Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Hello all!

I haven't been writing for a few days because I have been messing up big time. Eating everything wrong! It started with a telephone conversation with my ex-husband that turned into a loud unproductive conversation. The whole incident brought back a lot bad memories and negative feelings. So of course I turned to my former best friend FOOD!

So for the past few days I just kinda gave up (that's the way he always made me feel). But this morning I gave myself a good mental shake and counted my blessings and I'm ready to get back on track. My top blessings are my wonderful husband of three years and my great kids. I know I'm going to be just find and lot healthier (so glad I got my lap band).

So glad I found this blog and God bless you all.

Shar :thumbup:

Hello all!

I haven't been writing for a few days because I have been messing up big time. Eating everything wrong! It started with a telephone conversation with my ex-husband that turned into a loud unproductive conversation. The whole incident brought back a lot bad memories and negative feelings. So of course I turned to my former best friend FOOD!

So for the past few days I just kinda gave up (that's the way he always made me feel). But this morning I gave myself a good mental shake and counted my blessings and I'm ready to get back on track. My top blessings are my wonderful husband of three years and my great kids. I know I'm going to be just find and lot healthier (so glad I got my LAP-BAND®).

Shar....if I quit posting on days that i cheated with food, i would never be here to post. :smile: Please post in good times and bad! :thumbup: That is what we are here for.

wooohooo---you will have fun tonight T& A----altho you know typing that, T&A just means totally different things than Tracy and Angela....right? It is a rally term that they actually have T&A alley----where the girls flash away!!!

Shar, you need, to make your Ex work for you. Years ago---back in 1991, I was getting pressured to quit smoking. So I made a New Years Resolution to quit. I told everyone, I was going to quit in 90 days, I was going to have lots of support yadda, yadda, yadda. In reality, 90 days would be the 1st of April, so if I failed I could say April Fools!!! Well my DD went to see her Dad, and come home telling me, "My Daddy said you could NEVER quit smoking!" Well that was IT! It was harder than hell, but I quit because I REFUSED to let him tell her what I could do! I showed him, almost 20 years later, and guess who still smokes and who doesn't!!! He is still a smoker!

So when you want to eat the bad stuff imagine the look of amazement, when he sees you all slimmed down, and how he is gonna kick his own butt for letting you get away and get snatched up by someone else!!! LOL

Tracy is right tho, don't let him keep you away----he is not worth it!

Watering the lawn, getting things ready to go to Albq. Tomatoes everywhere, I am going to give them to Becky to can! Not messing with them myself! LOL

Geting ready to head out the door for an evening with T&A (LOL, I love it). Wish me and Darrell luck. I feel that Twang coming on.:thumbup:

Yay!!! I am so glad y'all had fun!!!

No accent at all right Suzanne???

T & A-----you know you Texans are a pretty risque bunch!!!! LOL

What now Suzanne, heading home, or more stops? Keep us updated!

Hugs!

That seriously was too much fun. Darrell and I laughed so hard we had tears coming down.

Tracy, It was such a pleasure to spend time with Macy. Next time I buy a lottery ticket I will call the little see-looker and ask her for the numbers.

Tomorrow it's off to Muskogee, Ok. That will put us about 4 1/2 hours from home. We should get home in time to watch the Chiefs game on Sunday.

It's been a great 3 weeks. I thank God for evey minute that Darrell and I got to share on this journey and I hope we have many more. But most I thank God for the chance to meet some of the most amazing people.

Kat & Rick, Thank you for opening your house and your hearts and letting us be a part of it. Darrell really enjoyed meeting Rick and seeing the shop. Next time we will stay long enough to spend time so Kinsey can get to know some people from Missouri.

Terri, it was such a pleasure to meet you. Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to fit us in. I won't look at a quilt again without thinking of you.

Tracy and Frank, Not sure if I can find words to say to let you know what a great time we had. Thank you for opening your home and your hearts and letting us be a small part of your lives.

Macy, Thank God for you. You are too sweet for words. I hope some day you overcome your shyness :thumbup:.

Angela, I wasn't sure what to expect in meeting you but whatever it was sure wasn't what we got. You are a true delight, such a great personality and I look forward to getting to know you better.

Now it's back to reality. Work calls and I really need some clean laundry. 3 weeks on the road, I need a portable washer and dryer. I can't wait to see my kitties faces when we walk thru the door. The last 3 days my sister has been calling and texting me to come home. She says the house just wasn't meant for us to be gone so long.

What great pics!!!!!!

I didn't realize that shirt was so transparent :thumbup:. And somebody QUICK!! Bring me some toliet paper to blot my greasy face, lol. Other than that...perfect!

That really was a blast! It's always a little nerve-racking meeting people for the first time...you never know what to expect.

I too, look forward to getting to know you better Suzie. You and your husband are very sweet. Tracy (as always!) is a doll and Frank is a hoot!

...and that shy baby Macy...we will have to just keep on working her out of her shell.

Peanuts, anyone??

Have a good night!!!

Angela

Just so you guys know....whatever the other two ladies tell you....I did NOT throw peanuts with and at Frank..and I most certainly did NOT have my hands on Tracy and Suzie's legs during the second picture. Nope...nuh-uh. Not me...NEVER!! LOL!!!!!!!

G'night!!

Edited by AngelaW

I just got home from planning with my partner teacher and I must say that it looks like y'all had a lot of fun tonight. I love the pics Suzanne and I hope you have fun on the rest of your trip. I am tired and going to bed. I will check in tomorrow morning. Good night!

hey all

running late for CPR class but wanted to say good morning and i'm so jealous

I need to make a trip but I don't think it is going to happen until the spring at this rate - but I am coming, maybe even in May while my kids and mom are around to take care of the dog.

anyway i'll check in when I get back, need to get dressed and run