Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When is enough enough or too much?

I had a 14cc LAP-BAND® installed on May 28th of this year. I have had 2 fills so far for a total of 4 cc’s. I have a cup of Kashi high protein/fiber Cereal with 1 cup of Hood lo carb milk for Breakfast, usually with a few fresh strawberries and blueberries thrown in. I have a cup of coffee around 10:00 with no sugar and no fat half and half. I have no desire to eat anything else in the morning and while I might look lovingly at a donut I am still too full from Breakfast to attempt it. I guess you could say the LAP-BAND® is working in the morning.

For lunch around 1:00 I usually have either a cup of Soup and a salad with a vinegarette dressing , or I heat up a frozen LeanCuisine, and this fills me up. Some days I get too full to even finish my lunch. The problem is that it does not last me much past 3:00 and then I start to look for food to eat. Up until that time I average about 600 calories total for the day. From that point on though my appetite is pretty much what it was before the surgery, with the exception everything is cut up real tiny and chewed to death, and then some.

I can schedule another fill in about a month for another 1cc. My concern is that I already can feel just about everything going through the stoma, and too many times things get real sluggish and occasionally stuck. I am concerned another fill might be too much, and will I be able to eat anything in the morning at all? I would love to feel all day the way I feel up until about 3:00, but the late afternoon and evening grazing is a killer. I have various Fiber bars and Protein shakes and Protein Water to try and fill up but I weary of fight ing this hunger .

I also walk 1-2 miles almost every day , sometimes more weather permitting, and I hit the gym on my off days. I have not lost any weight since about 2 weeks after the surgery, but I have not gained any either. I had to replace my baggy clothes but only dropped down one size. Arghhh. I am trying to be patient but I really was not aware at how long this is taking. Those gastric bypass people are already way ahead!

You might try replacing some of the carbs you're eating with Protein. Protein digests more slowly and doesn't give a spike to your blood glucose levels and will be less likely to cause you to be hungry in the mid-afternoon.

Couple of thoughts: Exersice makes you hungier, muscle weighs more than fat and Protein lasts longer to help keep you satisfied. Check your measurments, that is where your success is showing, be proud!

I had an appointment today that cleared a few things for me. I don't want anything in the mornings and the best I can do is a SlimFast on the days I work. I have it just so I won't fall on my face. I was told that the band can loosen durning the day and you can be more hungry because of it; the food flows through more quickly. Don't over-chew food, makes it flow fast. She suggested that I have a slice of deli meat rolled as a snack.< /p>

I will have a fill on Mon. and am frightened to have it (3rd), I don't have a lot of restriction and I want the weight to come off but......I don't want to be stuck! I won't back away from this, and I am tired of being OBESE!

One thing I noticed is that you eat Soup with salad at lunch. Thats good and all, but this goes right through the band and doesn't necessarily keep you full. You may want to try eating some salmon or tuna and not drink any liquids for 30 mins. or so. This will most definitely keep you satisfied til dinner time. then have the salad and soup for din din!!! You have to kind of play with it a little and find the best way to keep you satisfied for at the least 4-5 hours. And like the previous poster said, when you execise you get hungry! Drink a Protein Shake before a good workout and follow up with some Water after. Trust me, it'll work! Good luck!

I agree with Enchanted. Your breakfast and lunch equals a low estimate of 65 grams of carbs. Then you have a Protein bar which is often higher in carbs. I've been told to stay within 30-50 carbs for the day. You are hungry about 2 hours later because you aren't eating Protein. Swap out the Cereal for eggs or cheese or, one of my favorites, scrambled eggs With cheese. Have steak if you want, roast beef, turkey; all good protein choices. when you are hungry, eat protein first. discover cheese sticks. they are easy to grab and go, and handy. grill a tray of chicken wings and have them on hand for when you are watching tv. great finger food that you can eat slowly and no one notices. email me if you want more. good luck

;

Most people tend to be tighter in the morning and looser at night.

If you need a snack mid afternoon have one it won't hurt. Just make sure it is something healthy.Tuna and a few crackers, yogurt with a sprinkle of muesli, an egg etc. I find that combing Protein and healthy carbs keeps me satisfied a lot longer than Proteins on their own.

Protein, Protein, protein is the answer! Cut down on the carbs, drink plenty of Water, and have a snack during the afternoon.

You can do it. Don't give up and don't worry about the gastric bypass people. They have enough of their own problems and will have for years to come.

I agree with Enchanted. Your breakfast and lunch equals a low estimate of 65 grams of carbs. Then you have a Protein bar which is often higher in carbs. I've been told to stay within 30-50 carbs for the day. You are hungry about 2 hours later because you aren't eating Protein. Swap out the cereal for eggs or cheese or, one of my favorites, scrambled eggs With cheese. Have steak if you want, roast beef, turkey; all good protein choices. when you are hungry, eat protein first. discover cheese sticks. they are easy to grab and go, and handy. grill a tray of chicken wings and have them on hand for when you are watching tv. great finger food that you can eat slowly and no one notices. email me if you want more. good luck

;

Here is an idea for breakfast, low in carbs but feels like cereal. A quarter cup of Flax meal and a half cup of boiling Water. I add more Water because I like it a little thinner. I flavor it with a half teaspoon of cinnamon, and some splenda. A tablespoon of Peanut Butter helps keep it satisfying. This is rich in Omega 3's and it tastes good and hot. Nice in the morning and keeps me satisfied until lunch!!!

I'd say you're close to where you want to be. If you decide to get a fill next month, I wouldn't get 1cc, maybe .5 or less. I have really good restriction right now and I couldn't begin to eat a bowl of Kashi for breakfast. I can only eat yogurt or a Protein Drink until about 10 am. The fill will definitely help with the late day hunger pangs, but it comes with a price. I truly don't mind giving up breakfast, if it means I'm not starving all day long.