Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 questions .. Time of the month and constipation

I started 3 days ago.. Now about a week ago I started where I wasn't really hungry in the morning.. I read that when you first wake up your band is tighter.. I never had this so Im wondering if its due to my cycle?! Also I keep getting this weird pain in my left side.. it even kinda hurts there when I burp.. This is new as well. Anyone experiance this?

Question 2.. I went from "liquid in liquid out" thing. .. and about a week after surgery I stopped that and just stopped going all together. Im only going MAYBE twice a week. And I used ot be pretty regular.. once a day and always in the morning. And when I do go.. boy oh boy.. ouch. Anyone experiance this or know any recommendations?

Thanks in advance for all your help!:thumbup:

I am tighter (slightly) in the morning. I found that if I drink a bottle of Water and then wait about 45 minutes to eat, I loosen up some.

I am also tighter around my period. This just happened after my second fill. I was fine, then when I started my period -- wham! Stuck! After my period, I was much looser and the appetite was back!

As for Constipation -- YEP! All the time! I drink lots too. I recently added a bit more healthy fat (almonds, olive oil, natural Peanut Butter, etc...) and that has helped. I was so focused on lean Protein that I don't think I was getting enough fat! THAT'S a first!!

Edited by Rutiglius
clarification

i have the same problem.my docter advised me to drink prune juice i never tried that. instead i am making my own remedy.i boil 2 pounds of plums in i cup Water for about an hour then separate the seeds and mash the fruit.add a little bit salt and keep in ref. every day eat half a cup of this delicious pure and it will help you. i also experience the same pain in my left side.it is like my heart is under pressure.i've noticed that when i eat alot and want to lie down afterward this pain is more severe.

good luck.

Healthy fats,some fruit, and plenty of vegies, and for Breakfast every morning I eat a couple of prunes - I like them canned in Syrup, they're soft and I just drain the syrup away and rinse them before storing in a container.

Drink plenty of Water and I go for a nice long run every day.

All in all, that keeps me once a day in the morning regular. However, we dont get told to focus on Protein here, so it doesnt worry me in the slightest to eat vegetable Protein sources - like chickpeas, or lentils and skip meat all together for various meals, i eat plenty of grain foods - Breakfast is usually a couple of prunes, a few tablespoons of organic muesli and half a piece of wholegrain toast - so I still get a lot of fibre.

Eating like that, and not focussing on protein, I still have hair, I lost all my weight without losing my muscles, I have good skin and nails, a very healthy metabolism (I eat about 1800 a day to maintain my weight) etc. So you really can afford to swap some of that protein for foods that are good for your bowels!

My neighbor swears by the Atkins Advantage shake. It has 15g of Protein and 3gm of Fiber. She drinks two a day. Says she get her Protein and Fiber in all at the same time.

Personally, I tried the drink but didn't care for the taste. So I eat a small bowl of Raisen Bran Cereal in the morning and in the afternoon, I eat 5-6 Triscuit crackers. The ones with Rosemary and Olive Oil. This combo works for me well. No more problems.

Oh my...great post :wink:

Here goes...at my age period has stopped but still get constipated and it hurts!!

You can take

everyday 1 colace pill (they have a generic brand) and/or a Vitamin e pill (greasy works)

everyday add fibercon powder to food (green bottle buy at costco and just add the powder to everything

I think it has to do with the fact ;;;

we drink the Water , exercise but do not have the fat

if you did weight watchers before the band you were required some healthy fat in your diet

if it becomes serious...some miralex but that sshould only be when nothing else works

when i have backup..i find it painful but after 2 years ..learning

Constipation is the one thing I am most worried about.

I have a history of constipation. I remember when I was little my mother had to give me molassas enemas. (this was in the 50's when that is what they used for children.) I hate the smell of molassas still today.

When I was getting chemo I took colace and metamucil every day but still had problems. One day I used an enema, took exlax and then drank a bottle of citrate of magnesium and still nothing. I had to go to the ER but had a 4 hour wait. I was so uncomfortable but finally things worked out.....

I really dread the constipation that I know is inevitible no matter what I try.

I get Constipation now, before the de-fill and giving the band a 2nd try (still don't know if it's slipped or dilated, waiting to get tests) Anyhoo, I take fibre 1 in Water or my coffee, sometimes Kashi Cereal in am, it's high in fibre, low in fat.

I think I'll try the prunes though, that sounds good :-)

Constipation is the one thing I am most worried about.

I have a history of Constipation. I remember when I was little my mother had to give me molassas enemas. (this was in the 50's when that is what they used for children.) I hate the smell of molassas still today.

When I was getting chemo I took colace and metamucil every day but still had problems. One day I used an enema, took exlax and then drank a bottle of citrate of magnesium and still nothing. I had to go to the ER but had a 4 hour wait. I was so uncomfortable but finally things worked out.....

I really dread the constipation that I know is inevitible no matter what I try.

Please be careful..citrate of magnesium is a no no if you are taking high blood pressure pills!!!!

:tongue2: :wub: :eek: