Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Having a problem -- bummed.

Well, I finally called my PA and told her that I've been having a problem for the last 10 days. So now I have to go in tomorrow and get an unfill. :unsure: I'm sorta bummed, but I know it's the right thing to do.

I ate some scrambled eggs 10 days ago, and they got really stuck -- so bad that I vomited them up (sorry TMI). This is the first time that has happened. And it happened so fast, it was scary! So, the next day I stayed on liquids and soft foods like yogurt, but since then, I can barely eat anything without it getting stuck. Everything hurts. :thumbup: And, my acid reflux, which had gone away (after 15 years of misery), has come back, which is no fun.:w00t:

And the irony of it all is that I was just starting to feel restriction that kept me full between meals. Bummer. Now I'm going to go back to the hunger. But, I guess better that than pain. *sigh*

And Sarahbellzz, I have you to thank, because if you had not gone through something similar (though much more extreme!!) I would have been less likely to call the doctor. :)

Thanks, everyone, for letting me vent. :smile:

I am in the same situation as you. I got a 1/2 fill like a month ago. I was fine for a week or 2, now I cant keep anything solid down. I only can eat Soup or protien shakes, which is what is really helping me..I know I am gonna need an unfill as well. I have pain when I try to eat anything where I have to chew...So I now stick to Soups til I can get the unfill..So I know excatly what you are going thru. I havent eat meat in over 2 months now..I think I am turnin into a vegaterian/soup eater..LOL..Well let me know how you are doing after your unfill... :) hope you get to feeling better.

Well, I finally called my PA and told her that I've been having a problem for the last 10 days. So now I have to go in tomorrow and get an unfill. :thumbup: I'm sorta bummed, but I know it's the right thing to do.

I ate some scrambled eggs 10 days ago, and they got really stuck -- so bad that I vomited them up (sorry TMI). This is the first time that has happened. And it happened so fast, it was scary! So, the next day I stayed on liquids and soft foods like yogurt, but since then, I can barely eat anything without it getting stuck. Everything hurts. :ohmy: And, my acid reflux, which had gone away (after 15 years of misery), has come back, which is no fun.:unsure:

And the irony of it all is that I was just starting to feel restriction that kept me full between meals. Bummer. Now I'm going to go back to the hunger. But, I guess better that than pain. *sigh*

And Sarahbellzz, I have you to thank, because if you had not gone through something similar (though much more extreme!!) I would have been less likely to call the doctor. :)

Thanks, everyone, for letting me vent. :w00t:

Ann - Don't be bummed. Your unfill can be ever so slight. Acid reflux is one of the signs that you are too tight. Why suffer??

Also- I have a hard time with eggs and I'm not too tight. Remember one of my previous notes that I needed an unfill. My unfill was .25cc. That slight amount made all the difference. Maybe that's all you need as well.........

You're doing great....:smile::biggrin: Don't let it get to you.....

John

Well, I finally called my PA and told her that I've been having a problem for the last 10 days. So now I have to go in tomorrow and get an unfill. :w00t: I'm sorta bummed, but I know it's the right thing to do.

I ate some scrambled eggs 10 days ago, and they got really stuck -- so bad that I vomited them up (sorry TMI). This is the first time that has happened. And it happened so fast, it was scary! So, the next day I stayed on liquids and soft foods like yogurt, but since then, I can barely eat anything without it getting stuck. Everything hurts. :w00t: And, my acid reflux, which had gone away (after 15 years of misery), has come back, which is no fun.:thumbup:

And Sarahbellzz, I have you to thank, because if you had not gone through something similar (though much more extreme!!) I would have been less likely to call the doctor. :smile:

Thanks, everyone, for letting me vent. :)

Oh no, Ann I'm so sorry. :w00t: I really hope everything goes ok at your appt today. I hope you are able to resume eating solid food without dealing with that and hope your reflux goes away, I know how awful that is. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks, everyone. I'll let you know how it goes. It seems to get worse every day! My PA thinks the stuck episode caused swelling around the band, which just isn't going away. Today I've had a Protein shake, 8 oz. of Water, and 3 cups of tea, and I hurt!! That is very odd for me. Usually I can drink lots of liquids and never have pain from it. Weird.

Here's to getting back to the green zone! :smile:

Wow I am glad I saw this post. I have 2 issues, they think I have a leak, 3 times now they have filled me to 6 cc and 2-3 weeks later I am around 4.5 cc. I went in on friday and she refilled me and scheduled a fluoro to find the leak, but since then I am way too tight, she must have gotten more than 6 cc as I have terrible reflux, have had to sleep sitting in a rocker the past 2 nights and can hardly eat anything. I go tomorrow for the fluro so I will see what is what then.

Well, the doc took out .5 ccs, which makes me less than where I was after my 3rd fill (I've had 4), but let me tell you... what a relief!!!! I feel awesome!!!! :frown: And I am back to enjoying food again. I had told several friends that it was to the point that all enjoyment was gone from eating. Heh... last night I had a whole steak & pepper kebab and it tasted like the best thing I had ever had in my life! I was very careful about cutting and chewing and taking my time, and I didn't have any problems.

Oh, and important to note -- especially for you, On the Way -- my reflux went away instantly with the unfill. The doc said that the onset of reflux is definitely a sign of being too tight. What a relief that that burning pain is gone!

And, to top it all off, I dropped two pounds since the unfill -- go figure! :blink:

So, another Bandito lives to tell the story of a successful unfill... don't be scared to ask for one if you need it! :eek:

PS -- On the Way, good luck finding that leak! Let us know what happens. :frown: And hopefully your reflux will go away soon also. :eek:

Thank you! there is hope! I had the fluro test this morning to see if they could find the leak, no such luck on first pass, the dr said he had to study the pictures but if there is a leak it is around the band... bummer... I had exacly 6 cc which is what she put in Friday, so I had him take it down to 5.75 so hopefully tonight the darn reflux will be gone...

Well, the doc took out .5 ccs, which makes me less than where I was after my 3rd fill (I've had 4), but let me tell you... what a relief!!!! I feel awesome!!!! :frown: And I am back to enjoying food again. I had told several friends that it was to the point that all enjoyment was gone from eating. Heh... last night I had a whole steak & pepper kebab and it tasted like the best thing I had ever had in my life! I was very careful about cutting and chewing and taking my time, and I didn't have any problems.

Oh, and important to note -- especially for you, On the Way -- my reflux went away instantly with the unfill. The doc said that the onset of reflux is definitely a sign of being too tight. What a relief that that burning pain is gone!

And, to top it all off, I dropped two pounds since the unfill -- go figure! :wink3:

So, another Bandito lives to tell the story of a successful unfill... don't be scared to ask for one if you need it! :eek:

Ann - I'm glad your unfill went well. :blink: I know the feeling. Watch - You will lose more now than before. This little band is something isn't it??

Thank you! there is hope! I had the fluro test this morning to see if they could find the leak, no such luck on first pass, the dr said he had to study the pictures but if there is a leak it is around the band... bummer... I had exacly 6 cc which is what she put in Friday, so I had him take it down to 5.75 so hopefully tonight the darn reflux will be gone...

I hope the Doc resolves your issue quickly & I hope the reflux is gone........

Thanks, John. I think you're right -- lost another pound! :thumbup:

Ann, I am so happy for you that it went well and you can eat again! And 75 lbs, my gosh, you are flying through this woman! :thumbup:

Thanks, Carrie! I'm really surprised at how quickly this is going. And look at you, girl, you're flying right along with me!!! :thumbup::D

ACK! I'm scared... last night I didn't get a chance to eat until 8:45, and when I did, I started wolfing down my food. I know, I know -- I forgot because I was so darn hungry! And sure enough, what happens? I got stuck (it was whole wheat pizza) and suddenly I had to make a mad dash to the bathroom to throw up. (sorry tmi) Why, oh why didn't I learn from the darn scrambled eggs two weeks ago???? I'm kicking myself. So now I'm doing liquids today, in hopes that I can avoid swelling.:biggrin:

This just makes me realize how careful we have to be at all times! I was feeling SO good after my unfill, enjoying food again, and I let myself get too hungry and bam! Too big of bites, too fast, and I'm stuck, stuck, stuck.

Ugh, ugh, ugh. Keeping my fingers crossed that I haven't caused any damage... :)