Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for meal ideas

Hello,

I would love some meal ideas for Breakfast, lunch or dinner.

I need to start working on increasing my calorie count while getting in the Protein. So would I would love to here what works for others.

Looking forward to hearing about some great ideas.

Thanks

I'm afraid that I'm what I call a "rut eater". I decided what I wanted to eat five days a week for each meal and I stick with that plan. Over the weekend, I will change it up somewhat. Since I'm retired and we don't eat out a lot, this is really easier for me to do.

I have a small Protein shake about 6a.m. and about 9a.m., I have Raisen Brand Cereal with 1% milk. At lunch, I have tuna salad with 5 plain tricuit crackers (I need the fiber). Around 2p.m., I eat greek yogurt with blue berries. Around 6p.m., I eat grilled chicken, green Beans or peas.

Around 9p.m., I have another small Protein Shake & take my meds with it. That's my eating life right now and I'm not having any problems with it. I don't have to go to a lot of trouble trying to figure out what to eat. It works for me. I get my flavored Water or tea in during the day and don't drink after 9pm.

Im ask ad you started a new thread... I need help too, but I do great at Breakfast. Usually an egg, about 2oz of Oscar myer smoked turkey sausage and either grits or toast. Has a good amount of Protein in it so I don't get hungry for a few hours. I also try go eat a lot of fish and put Beans in everything for protein since I'm allergic to nuts.

Oh... And there's a great snack I like too. Gen Soy soy crisps are really good and have 7grams of Protein per serving. Great alternative to chips

I am a big casserole person.

I found that Shepherds Pie is a great versatile meal that is easy to digest and you can make a million ways. You can use white potatoes or yams, chesse or no cheese, an array of veggies, meat of your liking and have a simple balanced meal.

Farmer's skillets make awesome breakfasts. Bell peppers, onions, hashbrowns, sausage or bacon, scrambled eggs topped with cheese.< /p>

All sounds yummy. After this week I will get to really start creating meals again. So trying to get some good ideas does help.

I juts made a pot of turkey chili with Beans the other night and it was great to have somewhat of a meal!

Also, try some pressure cooker and crock pot (slow cooker) meals. The meat and veggies always come out super tender which makes it easier for you to digest with little worry of pbing.

Hello,

I would love some meal ideas for Breakfast, lunch or dinner.

I need to start working on increasing my calorie count while getting in the Protein. So would I would love to here what works for others.

Looking forward to hearing about some great ideas.

Thanks

I have a great recipe for a chicken roll up ( if you can handle chicken, I know some can't)

Chicken Cutlets

asparagus (thin stemmed)

cheese (semi hard like Parm or Provolone, I use Provolone)

Pound the cutlets thin

steam the asparagus for about one min in micro

take the cutlet and place cheese and then a few stalks of asparagus on the cutlet. Roll up and season w/a little salt, pepper and garlic powder.

Cook in a pan w/olive oil. Place chicken roll w/the roll side down to seal the roll before you turn if over...

DELISH!!

Let me know how it turns out if you decide to make it...

Feel free to contact me at untfluter@comcast.net

Good luck!!

untfluter- OOOHHHH that sounds yummy. How long do you cook it in the skillet for? Will have to try that one!

untfluter- OOOHHHH that sounds yummy. How long do you cook it in the skillet for? Will have to try that one!

It's DELISH! LOL the whole thing from start to finish, prep to plated, 30 min.. it takes longer to prep then to cook.. because you are using cutlets and then pounding them a little thinner, they cook pretty fast... maybe 10 min... but I also put the lid on the pan too... I like to use Provolone because the smoked flavor is great... the friend who gave me the recipe likes to use Parm.. just depends on what you like.. let me know how it turns out!!

I am so happy to hear there are yams and asparagus in these recipes. I haven't had the surgery yet, I'm still investigating. One of the things I heard was that asparagus and sweet potatoes/yams would not be on my menu again.

I'm glad to hear that some people can still eat these things!

I made pork chops in the crock pot yesterday. It was so good! Just throw your chops in, cover with healthy request cream of mushroom Soup, and cook on low for 8 hours (or high on 4). Then add green Beans once the pork is done and serve with some mashed potato... YUM!

Also, I made this super good bean salad. Mix one can of chick peas, one can of black Beans, and one can of kidney beans (all drained), with 1/4 C olive oil, one large Tomato chopped, 3 cloves or garlic chopped, one small onion diced, and 4 Tbsp lemon joice. Let is all sit over night and yumm-o!

I wonder if for those who can't yet eat solid foods and allthose yet to come if there is a way to make this thread a "sticky" so we can always have it handy to refer to for ideas.

My dr. says three meals a day no Snacks unless you know it's going to be a long time between meals on a particular day, then only something like a 90 cal yogurt, one string cheese or 10 baby carrots.

I know fruit skins are supposed to be a no-no, I'm wondering about raw sweet peppers. I'm not much of a veggie eater and those I do like I prefer raw, so I'm having trouble figuring out what I will be eating when I get back on solid food. I was craving chili today and wondered if the skins of kidney Beans might be a problem as they tend to be tough even well cooked.

Keep the recipes coming, maybe we can create our own cookbook! :mad:

I have never had trouble with Beans but you could always puree them and still get the flavor. Some quick easy meals for work I use 1 sandwich thin and 2 hebrew 97% fat free hot dogs. I still drink shakes in the morning. Yogurt or cheese for Snacks. Love the Morning star or Boca burgers....usually with the sandwich thin. (Can you tell I like these!!) Ice cream for dessert the yogurt or carb free. I usually put fat free or sugar free jelly or jam. I am surprised to hear so many docs say to only eat 3 meals and no snacks that I think sets most up for failure. I eat between 1200-1500 calories a day and at 60 days post op I have almost 34 lbs. I don't snack all day but you need something satisfying.

Here's what I've found I like for the mushies/purees.

Breakfast -- polenta (crisped) topped with an over easy egg topped with shredded 2% cheese. I put some piri piri (hot sauce) in my egg.

lunch -- shrimp salad. small shrimp in the food processor with 1 - 2 scallions, light mayo, lemon juice and old bay.

tuna -- this recipe was from a bariatric surgery eating book or WL surgery for dummies. Canned tuna w/scallion, roasted red pepper, kalamata olive. put in food processor.

Canned salmon, Newman's ginger sesame dressing, scallion, a little hot sauce, spinach, a little grated fresh ginger and black pepper. In food processor. Once beyond purees, I served on small bed of spinach with some peas. (my own recipe).

dinner --

black Beans or black bean Soup blended/pureed with some cumin, chili powder. Served over polenta and topped with a little cheese, a little salsa and homemade guac.

ricotta (low fat) mixed with garlic and parsley, in a ramekin topped with pizza sauce (less sugar than Tomato sauce) with s&p and red pepper flakes. Topped with some parm. Bake 30 mins or so until "bubbly." I serve that over polenta as well.