Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slight Unfill and now a lot less restriction

Has anyone ever had an unfill and then experience no restriction? Right before Labor Day I went in for my 4th fill where they put in .5 and it ended up being too tight and I had to go back in on 9/8 to have .2 taken out. Now I’m feeling less restriction, meaning less than what I was feeling before the 4th fill. Is this normal? I know sometimes the band has to readjust itself so maybe in a few days it will kick in?? I’m disappointed b/c I was hopeful this fill would be the fill, but now I’m not so sure.

I had to have an "unfill" back in February and he only took out just a little bit. I felt so much better but had the restriction. Some days more than others. How long have you waited since the unfill???

It's so weird because it varies so much for me. I was filled (#3) yesterday morning (early) from 5 to 5.5 cc's and yesterday I was fine...today I am so tight I can hardly stand it. I'm waiting a while to call the dr.

Lazyloops, give it a little more time. Some people take 2-3 weeks to "feel" a fill. You can get onto a fill see saw! Give it at least 3 weeks from your unfill and see how it's going. How much can you eat? Are you losing?

What made you think the 4th fill was too tight. Could you handle liquids? Mushies?

Lazyloops, give it a little more time. Some people take 2-3 weeks to "feel" a fill. You can get onto a fill see saw! Give it at least 3 weeks from your unfill and see how it's going. How much can you eat? Are you losing?

What made you think the 4th fill was too tight. Could you handle liquids? Mushies?

The fill was too tight b/c I couldnt eat anything except liquids. I was throwing up everything that slightly even the slightest bit thick including cream of chicken Soup. Water was the only thing that didnt give me a problem and it was even slow to go down. I'm not losing, but not gainign either. Tomorrow is the second week since my unfill and I still dont feel any different. I'm going to stick it out to the 4 week mark before i go in for another adjustment just to give it some more time.

LazyLoops,

I am right there with you. Couldnt eat without serious vomiting. Didnt matter how slow or how small the bite was. So I got an unfill, now I can eat pretty much anything! I ate a slice of pizza last night! Are you having a problem with head hunger? I hope that you can wait it out and see if you get your restriction. I have waited 5 weeks so I think I need a fill :biggrin:

Good luck,

D

LazyLoops,

I am right there with you. Couldnt eat without serious vomiting. Didnt matter how slow or how small the bite was. So I got an unfill, now I can eat pretty much anything! I ate a slice of pizza last night! Are you having a problem with head hunger? I hope that you can wait it out and see if you get your restriction. I have waited 5 weeks so I think I need a fill :bored:

Good luck,

D

I actually think my restriction is coming back. Yes, i do battle with head hunger but have learned that when i get hungry to stop and figure out where its coming from. I'm still doing the boredom snacking and trying to break myself from it which might be my biggest struggle yet.

Yes, I had 1cc taken out in July because I was so tight I could not even swallow water! Well, for the last two months, I wasn't feeling restriction, nor was I getting full after even eating a high Fiber food like an apple or salad. I was eating too much and was hungry all the time. I went in yesterday and the doctor put one cc back in. He said he was going to put 1/2 cc in, but when he was done he said he went ahead and put a full cc in. Oh well. Now I wonder if I'll go back to being too full? Gosh, I feel like it's the yo-yo thing all over again!! Only not with dieting, but with saline! Good luck!