Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Went back to Surgeon today

Ok, so on Oct 2 I had a fill. It was not my surgeon that did it, but one of the fellow's that are employed at the Cleveland Clinic where I had my surgery.

WELL... My band was empty upon surgery 6/9

7/27 had my first fill, doc said 4.25cc

8/28 2nd fill, was told 2.5 cc which would now have me at 6.75cc.

10/2 3rd fill, was told not only was my port tilted which is why the fellow could not access it as easy as the last 2 fills, but also said he could only retrieve 4cc no where near 6.75 that I was supposed to have in there, AND he was seriously doubting me on my amount I could eat, the amount in my and, and my weight loss. I really did not like this guy. To date at this point I was down 27 lbs since day of surgery, and it was 16 weeks post op. I was eating 1 - 1 1/2 cups per meal, no problem, and no restriction. 5.5 was put in my band at this point. I asked the fellow what about the rest that was supposed to be in there allready, and he said I must have my numbers incorrect. Or it evaporated.

I emailed my surgeon when I got home, that I really did not like what was being told to me, and had many questions. Surgeon responded to my questions, and put my mind at ease. I advised that now I am not able to eat a thing, or at least no more than 3 or 4 tablespoons per sitting, am constantly getting stuck, and can't even drink now. I did give it 9 days, before i finally emailed ysterday and said I need a slight unfill. I went in today, my surgeon stayed on campus so that he could see me. He was able to access the port with no issue, it was not tilted, said it is perfect has not moved. The fellow from 10 days ago was there, and denied saying it was tilted. OK.. I am really not liking him now. Lucky I am long time friends with one of the radiologists and she backed up my story. THEN, when he extracted the Fluid, he pulled 6.25 I questioned again, how is that if he only put in 5.5 10 days ago, and said that there was only 4 to begin with. Surgeon stated that obviously the fellow did not pull all out, and that some stays in the tubing, and even in the band, and I prob have .25-.5 in there still now, so there is a possibility that I have had 7 or so in my band for the past 10 days. Which is why I have not been able to eat. He did have me swallow before extracting fluid, and saw that it barely went through at all. Once completely open, I swallowed, and went through perfectly. Doc put back in 5cc, still wide open, 6cc, a lot slower, 5.5 cc we are both happy.

SO, I did eat tonight, only because I have been starving for the past 10 days, and we were in town for the adjustment as well as dinner for my nephew's birthday at Outback Steakhouse.

I had 2 oz of a great sirloin steak, cut VERY TINY. 1 french fry, 2 peices of the blooming onion with the batter peeled off, and 4 green Beans. I stayed away from the bread, and just passed it on. I did order the kids sirloin and my FIL will have the rest for Breakfast in the morning. My SIL was saying no wonder you are losing weight, look how much you are NOT eating. I said I am eating as much as prissy *my band* allows me too, without getting sick. I did have my papaya enzymes with me just in case, and did not need it. It is now 5 hours later, and I am still full. I am so happy.

OH, and I did manage to lose 6 lbs in the 10 days between the last fill and today. That was awesome.

Next adjustment, Nov 30, 4 days after Thanksgiving and 4 weeks before Christmas, but after my 2 upcoming cruises. YAHOOO.

I cant believe how some people are! the guy should have just owned up to his mistake! Good for you for standing your ground! Congrats on the great loss and have fun on your cruise....I'm jealous! Jodi

As a patient, you have the right to refuse any services from the fellow in the future. It's in the Bill of Patient's Rights. Ask your doctor for it.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with the fellow. Some people are so full of themselves, they can't admit to a mistake. Consider the source and go on from here.

Good luck on all your endeavors.

I'm sorry things have been so crazy for you lately. I definitely would not see that guy again. Good luck to you!

Ok, so on Oct 2 I had a fill. It was not my surgeon that did it, but one of the fellow's that are employed at the Cleveland Clinic where I had my surgery.

WELL... My band was empty upon surgery 6/9

7/27 had my first fill, doc said 4.25cc

8/28 2nd fill, was told 2.5 cc which would now have me at 6.75cc.

10/2 3rd fill, was told not only was my port tilted which is why the fellow could not access it as easy as the last 2 fills, but also said he could only retrieve 4cc no where near 6.75 that I was supposed to have in there, AND he was seriously doubting me on my amount I could eat, the amount in my and, and my weight loss. I really did not like this guy. To date at this point I was down 27 lbs since day of surgery, and it was 16 weeks post op. I was eating 1 - 1 1/2 cups per meal, no problem, and no restriction. 5.5 was put in my band at this point. I asked the fellow what about the rest that was supposed to be in there allready, and he said I must have my numbers incorrect. Or it evaporated.

I emailed my surgeon when I got home, that I really did not like what was being told to me, and had many questions. Surgeon responded to my questions, and put my mind at ease. I advised that now I am not able to eat a thing, or at least no more than 3 or 4 tablespoons per sitting, am constantly getting stuck, and can't even drink now. I did give it 9 days, before i finally emailed ysterday and said I need a slight unfill. I went in today, my surgeon stayed on campus so that he could see me. He was able to access the port with no issue, it was not tilted, said it is perfect has not moved. The fellow from 10 days ago was there, and denied saying it was tilted. OK.. I am really not liking him now. Lucky I am long time friends with one of the radiologists and she backed up my story. THEN, when he extracted the Fluid, he pulled 6.25 I questioned again, how is that if he only put in 5.5 10 days ago, and said that there was only 4 to begin with. Surgeon stated that obviously the fellow did not pull all out, and that some stays in the tubing, and even in the band, and I prob have .25-.5 in there still now, so there is a possibility that I have had 7 or so in my band for the past 10 days. Which is why I have not been able to eat. He did have me swallow before extracting Fluid, and saw that it barely went through at all. Once completely open, I swallowed, and went through perfectly. Doc put back in 5cc, still wide open, 6cc, a lot slower, 5.5 cc we are both happy.

SO, I did eat tonight, only because I have been starving for the past 10 days, and we were in town for the adjustment as well as dinner for my nephew's birthday at Outback Steakhouse.

I had 2 oz of a great sirloin steak, cut VERY TINY. 1 french fry, 2 peices of the blooming onion with the batter peeled off, and 4 green Beans. I stayed away from the bread, and just passed it on. I did order the kids sirloin and my FIL will have the rest for breakfast in the morning. My SIL was saying no wonder you are losing weight, look how much you are NOT eating. I said I am eating as much as prissy *my band* allows me too, without getting sick. I did have my papaya enzymes with me just in case, and did not need it. It is now 5 hours later, and I am still full. I am so happy.

OH, and I did manage to lose 6 lbs in the 10 days between the last fill and today. That was awesome.

Next adjustment, Nov 30, 4 days after Thanksgiving and 4 weeks before Christmas, but after my 2 upcoming cruises. YAHOOO.

I love the beef, but my doc says full liquids for two days following a fill, I may have been on my knees over the potty if I tried that. Also, my doc would drop kick me. I could not have handled 9-10 days of discomfort like you did. Whatever I feel, I am the only one feeling it and that guy needs a knee in the throat for his big mouth.

Thanks for the butt kicking everyone, I know I shouldn't have eaten that evening, HOWEVER, I really had not eaten in 10 days, and I was told to cut it up as small as possible, if I had an issue I would have stop eating, I could have ordered Soup, but the option was cream of potatoe, I stuck with the Protein enriched sirloin. For the first time in a while that little bit I had stayed down, and I was satisfied for the remainder of the night. My pouch is a happy pouch.

It really sucks living 100 miles away from the doc.

On a good note, I am friends for many years with the girl in radiology, she will NEVER call this fellow down to work on me again, its my surgeon or no one.