Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pjtp...again!

Good morning everyone.

I miss you all and thought I would check in and see how things are going.

As I stepped into my garage, which is finished, and is a laundry room on that end, carpeted, etc.....crawling across the floor......is a....TARANTULA!!!!!

Stop right there. I cannot continue. I have arachniphobia (sp?)

LOL Kat. I am the same way. I hate spiders with a purple passion!

Mostly me too. I'm ok with garden spiders and tiny spiders, but those huge gawking tarantulas scare the crap outta me!!!

LOL about the spiders! The only ones I get worried about are the Black Widows! The tiny town just south of us actually has a yearly Tarantula festival! They're pretty prominent around here.

And......that rules out any chance of me attending a LBT get together in your town, LOL!!!

PJTP: I posted this on my Facebook, but for those of you that aren't my friends on there, I actually got to meet a member of LBT in real life this last weekend. It turns out that we have a mutual friend. Small world, eh?? Anywho, the meeting went very well, and I had a great time. It makes me think (for the first time since all the ugliness on here happened) that maybe it could be fun to meet up in the real world. Who knows....stranger things have happened!!

Good morning everyone.

I miss you all and thought I would check in and see how things are going.

Hi Kristen!!! Miss you too! Come back!!!

And......that rules out any chance of me attending a LBT get together in your town, LOL!!!

Hah! You would LOVE to come visit me! I live in a great place! I promise to take care of any spiders we might see for you! The tarantulas actually like it better down the hill a little. Dryer and warmer than here.

AND if you've done any major traveling in CA and have gone any where other than southern CA, you may have already been here! We have a pretty popular and MAJOR attraction in the area!

PJTP: I posted this on my Facebook, but for those of you that aren't my friends on there, I actually got to meet a member of LBT in real life this last weekend. It turns out that we have a mutual friend. Small world, eh?? Anywho, the meeting went very well, and I had a great time. It makes me think (for the first time since all the ugliness on here happened) that maybe it could be fun to meet up in the real world. Who knows....stranger things have happened!!

That is so cool!! I got to meet Kristen (krtork) back in September! So neat. Wish I could've spent more time with her. Irene (Diva) lives sorta near my mom and sometimes comes to my area for work stuff so I'm hoping we can hook up sometime.

I think it's both scary and fun to meet people you talk to all the time on the internet! LOL!

~~~~~

I hope everyone has a Blessed Thanksgiving!

DD and I will have dinner w/DH at the station. He goes to work tomorrow. My mom is coming in later in the day/evening. Should be a nice weekend!

Have a great night!

Hi everyone

I'm getting a bit nervous now - only 1 week to go until my PS operation! I get all my fill taken out on Monday, which I am very glad about as it really has been way too tight this last month and has been very uncomfortable. I've been struggling through, wanting the weight loss but of course have fallen into the old trap when the band is too tight of moving to slider foods, chocolates and icecream, coz that's the only thing I can tolerate. I would have had it loosened but I've been away on site every week and haven't been able to get in to see the doc, so just been "toughing it out" till now.

I really hope I don't suddenly pig out to the max once all the Fluid has gone - scared about that :thumbup: I'm really hoping to hit 72kg by the day of the operation. Not quite sure where I am at right now - I was 73.9kg on Monday but I've been at site all week. Hopefull I'm down to 73 and honing in on that 72 goal...

*chews fingernails worrying about the big op*

Kat~ I am with Plain, I would be frozen in place and unable to move if I saw a great big ol' trantula - arachnaphobia (sp)! Eww!

Michelle~ It was awesome meeting you early this fall. I enjoyed putting a face and personality to the online you that I feel I know so well!

Fanny~ yeah on the PS! I hope that all goes well for you! You will be fine with the unfill - sounds like you are pretty focused on your weight goal. Wouldn't want to ruin that, so be strong, meet the goal, get the PS and be a more amazing you!

We had a great Thanksgiving. It is nice not to eat until you go into a coma! I enjoyed just chatting with my family - we went to my parents house and my brother and nephew were there. My SIL and niece stayed home, she had to drive over the mountain and drive right back and we were supposed to get a snow storm, so she backed out. My brother was over here hunting so he stayed for dinner.

Today we are doing turkey dinner at home. DH loves leftovers so we are making our own turkey dinner. So much food! DD is home from college, nice to have her back in the house for a few days! Miss having her around.

Hope all of you that went shopping this morning survived!

LOL Torky----believe me the thought of going where the spider was went against every Fiber of my being. BUT.....I was on the outside, and he was on the inside. It was sheer stupidity, along with stubborness, that got me out there! I knew he had done something with the spices I wanted, he left them on the grill. Which is next to our backdoor, in a large very private BACK yard. So out I trek, wearing jammies, which in this case were tap pants and a cami----now that I can wear them, I do.....along with fuzzy socks----yes the socks added to the sexy look,(in comparison to the jiggly thighs, that is not an exageration!!!) Anyway......the only way back in, was then through the front yard, which is NOT private in any way.....and my front door was locked! So....either I froze in the yard.....and allowed that hairy beast to go to Lord knows where in my garage and hibernate.....or I catch it. I knew sooner or later I was going to have to deal with him.

I unlike Fanny do not want anything to do with the 8 legged things. He now has a happy new home, and she says he is getting ready to molt.....lovely huh????

Kat~ I guess you only had one choice! Nice visual!! I don't know that I could have caught the darn thing! Glad that he found a home - never in my house, but I guess someone has to love em!

When I was in college one of the girls in our sorority house had a pet snake - it escaped one night and we had to search for 2 days to find it. Ewww! I hate snakes! After she found him he went home to her house and we wrote up a new policy of absolutely no pets in the house! That was horrible!

We had an all pets welcome policy....they just had to pass one test.

They had to be able to hold their breath under Water for hours.

Worked......

We had an all pets welcome policy....they just had to pass one test.

They had to be able to hold their breath under Water for hours.

Worked......

Nice! :confused:

Hi everyone

I'm getting a bit nervous now - only 1 week to go until my PS operation! I get all my fill taken out on Monday, which I am very glad about as it really has been way too tight this last month and has been very uncomfortable. I've been struggling through, wanting the weight loss but of course have fallen into the old trap when the band is too tight of moving to slider foods, chocolates and icecream, coz that's the only thing I can tolerate. I would have had it loosened but I've been away on site every week and haven't been able to get in to see the doc, so just been "toughing it out" till now.

I really hope I don't suddenly pig out to the max once all the Fluid has gone - scared about that :rolleyes: I'm really hoping to hit 72kg by the day of the operation. Not quite sure where I am at right now - I was 73.9kg on Monday but I've been at site all week. Hopefull I'm down to 73 and honing in on that 72 goal...

I can't believe it's nearly surgery time! Seems like you were just talking about getting started with it! Time flies! How did the un-fill go? I'm not sure you have to worry about it too horribly much. Seems you'll work harder to NOT go crazy if only BECAUSE you are so worried about it.

Best wishes for you for the week. check in when you can and let us know how you're doing.

We had a great Thanksgiving. It is nice not to eat until you go into a coma! I enjoyed just chatting with my family - we went to my parents house and my brother and nephew were there. My SIL and niece stayed home, she had to drive over the mountain and drive right back and we were supposed to get a snow storm, so she backed out. My brother was over here hunting so he stayed for dinner.

Today we are doing turkey dinner at home. DH loves leftovers so we are making our own turkey dinner. So much food! DD is home from college, nice to have her back in the house for a few days! Miss having her around.

Hope all of you that went shopping this morning survived!

How wonderful that DD was home!

We usually do another turkey too. This year WE were doing the turkey so we had plenty! There is still another one in the freezer for later tho! LOL!

~~~~~

Been MIA lately b/c I'm working on crocheting laprobes. There is a program called Laprobes for Vets and the local gal that does it for our area is having a hard time getting enough. She needs a minimum of 60 and she says she doesn't have that many yet. Usually she has over 100 donated to give away but not this year. May see if I can find some fleece blankets on sale some where too and add those to the pile. I'm trying to get 2 laprobes done by the 12th. We'll see!

Hope everyone has a great week!

That is so good of you Michelle! I usually do some squares for the local senior center then they piece them together. But the arthritis in my index finger has curtailed my crocheting. I did a large double fleece tied blanket for my neighbor. They are having hard times, he has cancer, and she is crippled.....they both sit around with blankets. In fact he sleeps most of the time on the sofa, because his IV is set up in there. So she sleeps nearby in the recliner. When I would go over there the house was always cool, and she had this stiff itchy looking blanket on her chair. So I did the fleece thing. In their case I used full size fleece blankets, because I wanted more than a lap robe, I wanted them to be able to completely cover up. DH went and cut a load of wood for them on Sunday...he has been taking care of their yard all summer, he just feels so helpless, because the guy was the neighborhood "doer" he did things for everyone---us included, and now is fighting for his very life. He has throat cancer that has invaded his esophagus, his ear, all through the area, and cannot be cut out. He is showing signs of improvement, but the prognosis is still not good. Very sad.

I know whoever gets the robes you make will be appreciative---that is a nice thing you are doing!!

I just read heartfire and Kat's posts and both times was thinking "la-probes - what the heck are la-probes??" It took me ages to read it as "lap-robes", LOL! Never heard the term before but I can figure it out...now! :smile:

Fanny, I think la-probe is what men get at the Dr.'s office after the age of 50.......

A lap robe is usually used by those wheelchair confined....or such. A small blanket to just cover the legs.

Made me laugh!

Fanny, I think la-probe is what men get at the Dr.'s office after the age of 50.......

That's what I was thinking!! And I was wondering how the hell you crochet one of those! :P

A lap robe is usually used by those wheelchair confined....or such. A small blanket to just cover the legs.

I worked it out eventually... not that I'm slow or anything :tongue2:

Made me laugh!.

Me too!

Congrats Fanny! I'm sure everything will go great!

He now has a happy new home, and she says he is getting ready to molt.....lovely huh????

Yikes! That means he's still growing!!