Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Shar..(?right?)...congrats on the -5. I am like Kat and have a 4 cc band too. I have 1.0 in there and can (sometimes) eat a horse.

I know I need to get another fill but I am losing with what I have right now so I will wait a while longer.

Wow ladies I have caught myself one heck of a cold! The sore throat started yesterday and the sneezing, runny nose, watery eyes is in full force this evening. I just took 2 benedryls so I am going to be sleepy really soon.

Have a safe and happy Labor day everyone!

Kat-that is a cute story about Kinsey. Made me smile :biggrin:

Tracy, I am thinking you might have shared that cold with me! I have sneezed about 100 times today, and just feel kinda blah.....hoping it is allergies to the millions of weeds that sprouted up everywhere with all the rain we got a couple of weeks ago.

We rode up to CO tonight, and had a GREAT time. While we were in Sturgis, we planned to buy a flag---not to fly, but to hang in Ricks shop. We forgot, remembered it when we were in the shop the other night. Well we found one tonight, but it was the 69+1 one, we were not fond of. He said he thought he might have a different one, and he had 1!!! Only 1!!! It has a bike in front of Mount Rushmore, and has Sturgis 2010 on it. We would have paid upwards of $25.00 for it there, we bought it tonight for $8!! They had lots of Sturgis T's too!!! LOL figures doesn't it!

We listened to a couple of bands, would have listened to more, but this drunk ass woman, decided she had had enough to drink to start flirting, outrageously! WITH ME!!!!! Not Rick, ME!!! Telling me how much she loved my eyes, and I was a beautiful F'n woman, and was life being good to me----was a bit much for me, so we left, and went looking around! Finally went to dinner, and come on home. Will ride the loop to the other rally tomorrow hopefully, then take his bike up to show on Sunday.

Hoping this is not a cold so I feel up to doing all these things!

See ya tomorrow!!!

Jenn-what is the news? I see you there!

Good morning everyone-my throat is still on fire and all the other symptoms I listed out before. Ugh...so much for MY weekend.

Thanks Jenn-I needed that :scared2:

Now I have yesterdays mascara streaming down my face. It's all good. :biggrin:

Muah! love ya sister

Good morning!

Kinsey was having problems getting moving this morning, so I thought if I got off my butt and did something maybe she wouldn't feel so put out!! It worked in both ways, my laundry is almost done, and she got up and got with it too!

Yeah, Jenn, I enjoy having lunch with Rick, I wish he was here in town, or I was there, it is a pain driving back and forth, and it isn't far, but drivers here are morons....make that MORONS!!! Ask Terri, they have no idea what merging for traffic is, and they don't "get" the slow lane/fast lane concept. They like to play games, and go down the hiway --- which the state determined is still going to be 55 mph, side by side going 40 mph. Now at any given time, one of those cars could be my MIL!!!! But she is not playing games, she just drives S L O W!!! And is fine with backing traffic up 20-30 cars. Makes me crazy!!! OH that would drive me absolutly crazy! I am so glad i go against traffic to work, I don't have to deal with people, oh wait, there are not many people on the road at that hour

This is funny---only because she had no clue what she was saying was wrong----but you know what I mean.

Last night I went to dinner with Manda and Kinsey. During dinner a derby friend of Manda's come up and was complaining of issues in their league, and she sat down and was talking to Kinsey, they share a birthday, and she always give Kinsey gum. Anyway, she asks her if she started school, when Kins said yes, she ask her --like she was so grown up now---well have you decided what you want to be when you grow up? Kinsey tells her she thinks she will be a builder, then in the next breath in total seriousness she says "But I am NOT going to be a Mexican when I grown up!" We were all stunned. Now the gal talking to Manda was not hispanic, but we all first tried not to laugh. Then Manda tells her that wasn't very nice, that they know lots of people who are Mexican and they like them. Kinsey's eyes got really big and said " We do????" So Manda tells her that Rick (her friend not Dad) is Mexican, so is Aunt Betty, and Kinsey was saying," but they are nice and DJ says Mexicans are not good!" Manda told her just like President Obama is Black skinned, Mexican people usually have darker skin than us, but not as dark as the president, but skin color isn't what makes us good or bad, or nice or mean, or pretty or not. She takes it all in, then she says "Wow, I know some Mexicans and I like them all!" We had to laugh then......one person---DJ is her neighbor----says something bad, and she was gonna believe it. Thank goodness she said it to us, and not at school! Coming from a sweet child I probably would have laughed too, but good thing said to you guys, and Go her for wanting to be a builder!

LOL, well I am off to get my riding clothes off and my riding clothes on!!! LOL----yeah you read right, and I am not losing my mind!! I'm jealous

Went with Kristin today and rode the horses for about 2 hours. Now I am changing so when Rick gets home we can get on the bike and go to CO to some of the rally!! Again very jealous, I want to go horseback riding, maybe fall rates will be better. I'm going to find some fall rate cabins up north and take a few weekend trips with kids. I want to hike and just hang outdoors.

Will be back later, or tomorrow sometime.

15 cc band, wow! I know they say they are much safer on the stomach, than the old skinny models like mine!! Mine holds a max of 4 cc!! I have less than .50 cc in mine. Hope this is the magic fill for you! Ditto, I have 4cc band and 1.25 is my lose weight sweet spot. I have not had a fill or check in almost a year so I'm sure I am down to about 1cc at most. I hope to have health insurance next month, talked to BIL the other day and I'm going to get one. Stupid 25lbs to go and I just can't get there.

k y'all see ya later!!!!

Hey all, just finishing my coffee and going to clean my room and get ready for George to come pick me up.

So, My boss got demoted to my equal and I have a new boss coming in Tuesday. The original plan was that she was to be removed from site and I was going to back up the new manager to learn what has to happen behind the scenes (he does not use computers so I was going to help with typing/making plans) and was going to take over the time sytem. Well, they let her stay, although she only has 1 small building and starting Tuesday I will be transitioning to her building as well as my 3 other, as we phase out of my small one. So to get different news last night caught me off guard but I do understand why he needs her to be there out in the field, no one knows what she does so it will be helpful to know.

Last night after work, I went out with BIL and one of the superintendents. When Super left, BIL and I had long talk, he told me he wants me to tell her "he wants me to be aware of how to use the time system and if she has a problem with it to call him". I told him about how she scheduled me to work last week and then at 3pm told me I couldn't and then noon on Friday that she was going home and I had to stay, and when he asked what she does I told him she is in field but lots of meetings idk what she does. I told him how the Iron workers came up to me last week and asked me to take care of something for them because they would much rather deal with me, and how she told me she was doing work at home but was on her friends porch while kid was at fair doing paperwork. How do you charge time while visiting? If you charge home time, then go home and focus and finish work and that is that. she would never let me charge time .... but no longer an issue, I already worked with new boss, and he wants me there with foreman to get guys going, and he likes my new co worker but does not agree, and they all know she plays power trip games.

BIL was shocked and said she is not going to last and just wants us to know where everything is.

Main company still does not want her on site and they will probably hammer her or push her out either way, but new boss is there for "recovery period" for the damage she did with our dept and company as well as myself. I had rough day yesterday, did my own damage control as well as had to deal with a discrimination complaint..

Wonder why I'm so exhausted, its mental more than anything.

Anyone have good plans?

Tracy - come visit :thumbup:

I am going to spend day with George and next 2 I'm going to make my first batch of homemade smoked Jerky and finish my class.

Hugs and kisses to ya'll

wow that was long, sorry

HI TRACY :biggrin:

Kat? 55???? I would lose my mind. The speed limit here is 70, unless you are going through the city and then it is usually 60. We may talk slow, but we like to drive fast. My classes this year are quite a bit lower. I have all of the ELL kids, so my homeroom is half Hispanic. Even though they speak English, it is harder for them to learn what I am teaching. They hear it in English, then translate it to Spanish in their little heads, then they have to translate back to English to give their answers. It is a lot of work for them. We looked at the standardized scores from their third grade tests last year and it was depressing. I have a LOT of work to do. Interim grades are due on Tuesday, so I have to spend this weekend working. I already met with my partner teacher yesterday after school, so I have next week planned, but those grades demand my attention.

Jenn, it sounds like the work situation is going to be better soon since it seems people are aware of the crap that woman was dishing out to you and others. Oh, and I hope your classes go well. You are going to be a tired person for a while.

Tracy, go to the doc!!! And, get some rest. You are right about the hurricane fund. I live far enough inland that we don't usually have to evacuate, but going for 1-2 weeks without electricity in the Louisiana heat doesn't really do it for me, so when it happens, I have to find a way to get cool. Katrina hit and then the next month Rita hit, so for Rita, we left and went to Tenn. Craziness.

Shar, congrats on the weightloss!

Michelle, I am glad you were able to get that tree down. $100 is not bad. I have a dang tree I need down and I pretty sure finding someone to do it for $100 is not going to happen.

I just found out that a lady that I used to work with a long time ago died. She was on her way to her car after a hs football game and got hit by a car. :biggrin:

I just don't understnad how things like this can happen...

Kat? 55???? I would lose my mind. The speed limit here is 70, unless you are going through the city and then it is usually 60. We may talk slow, but we like to drive fast. My classes this year are quite a bit lower. I have all of the ELL kids, so my homeroom is half Hispanic. Even though they speak English, it is harder for them to learn what I am teaching. They hear it in English, then translate it to Spanish in their little heads, then they have to translate back to English to give their answers. It is a lot of work for them. We looked at the standardized scores from their third grade tests last year and it was depressing. I have a LOT of work to do. Interim grades are due on Tuesday, so I have to spend this weekend working. I already met with my partner teacher yesterday after school, so I have next week planned, but those grades demand my attention. wow interim grades already.. my kids don't even go back to school until next week

Jenn, it sounds like the work situation is going to be better soon since it seems people are aware of the crap that woman was dishing out to you and others. Oh, and I hope your classes go well. You are going to be a tired person for a while. Yes I hope it helps a lot, I have put up with so much shit...I probably will be tired but it is only until 12/16 and that last week I have written exam 12/11 and practical on 12/16 so only 3 months and will be well worth it

Tracy, go to the doc!!! And, get some rest. You are right about the hurricane fund. I live far enough inland that we don't usually have to evacuate, but going for 1-2 weeks without electricity in the Louisiana heat doesn't really do it for me, so when it happens, I have to find a way to get cool. Katrina hit and then the next month Rita hit, so for Rita, we left and went to Tenn. Craziness.

Shar, congrats on the weightloss!

Michelle, I am glad you were able to get that tree down. $100 is not bad. I have a dang tree I need down and I pretty sure finding someone to do it for $100 is not going to happen.

I just found out that a lady that I used to work with a long time ago died. She was on her way to her car after a hs football game and got hit by a car. :biggrin:

I just don't understnad how things like this can happen...

that is horribly sad

Had a great day with George, he is on the road again - he had an appointment here so had to go, but enjoyed anyway - might come back to do some training next week and will be here for the weekend at the end of the month

Well, going to have a flatbread subway sub I'm starving

Good morning everyone~

I chat wth Suzanne on fb last night and she said she is not able to get on LBT from the hotel. She said to tell all of you hello and she will post as soon as she is able to. She is having a great time :)

I have good news and I have bad news. The Bad news is I ate some REAL ice cream last night. The Good news is it was flavor(s) I have never had and they were GROSS. :smile:

DH is on his first of 4 days off. I am glad he is home to help me out in my attempts at being a slug. These sinuses are kicking my butt!

Have a great day everyone!

hey all

HI TRACY!

working on finishing up my class today and tomorrow, its going to be long lazy day, I can feel it. I didn't sleep well but starting my next lesson... ugh

Good morning all! Having a lazy Sunday with my hubby, enjoying the peace and quiet. All of the kids are here and there. My daughter started a teaching job in Washington, DC two weeks ago, I spoke with last night and she is loving DC. I wish she were closer to home. My middle son is a junior at IPFW, and he decided to not come home for holiday weekend. I thought all the quiet would be sad, but I have to admit I'm lovin' it. :smile: Catch you guys later.

Shar

Hello everyone,

I've been lurking off and on ever since this thread was started, but never said anything because I was sure I'd jinx it and it would stop. I feel like that's happened before.

Anyway, I wanted to "out" myself, and say that I think you're a terrific bunch of people, and I've enjoyed reading your posts whenever I do check in.

I don't know if I have anything to add; it seems like most of you are parents and lead pretty busy lives. I'm not married, and though my life can be interesting I do have lots of down time, too.

Anyway, I just wanted to say how great you all are, and thank you Tracy, for starting this thread. It's really a great one!

Debbie

Welcome Debbie! Some of us are married, some are not, some have kids, some do not, some of us (ahem yours truly) are older than the others!!! We all get along despite all the differences!!

We have our bands in common, but it has gone beyond that...and we genuinely care about one anothers lives, and in our world where getting out and chatting with your neighbor everyday seldom happens....we have each other!

Please feel free to join in, it is wonderful to have new voices, and opinions, and ideas!!! You and Shar both, please, post away!!!! Offer your support, and please accept ours when you need it!

We did a rally loop today up through CO. Rick decided not to show his bike, getting up and getting there for the register time was just pushing it!!!

We come home, mowed the lawn, moved out an old cabinet, and moved my filing cabinets to the garage, so I can make my attempt at organizing more things in ONE place, instead of some here and some there!!!

Then we went and visited with my cousin, and his gf/wife---whatever!! This cousin is very intelligent, he held a high rank in the Navy when he retired, and when he did, he adopted this hillbilly persona, and you would swear up and down he is ignorant, or slow!!! We sat out at their place, which is like living in a barn! He raises high dollar mules, and they live better than he does! I help him imprint his colts, and we have been very close for years, in spite of his new persona! Anyway we sat out there and had a couple of beers, and chatted the afternoon away.

Tomorrow we are going after what looks to be our last load of wood. The above mentioned cousin is coming with us. They offered, and acted like they wanted to go to the forest, so who are we to turn down a couple of extra chain saws running?? LOL

Just got a call from TX, and we have cows out.....I hate that, Rick will stress over it, and it isn't like we can drive down the block and look for them!

And how it is always OURS that are out, I haven't figured that out yet either!!

Tracy, hope you are feeling better! My allergies are going nuts, these weeds are killing me! I am soooooo not wanting winter, but I am almost ready for a freeze to get rid of them! YUCK! I sneeze over and over and over. Now my nose bleeds everytime I sneeze. I take meds, but all they do is make me sleepy!!! Tomorrow before we leave I am taking some sinus meds, they on the other hand wire me up! So .....

Anywa, welcome new friends, and hey to all you oldies!!!!

Everyone have a great Labor Day!!! Will check in sometime tomorrow night if I don't go straight to bed!!!

Debbie-it is so great that you decided to join us. Participation is always better than just watching. Like Kat said, we have all diff people in here. We even have one GUY that stops by to harass us on occasion. Please stick around and chat with us. We love new friends! I may be married and have a daughter but I would say I am FAR from being busy. lol Especially since school is back in. Glad to meet ya! Oh, this thread will be here....we are not going anywhere. Our friendship is beyond just the common denominator (band). We are kinda stuck with each other. Not a bad thing though! Not bad at all!

Shar-are you still having nausea with this latest fill? I have never had issues of nausea with a fill!

Terri-how are you? How is the weight loss? I am SO envious of the new band feeling! Hang onto it!

Kat-is there a new song idea in there somewhere...Who Let The Cows Out? LOL...sorry, I had to!

Jenn-haven't we already discussed my fat booty and a plane seat? LOL Give me a little time and I will be there....I promise. So...George missed ya huh? I am not surprised. I miss you too and we aren't like 'that'. LOL :smile: :biggrin:

I hope Michelle and Suzanne are having FUN!

Where the heck is Angela? I guess I need to go to Wal-Mart and find her. YooooHooooo...Angleaaaaaa.

I feel alot better this morning but I did not get to sleep until 2 AM. :smile: I HATE when I can not sleep. I used to never ever have sleeping issues. WTH?

Macy wants to get in the pool today and she has a bit of a cough. I am debating it.

Cindy...what did you have on your weekend agenda?

OK everyone :) I will pop in later. Make it a GREAT day! Follow the rules....I know I WILL!!

Edited by TracyK