Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Good afternoon....damn, almost made it this morning! It is 12:03!!! LOL

Kinsey spent the night, so it has been a busy morning. And she woke me up screeching at her Papa-----with sad news......she has her first loose tooth. My baby is going away so fast, to be replaced by this adorable opinionated little girl!!!

She was awake in her room, and Rick talked to her, but he come in to the LR and was watching TV--I was sleeping in! It was only 7! When I heard her yell PAPA!!!!!!! And she was flying in to tell him, when I heard her say her tooth was loose, I was just sad. I am not seriously sad about it, I mean I want her to grow up normally, but since Manda refuses to build me another baby, I was wanting to hang onto this one for awhile longer......first school, now big teeth! LOL

Cindy, I am so sorry you are sick! Keep ahead on the fever/pain meds, and hopefully they will help til the antibiotics begin working. My DD had strep terribly 2-3 times a year for 10 years, then finally they removed her tonsils, and she has only had it a couple of times since.

Tracy---I wish I had magic words for starting over. I am not to the point I was to start over, but I have not taken off the rest of this weight I regained. I know we are not in the minority, I see it in all of us the complacency after awhile....I guess. I mean my band worked, there is no question there, I am in much better health, I lost a lot of weight with it, but wish I had the attitude or whatever it was I had in the beginning. I just feel lazy----seriously lazy lately!

Yesterday we took the tree down----and I did not want to do anything! There is huge amounts of wood, and tons of work to be dealt with, and I just didn't want to do anything.

Wish I knew the answer.

Maybe Jenn has it, maybe we all need a new goal---a new hobby or plan of action to energize ourselves!

Angela, wish I was closer, I like high school ball. I don't much care to go to our local games, the new coach is not the type I care for, he allows them to beat other teams 72-0. That was last weeks game. You know when it gets that way, put in the 2nd string, and allow the other team some dignity.

Hope Zach is enjoying it! I have a nephew who is a senior this year he is 6'4" and about 230 pounds, wearing a size 14 shoe.....he is half Navajo, and wears a mohawk, and talk about intimidating!!! Handsome as can be tho!!

Shar, sorry---remind me again what kind of work you do----your post intrigued me, but made me realize, my memory, left, along with my energy!!!

Michelle, Do what you have to do to stay away from the 200 mark---I will help in any way I can. That goes for all of you!

Debbie, I love the humor too---like Tracy, I can laugh at the dark stuff, and usually I am the butt of my own jokes, so I related to that!

Cracks me up Tracy and Angela meeting all the time without plans. Terri and I have not done that, but I have not gone anywhere either, besides as Angela said, hauling wood!!

So....since we cannot do it accidentally, Terri, we need to hook up!!! Suzanne should be here Tues. or Wed. so hopefully then! I will charge my camera and we will post some pics. And Debbie, you just have to take my word, we are GORGEOUS!

OK, off to clean the kitchen, my granddaughter wanted pancakes and sausage, so guess what I am cleaning up?????

hola all

Kat - you guys being with me from the beginning know where I was and how far I've come. I'm defining my life so I don't have to struggle, but like you, I feel damn lazy and just don't wanna do anything. I was out shopping all morning, got groceries, stuff to close the pool, cleaned out the fridge and now I'm going to take a nap.

As for goals - work is it, i should take where I am weight wise and just keep it at 172 (if I can get back there) and deal until I get insurance and I can get done with my classes

Really, I know I should be happy size 10, I've never been a 10 in my life - I am letting my belly rule my life as far as weight. I am afraid that I will find someone I really like and then my fat will eventually come out and that will destroy it all. .. I am obsessed on how my belly looks and I just can't shake it and think that is why I'm going to be alone forever

well, off to get something accomplished

ya know Jenn....I let myself get SO depressed over my belly hang that I said wth....and i started eating too much again. I know what you mean and where you are coming from. But, it is SO much better than the alternative. I wish I could have had an AHA moment then (when I was your size). So you can have one now for me, ok?! A Little belly is better than a huge one. And if someone can not love you for you....then youl are better off without them. :thumbup:

Good afternoon all!

I'm just getting up and feeling pretty good. When I got home this morning my hubby fixed me Breakfast in bed and then I was out like a light.

Kat- I am an RN and I work on a critical care unit.

Well gotta get moving, everyone have relaxing evening.

Shar :thumbup:

ya know Jenn....I let myself get SO depressed over my belly hang that I said wth....and i started eating too much again. I know what you mean and where you are coming from. But, it is SO much better than the alternative. I wish I could have had an AHA moment then (when I was your size). So you can have one now for me, ok?! A Little belly is better than a huge one. And if someone can not love you for you....then youl are better off without them. :thumbup:

I hear ya sister, but if it was a little belly it would be good, it is to the point of a lot of hanging skin (YUCK). and yea i know, I just think if I am grossed out so would everyone else so i don't even give it a chance

lets do it together

Jenn--ya just WOW them with so much GOOD stuff, the belly yuck is a non issue. Just ask my husband, I worked with this theory for years, and he is a happy man!!!! LOL

We are not 21 any more, and quite likely the men you will meet and eventually open up to in that manner, will not be perfect either. They may be losing their hair, or the 6 pack is more of a keg.....you are not expecting perfection in him, just the same as he shouldn't b e from you......

Just MHO.........

Dazzle 'em with your other attributes!!!! LMAO!

thanks Kat

and I know, Its just so yucky

I have to shower and bed, I was at a friends who burns pine candles and I can't breathe

have a good night all

Evening everyone,

I have to weigh in--pun intended--on not losing weight. I was so jazzed when I got my band, so determined to be the best bandster I could be, and the scale isn't moving. I know why. It's not that I'm eating as many sweets as I used to, but I'm not making the right choices, burritos, Pasta, crap like that.

Jenn, you said in one of your earlier posts that you suck. Not true. The guy who gets you is gonna be one lucky dude.

I used to wonder what was wrong with me, why no guy was ever attracted to me. I've had a couple of boyfriends, but nothing that lasted, and I figured it was because I was blind, but so was one of the guys I dated, so there goes that theory.

By the way, I'm glad you guys laughed, Jenn and Kat. I think it's important for us to laugh at ourselves, and each other, too.

Anyway, I have a long way to go in this weight thing, and with my brother's illness it's just one more reason for me to not feel motivated. But my friend Ariane will go walking with me at work--there's a track there and we walk at least a mile before work. I also have a resistance program a personal trainer friend set up for us. Have I done that? Hell no!

*sigh*

Debbie

Edited by serenity55

Who was it that said you were all gorgeous? I can't remember, So I'm offering a challenge. I posted this as a thread somewhere, but I think it would be fun if y'all want to describe what you look like. I keep threatening to have someone post pics of me, but I'm not really where I want to be, as you know, since you've all read my last novela--uh, post--and that's kept me from really trying too hard.

Anyway, Michelle, I think you kinda know what I look like. But if anyone wants to describe what they look like, I'd love it, and I'll try to do the same, or maybe just get my butt in gear and have someone post pics. Night!

Debbie.

Good Morning all

I was about to say gals but figured this would be the day Plain stopped in lol

Up showered and drinking some coffee, I'm so tired. Today starts the day of nutrition and new start. I can feel I have not been good to myself.

Debbie - thanks and I hear you about the personal trainer, I hired one, paid for it and went to 2 sessions. I have an elliptical sitting here looking at me every day and I'm just too tired to care.

As for describing me - hmmmmm I know I see myself different than other people see me so I'll be nice..

I am 5'5" 175lbs. I am the type of person who carries my weight throughout my body, so I am well proportioned. I have long dark brown hair, which is usually in pig tails or 2 braids due to my glorious job requiring me to wear a hard hat every day. I love my job, where else can you go to work in jeans, tshirt and work boots and get to hang with 1200 guys all day????

Well, I guess I should go get ready for work, going to be a cool week mid 60's most of the week so I have to grab a long sleeve shirt to wear under my tshirt, and most of them are still put away from the spring

Have a good day everyone

Suzanne - hows your trip?

hmmm, i do not want to describe my looks before my 2nd cup of coffee. I just do not have the strength to go there yet. LOL

I will be back in a bit. Macy has a dentist appointment so we need to get ready for that and then school. I will be back later.

Have a good one everyone!

Good morning~

Having a hard time getting going this morning. Kinsey is on the bus, and I need to get ready to take my Mom to town shopping. Ugh.....just lazy!

Describe myself.....tall, 5'9"......unlike Jenn, my weight is not evenly distributed!!! I am built more like a linebacker! I carry my weight up top, broad shoulders, large chested.....and narrow hipped. I have never ben able to buy sets of clothes, I have always had to do separates.

I have dark blonde/light brown hair....long, way longer than I want it to be right now, but I am growing out bangs, then will do what I want with it! It is wierd hair!!! It used to be straight and much lighter blonde! Then following chemo, it has become extremely curly, to a point of frizz in some areas, and merely wavy in other areas. I straighten it most days, other days let it go!!!

Large eyes, blue gray in color, bony nose, thin lips, wish they were fuller....but alas, they are not! A decent smile (thanks to a good dentist!!!), kind of a squared off oval face shape. Fairly small ears, fitting for my size I would say---each pierced once only.

I was told by my dentist, the face should ideally be in equal 3rds. From the hairline to the top of the nose, like between your eyebrows, then from there to just under the nose, and from there to the base of the chin, each section should measure the same......one thing in me that is exactly as it should be!!! LOL

I favor casual clothes---denim, whether it is capris or full length jeans. I like V necks in my shirts. I had to have a thyroidectomy, and t shirts, or shirts that come across the general area of my scar make me feel like I am choking. During the summer, I am in flip flops ----I have dozens! LOL

I need to wear glasses to read! Oh yeah and to drive at night. I am finding myself needing them more and more! I have contacts, and they go in fine, coming out is my issue!! But I have allergies so bad through this time, they are not possible.

Normally I wear my nails long, but with the recent wood gathering, I cut them all off short, and am thinking I like it! I wear my wedding rings, and a watch on the left, and some sort of ring (I have lots!!!) on the ring finger of my right hand.

Wish I could say my skin is tight and smooth.....unfortunately, it is much more "supple" than ever before!!! Yes I said supple, not saggy!!! LOL Wrinkles.....wow! I am getting them! Not sure how I feel about them, I want to age gracefully, but I am not enjoying the visible things happening!

OK, that is me!

I have a bit of a sore throat again this morning, and one eye is tearing again. I am so ready for this to be over! Rick was really sick again last night, he went to bed way early----like he is relapsing. I told him working as hard as he was, was not a good idea, but what do I know??!!

Well, I am going to get ready to go, so maybe Mom can be done in time for me to get Kinsey off the bus.

My baby with her loose tooth......sniff sniff!

wow Kat you are good