Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Jenn-OK, I just wanted to know when to look for it. Glad you survived your first class! I am proud of you! :blushing:

Shar-glad to hear that the nausea is gone!!

Kat-omg....Kyros? Are your relatives greek or something? lol I would call him Ky as well! Poor baby.

I hope everyone has a good day. Make smart choices!

Tracy, not a Greek bone in there! Both parents are 1/2 Navajo Indian, and 1/2 white. My nephew, and his brother, as well as their 2 half brothers, all have the initials of either DKD or KDD. So he wanted to continue that....but I was not crazy over the name, that is for sure, but he sure is a cute baby. He has a head FULL of hair!!! My neice put the video on of them cleaning him up, and his brand new baby cry, it was so sweet!

I have been busy all morning, going to be busy the rest of the day---this house is driving me nuts, it is getting a thorough cleaning!

Jenn, good for you on your class!!

Shar, so glad the nausea left, that is so scary with a band. Who would have ever thought we would put so much concern into vomitting??

Michelle, when is it you see the Dr?

I made my neighbor mad at me. She irritated the hell out of me the other day, and I let it be known so now she is being like a 12 year old!

We pulled up from cutting wood, just to see the Trash collectors did not dump our dumpster full of tree trimmings. She pokes her head out her door before I even set foot on the ground and tells me "Don't be mad, they tried to dump it, but the truck was broke, and they couldn't lift it high enough" I said to her, hell yeah I am mad, I pay for it to be emptied, broken equipment is THEIR issue, not mine--they better come back out and get it! And she keeps repeating to me "No, now don't be mad, they tried" . I am telling you, very few things in this world seriously push my buttons like someone else TELLING ME how to feel. I am perfectly capable of deciding how to feel on my own! Grrrrrr. Finally I interupted her, and told her she could repeat it, and they could have tried all day I still expect it to be dumped, and until it is I will be mad! So for the last few days---this was Monday, she will stand at her picture window if we are out, but she acts like she doesn't see me! Good Grief! Be pissy, I honestly do not care!

So a bit ago, they come with the truck, and manually dumped it. She called me immediately after they left, and yep you guessed it....I played her game,and did not answer. I was in no mood for her!!! LOL

OK----time to get off my butt and back to work, or my house will end up half done! Have a good one everybody----will be back later on!

WoooHoooo Happy Dance!!!!!!!!

Manda's tests come back with better results than hoped for. It is still eventually coming out, but there is not a current cancer diagnosis!!!!

Thank You God!!!

WoooHoooo Happy Dance!!!!!!!!

Manda's tests come back with better results than hoped for. It is still eventually coming out, but there is not a current cancer diagnosis!!!!

Thank You God!!!

:thumbup: that is SUCH GOOD NEWS!!!

Kat-that makes me mad too....someone telling me i am wrong for how I feel about something/someone. THAT pushes my buttons....but then again, some of you gals know THAT all too well already. LOL :thumbup:

Kat, that is WONDERFUL news!!!! Manda must be SO relieved! I am!!!!

I see my new doc on the 20th.

Congrats on the new baby in the family! I actually kinda like the name! LOL!! I would call him Ky too tho. :thumbup:

Angela, my clothes are tight too. Dammit. :thumbup:

Shar glad you're feeling better.

Jennifer, busy girl! Yikes!!!

Mom was here for a quick visit. She just left a bit ago to head home. She got to spend time with my sis too before coming to see me. That made her feel better. She's been so worried about her. Still is but she was happy to see her.

Well, off to town for some errands and then it's the first football game of the season tonight!!! I don't know who's playin' and couldn't care less. Football is back and that's all that matters!!!! :thumbup:

Talk at ya later!

Hey ya'll

I am so out of control and am going to serious detox this weekend

Tracy - I'm so sorry, but going to sent priority so you have Tuesday

Kat - that is such fantastic news

Hi Michelle, yes It is going to be insane 12 weeks but so rewarding and worth it and I have such great support that I know i will do great, and I am going to go for my national certification. I am going to do the national Safety cert too. I think in 2 years I am going to get with a recruiter and work south per diem jobs, 2 years here, and 2 years there. DS will be old enough to get himself off the bus and he loves adventures. This is the last 2 years of my 5 year plan.... so where there is a need for me I will be there.

Safety with 5-10 years experience, cert, and emt makes anywhere from 90-120k year... plus per diem and housing. I can keep my house and still make almost 3 times what I am now.

Well, have a good night all, I'm going to fall over I'm so tired

Kat, that is wonderful news!!!!

Hi y'all!

Jenn, EMT? I used to say that if I were sighted I'd be something in the medical field, until I read a book called White Coat, White Cane, about an MD. I'd want to be something like a brain surgeon. Hahahaha! Can't wait to hear your medical adventures! All the hard work will be worth it.

Kat, good news! Cancer is a scary thing, and runs through my family. My brother was just diagnosed with pancriatic cancer, and I've already lost my mother and two sisters to it.

Michelle, thank you for reminding us of the date for your doctor's appointment. I thought that's what I remembered.

Think I'll weigh myself tomorrow. Then I'll have to come and tell you all the truth. I don't think I could do a ticker, so I'll just change the numbers--hopefully they'll go down, not up!

Debbie

Jenn-sounds like you have long term goals. I know you will do great! Now all you have to do after that is move here :thumbup:

Debbie-sorry to hear about your brothers diagnosis. Cancer is a horrible thing. I lost my dad to brain cancer 11 years ago.

Angela-how is football going for ds? When are the games? I would love to show up one night!

GO SAINTS!! :thumbup: Had to throw that in there. Yes, I love my cowboys but I LOVE me some saints too! Macy is going to her aunts house after school, and Frank is on nights so I will be all alone tonight. Sounds like chick flick night to me! I need to go get some popcorn (or not). Popcorn is better than ice cream though, right?

Have a great day everyone! :thumbup:

Hey y'all, thanks for sharing in my happiness over Manda's good news. There are still visible lesions, that indicate cellular changes, so he prefers to remove fairly soon, but will be able to schedule it, and not have treatment. Yeeehaw!!!

We took my MIL and FIL to Breakfast today (Rick is off) for MIL's birthday. Then we come home, split the rest of our wood, and stacked it, then went out to their place and split about 3/4 of a cord and stacked it too. Then my back give out. The splitter is low, and my FIL got a chair and sat there and run it----which is just a lever to push forward and then backwards. The work is loading the wood into the splitter, then picking it up off the ground and stacking it afterwards.....now I am tired!!

Looks like we will go with them to dinner too. My SIL that lives here, took off to Denver with no warning, something to do with her DD. I was shocked, it is her great grandbaby that was just born.....and is home now, as of this morning! They made him stay an extra day because his blood sugar was too low, he refused to eat. They made him mad, and finally he ate....and up come his blood sugar!

Anyway, there is no one else to take them out for anything. We figured, since his Mom always favors this sister, she would be taking them to dinner, so we did breakfast-----and she called while we were having breakfast, saying she was headed to Denver to get her DD. So now MIL wants to go to a mexican restaurant, a friend owns, and no one to take her!! Tag we are IT! LOL

I did some medical field stuff, for awhile----years ago, and then more recently, in the optical side. When I took the recent job, I took it expecting to be in the lab full time, well then they morphed me into the front office, and I hated that!!!

I ran labs for several years in the past.....like it a lot, I like that side of it, not the patient side!! I have no patience for patients!!!

My DD was a nurse for several years, and now works oilfield in scheduling, and as an admin assistant.

Here where we live, they combine so much of the EMT and the firefighter stuff, I am not sure what the requirements are anymore. One of the advantages of the career, are that it is in demand wherever you go, and usually simple state by state certifications can be obtained.

Hang in there Jenn---and have fun with it!

Yeah Debbie, we have some cancer history ourselves, which is why we were so worried about my DD. I am a survivor. We lost my Grandma to it.

Was a major relief. You know, being a survivor myself, I EXPECTED her to live through it, it was not a fear for her life, which may sound very naive and strange, but, the survival rate for that type of cancer is high, I was just devastated thinking of her trying to be a single Mom to a young child, and going through the chemo. To work full time, and raise a child alone is enough. Chemo, when you have no real responsibility other than your next treatment, is enough----combine the 2 and it seems so overwhelming. I was scared for that.

I imagined Kinsey's fear, as her Mommy got sick, and lost her hair.....was those thoughts that had me so worried. What a tremendous relief!!!

Years ago, my Mom bought my FIL a popcorn bowl, that was made to look like an old chamber pot (under the bed potty thing they used), and it had this cute little poem on it. He LOVES it, uses it all the time. MIL is put out, he does not want anyone else using it, her the grandkids, no one!!! So I found a really cool red enamel painted stainless steel popcorn bowl in Target. It says popcorn on it, and has things painted on it! Bought her that, some Orville Redenbacker Movie popcorn, and 3 movies for her birthday. she was thrilled! Buying movies for her is difficult, she wants no bad language, or sex scenes, or anything, but doesn't want kid movies either! The advantage is, she does not go to movies, and you can pick anything, and she has not seen it!

Well, Manda and her new "friend" are taking Kinsey on a canoe ride tonight around the lake......I threatened her with a beating if she did not sit down and be still on it!!! She will have a life jacket, but I AM a Granny, and I AM allowed to worry!!!

Hope Suzanne is having fun!!! I really should clean house, and prepare for company, but I am lazy, and she has never been here, but she knows that about me, and will accept my house as is!!! LOL

Gonna go get busy----see y'all later!!

Hey all

just relaxing for a few, watching the news and gonna get ready for EMT class. Monday I get sworn in to FD and Tuesday at drill I get my gear and scanner.

I found a breeder that is having a litter in October which will give me a puppy in December, just in time for Xmas and for me to be finished with my classes. I'm excited and can't wait.

So any good plans for the weekend?

Oh Tracy, yes I do have goals and if I travel and do contract work out of state it will be south... possibly even TX for a couple years, as long as I make good money and they pay my living expenses I'm good!

Jenn-what kind of dog?

Good morning everyone. Just here having cup o java #1

I am just gonna hang here today and enjoy the quiet. Hope you all have a great day.