Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The port flipping over

I was wondering if anyone has had the port to "flip" over on them. I just found out yesterday when I went to get my second fill. I have to go this afternoon for surgery to repair it. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them.

How long has it been since your surgery?? No thank God I haven't had that happen I'm 6 months out..wow you have to have surgery again. Pray everything goes well for you. Have you lost a lot of weight? maybe that's why it flipped it didn't have much to hold on to anymore. :thumbdown:

When I went for my 1st fill, my port was 50% flipped. I think it is completely flipped now, and when I go for my second fill he will repair it if it is.

I had the surgery to repair it and the md said the stitches had came loose from the tissue. So this time he attached it to the muscle. So hopefully this wont happen again. lol I have lost 20 pounds so far.

Glad to hear your second surgery went well. Congrats on the weight loss!

lilpeach_059 please let me know how your next appointment goes and if your port did flip completely.

My port had tilted but didn't cause concern or further surgery. The nurses just have to manually tilt it down to access it. It happened within the first 6 weeks after surgery. I am now coming up on 2 yrs post op and no problems

I got a fill yesterday and was told my low profile port had tilled up. This was my second x-ray fill and she had me lie down (after 4 tries) to insert the needle. I had to get off the table with the needle in so she could fill. I had a fill in July in the office and the PA didn't seem to have a problem so I guess it happened in between. It was mentioned that the weight loss may have been the cause. 207 first time 177 yesterday. No mention of repair, they just made note for next time.

When I first had my surgery, I was told that my port was tilted too. The nurse practitioner said that it had to do with how the surgeon placed it during surgery. She further told me that mine should have been placed a little higher. My first two fills were very difficult until she learned where my port was and how to position the needle and stick me for the tilt. She was constantly missing the hole and would require several sticks. Have not had any problems with it since and I am almost three years since surgery. So it seems it depends on how it was placed, the stitches etc.

I had my first fill since my repair surgery. Everything went perfect. Alot easier than before.

how much time did you need to recover from the surgery to re-flip your port?

I was back to work within a week. Was not near a bad as the first one.