current and goal weight? Highest 363 now 319/ goal 180

2.What is your surgery date? Jan 26th, 2010 (tentitive)

3.What is your age? 39

4.Where do you live? Idaho

5.Where are you having surgery? Boise, Idaho St. Alphonsus Hospital

6.Who is your Doctor?? Dr. Brian Anderson

7.Insurance or self-pay? Self pay

8.What was you "deciding factor" for having this surgery?

I've tried so many diets over the years...I've been overweight my whole life it seems. I have been activley trying to loose since 2006...I started at 368 and lost about 40 pounds and just haven't been able to loose anymore since then. I go up and down and I'm sick of it! I've done WW, Jenny Craig, Medifast, Atkins ect...all with the same results. I just want to be able to loose and keep it off. I have a 9 yr old daughter and I want to be there to see her grow up and to be able to take her to Disney Land and fit in the rides!!!

Thanks for listening to my novel...I hope to hear more from everyone...so glad I found you all and this site :mad2:

Edited by shannie83301

AHHHHHH!!!!!! I just got the call for my sleep study, the last appointment before I can get scheduled!! What can I expect for this???

Carmen I just had my sleep study last week and it stinks! They hook you up to about 20 wires mostly on the head, neck, chest and 2 on each leg. They also put in a nasal canula (like when you have oxygen) and a finger probe (to check you oxygen sat) then tell you to go to sleep...ya right!!! It was pretty awful I didn't sleep much. I think I finally fell into a deep sleep around 3am. Then they wake you up about 6 or so. I get my results next week. If I have sleep apnea I have to go back in for another sleep study to titrate the c-pap...hoping I don't have to but not sure. Anyway that is what mine was like. The tech there was super nice and put me at easy...it's just difficult to sleep hooked up like that. Good luck! Christy

I had my sleep study in 2005 and have been using a CPAP every since. I don't like having to use it but when I don't I feel horrible the next day. It is a hard process to go through. I, too, couldn't get to sleep that first time. Now it's hard to NOT fall asleep with the mask. Of course, I am hoping I won't have to use it a year from now but when you find out how often you stop breathing, you realize how badly you need it. I like using it so much now that I traded in my big machine for a small one that fits in my laptop case because I travel so much. I don't know of anyone that has sleep apnea that isn't overweight....does anyone? I sure hope this is something that I can look forward to getting rid of in addition to the weight!

I hope and believe I will be banded in January, IF I can convince myself to go through with it. My insurance has approved me and I have done all appointments except the one with the Surgeon which will be on 12/28. I am 54, diabetic < type II > hypertension, and spinal stenosis.

I think I will end up going through with it but only because of my health issues. If I didnt have the health issues, I think I would back out! I would love to keep in touch with all the January bansters!

I had my sleep study in 2005 and have been using a CPAP every since. I don't like having to use it but when I don't I feel horrible the next day. It is a hard process to go through. I, too, couldn't get to sleep that first time. Now it's hard to NOT fall asleep with the mask. Of course, I am hoping I won't have to use it a year from now but when you find out how often you stop breathing, you realize how badly you need it. I like using it so much now that I traded in my big machine for a small one that fits in my laptop case because I travel so much. I don't know of anyone that has sleep apnea that isn't overweight....does anyone? I sure hope this is something that I can look forward to getting rid of in addition to the weight!

I hope not to be using it for much longer too. I use oxygen with mine. I also have miccro brain arosuals, mine brain wakes up every 15 seconds so my brain was always awake. I still take off the mask at night wile sleeping.

Can u tell me what the name of the small maching is?

Twenty-three more days:thumbup:

Thanks

I know that my surgeon said that 85-90% of obese people have sleep apnea. That is why they my surgeon makes people have the study and get c-pap if they have it before surgery. It can affect how they put you under. So there's a good chance I have it too.

At the siminar I went to the gal that had lost over 100 pounds said after 2 months with the band she was able to get rid of her c-pap. The cure for sleep apnea is accually weight loss. So you should be able to get off the c-pap!!!! :thumbup:

I claim my husband's sleep apena is causing ME sleep apena! :thumbup:

Hello all!!! my surgery is set for Jan 15th 2010!!! woot woot!! after going through all the hoops with BCBS FEP ! i was approved on my birthday dec 9th 2009! what a super awesome present!! im new to lapbandtalk, hope to keep in touch with all the other Jan 2010 bandsters!! many hugs to all of you! Heather

Today my dsil and I were going to Philly. But because of the weather we could not go. I had wanted to use that time to talk to her about my surgery and find out how she felt. We were able to talk. She can't wait for me to be banded. She said if she need to do it she would. And is in agreement 100%.

Thats one. Daughter says shes in the middle.

GoodKnight 420G is the name of my "mini" CPAP!

GoodKnight 420G is the name of my "mini" CPAP!

Thanks for your help

So as January approaches and my pre-op diet approaches I've started getting a little nervous and being nervous makes me eat! HELP!

Hi everyone...I've read threw everyones post and figured I would post and say hi too. I have a tentive date of Jan 26th for my surgery. I'm self pay so no waiting on insurance (good but bad :willy_nilly: I had my sleep study last week and go see the pulmonalogist on Wednesday. If all is well hopefully I won't have to go back for a c-pap. Lab work will be done next week...my primary Dr. wrote the orders for that so my insurance will pay for that and my sleep study.

I went in to see the surgery coordinator this week...have lost 14 pounds so she's setting tentive day Jan 26th if theres no problems w/ test! Yay!

My surgeon wants you to loose 10% of your weigh before surgery....but they said as long as they see you loosing they will schedule the surgery. The diet is basically low carb w/ low fat meat/ Protein. It stinks but I have lost 14 pounds so far...my 10% would be 33 which is going to be tough but she said I'm doing great and as long as I keep loosing they will schedule my surgery (they just want to see that your serious about it I guess).

I have phyche eval and nutrition eval set...as long as I pass them we are good to go! LOL!

Here's my info:

1.What is your current and goal weight? Highest 363 now 319/ goal 180

2.What is your surgery date? Jan 26th, 2010 (tentitive)

3.What is your age? 39

4.Where do you live? Idaho

5.Where are you having surgery? Boise, Idaho St. Alphonsus Hospital

6.Who is your Doctor?? Dr. Brian Anderson

7.Insurance or self-pay? Self pay

8.What was you "deciding factor" for having this surgery?

I've tried so many diets over the years...I've been overweight my whole life it seems. I have been activley trying to loose since 2006...I started at 368 and lost about 40 pounds and just haven't been able to loose anymore since then. I go up and down and I'm sick of it! I've done WW, Jenny Craig, Medifast, Atkins ect...all with the same results. I just want to be able to loose and keep it off. I have a 9 yr old daughter and I want to be there to see her grow up and to be able to take her to Disney Land and fit in the rides!!!

Thanks for listening to my novel...I hope to hear more from everyone...so glad I found you all and this site :unsure:

I am jun 26Th also self pay. It's fast I know I started the process 6 months ago and is almost here. I not doing that good with the changes and diet. I lost only 4 pounds just with exercise I will stared the diet next year..jajaja. Good luck!!!

Hi Christy, so glad you found the web site and have decieded on the lap band. I am scheduled for Jan 4 if I can get rid of the shingles before then. I came down with a bad case the day before Thanksgiving and been battling ever since.

Let's stay in touch. We all need each other's support.

Good Luck

Marge

I'm hoping to be scheduled in January 2010.

I'm still wating on a surgery date. I have jumped through all the hoops and received BCBS approval - just waiting on my surgeon to call me and tell me when it will be.......... I should add, impatiently waiting :willy_nilly:

1.What is your current and goal weight? 280/175

2.What is your surgery date? Not sure yet

3.What is your age? 38

4.Where do you live? Michigan

5.Where are you having surgery? Grand Traverse Surgery

6.Who is your Doctor?? Dr. Nizzi

7.Insurance or self-pay? Insurance ($2400 of it is my cost)

8.What was your "deciding factor" for having this surgery?

My health - High blood pressure, knee pain, joint pain, not being able to do everything I want to.

Life is to short to sit on the sidelines.

I have my date - February 8th. I'll be checking in on the Jan. 2010 posts but will be in the Feb. 2010 group. Good luck to all of you!