Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone get rebanded?

I had a slip on June 6th and replacement on September 4th of this year. Recovery post surgery is so much easier the second time around . . . it is no big deal at all.

Hi...i am getting surgery tomorrow to have my band taken out and replaced with the realize band....i found out that my band had slipped in oct and the dr unfilled it and he wants to replace it with a newer band since mine was originally done in 06...he thinks the newer bands are better i guess....my question is, i am really nervous i dont know why i have already been thru this once but how long does it take to take the old band out???? i just want to know how long i will be under for...my first surgery the dr told me took 27 min to place the band so i am curious

I had mine in '06 as well. I was supposed to have my old band out and new band put in in Nov'09 but they could only get it out and couldn't get another one in. It was supposed to take an hour but my surgery took a little under 2 hrs only because once they got the old one out, a couple surgeons tried in vain to put another one in for the next hr. Everyone has different pain levels but I definitely work up in much more pain than the 1st time. I was walking and talking withing a few hours of my originally surgery, this time around if felt awful and I keep passing out and distinctly remember wanting to punch the nurse in the eye because she was talking on the phone and had not given me my pain pump yet. I'm hoping that if I go back to be re-banded that the pain will not be as bad.

How's everyone that got banded back in Nov/Dec doing? Losing weight?? Feeling good?

How's everyone that got banded back in Nov/Dec doing? Losing weight?? Feeling good?

I'm still waiting!! Went to the doc last week and he isn't feeling very confident in getting the band in...he wants to wait 3 more months just for another appointment. He is leaning towards the sleeve though...I'm not really keen on cutting organs.

I was rebanded in November 2009. I had my first fill a few weeks ago. I had 4 cc's put in. I felt restriction for the first month after the band was put in but than I think I waited too long to have my first fill. Anway, I had my first fill now and feel I am on track again. I had some soft scrambled eggs this morning and they were getting stuck! I was so happy (I know I am weird). Its amazing how restriction can hit at any time. The eggs finally went down but I realize I need to be more careful once again with smaller bites and what I eat. I am delighted that I rebanded. I tried living without my band and I gained weight! It was awful. I felt so desperate. I used the same plan without the band. The band makes a HUGE difference. I am so grateful that my insurance paid to have my band put back in. Good luck with your surgery in a few weeks. I also found that the second time around having my band put in was a breeze. You know what to expect and its takes the fear away. Of course, you can always have complications which can make your recovery time longer. I had my surgery on a Thursday and returned to work the following Monday. I had no complications, no pain medications, etc.

Well, I am rebanded as of Feb. 11 and doing great. It was much easier the second time around and I had my first fill a week ago. I was very conservative w/that fill and only had 1.5 cc's put in. Very little restriction but some restriction is better than no restriction and I have lost over 20 lbs. I am much more aware of what I am doing and how my body feels. Loving my new band.:smile:

Congratulations on your new band! Thank you for letting us know that you have been rebanded and are doing so well.

Its one of the best decisions I have ever made. I was seriously thinking of not having the band replaced after my old one slipped. I kept thinking that I changed my bad behaviors and I didn't need it (WRONG). If I did not replace my band I think I would have gained all my weight back and EVEN MORE WEIGHT if I did not get rebanded. One of my bosses at work encouraged me to get rebanded. He was skeptical of the band whenI had the first one put in but after he saw the results, I think he knew the band was really helping me.

Way to go! I haven't told everyone that I have been rebanded. People are very opinionated about the whole thing and it was a personal decision that I made. I did gain back almost 40 pounds but have lost over 20 of it since rebanding. I am well on my way to goal. :) Good luck and keep me updated. Love to hear about a fellow rebander!:thumbup: