Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

looking for a pick me up

everybody seems to be doing better then ol mike here,i lost 20 lbs before my april 6 band job and have lost 20 from there,so thats 40 for the year,that makes me feel pretty happy then i read the other stories and feel like a different kind of looser,i went to get my second fill in july and the nurse dude was kind of a richard so i never went back for my 3rd fill in august ,i do have a appointment for november 1st to get my 3rd fill,i eat 1/3 of what i did in my berore band life,i feel great,but wish i could shake the next 40 ,is anybody just at 30 or 40 down like me? i do enjoy a glass of wine in the evening and i do have cream in my morning coffie ,can this be the reason?

I don't really feel like I have lost as much as others have either and then I've lost more than some may have. My doctor says that I am doing fine and I also know that there are still many things that I could do differently that might speed up the weight lost but I'm ok with the slow and steady. I see a big difference in my clothes and also my energy level. I'm not at my sweet spot yet. Hopefully I will get there soon. I look at it like this, If I had not gotten the band then I would not have lost the weight I have lost and if I did lose it I'm sure I would be gaining it back by now. Just remember the rules and keep doing what you are suppose to be doing I'm sure you will be successful.

"kind of a richard"...it took me 5 min. to puzzle that one out LOL. So there's my 'blondness' to cheer you up.

Here's you're big mistake...you didn't go back for the fill, but I think you already know that. I 'think' I felt a tiny difference with my second fill, but it wasn't until my 3rd fill that really had some restriction (and a 4th small fill to make things perfect). So pat yourself on the back...you've lost 40 pounds all by yourself without any help from the band. Hopefully that next fill will make a difference to you., but if not...keep getting those fills until you do.

I'll also suggest that you use the next several weeks before the fill to take a look at calories and portion sizes of what you're eating now so that it will help you when you get that restriction. I've found it helpful to use a calorie tracking site (I use Fitday) for a week or so, from time to time to check on how I'm really doing (my doc suggests 1000-1200/cals per day and I'm sure your nut/doc gave you some guidelines). As you know it's all about calories in and calories out for any WL...

Best wishes! -BG

"kind of a richard"...it took me 5 min. to puzzle that one out LOL. So there's my 'blondness' to cheer you up.

I'm still trying to figure it out.........finally had to have it explained to me.....

Mike

As you know getting fills is critical, until you get enough fill you are on your own to restrict what you eat. I think most of us who had surgery in April have had 3 or 4 fills by now, my Dr. is conservative how often he will do them and I go for my 4th fill tomorrow.

Get caught up on your fills and make sure you are getting the protien. Are you going to your support meetings?

Edited by JayTee562
Figured out Richard

I'm still trying to figure it out.........finally had to have it explained to me.....

Mike

As you know getting fills is critical, until you get enough fill you are on your own to restrict what you eat. I think most of us who had surgery in April have had 3 or 4 fills by now, my Dr. is conservative how often he will do them and I go for my 4th fill tomorrow.

Get caught up on your fills and make sure you are getting the protien. Are you going to your support meetings?

Didn't get a fill last week since I'm having surgery on 11/6, I'm OK with that just glad they didn't unfill before the surgery.