Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Morning all

I'm up and getting ready to start the day. Crazy day and then I should calm down a bit.

Have a good one, I wish i could join you all

xoxo

Cindy-there are motels and hotels all around that area. We noramlly stay in one of the comp rooms when we get lucky :thumbup:

What is the 6th? A good day? Is it your b-day?

Nah, my birthday isn't until Nov 30th, but that is the week that Kat will be in LA. Unfortunately, it is also the night of the LSU-Bama game. I am game for about any weekend, though.

Debbie, I am sorry to hear about your friend. That was a lot of temptation you faced after the service. If all you ate was the chocolate cake, then you did better than I would've.

I hope everyone has a Magnificent Monday!

Good morning everyone!

Deb-we are in the same boat. Enough to pay bills but not really much after that. Sorry about your friend passing! I have been eating things i shouldn't too. You are right, we know how tough it is. We will do this together!

Jenn-I wish you could come too. Our time will come. AND it will be sooner than later....just have that feeling.

I am so disgusted....my face is breaking out like I am a teenager! What is up with that? My skin is sensitive so I have to be careful what to put on it too. Any suggestions?

Have a great day everyone!

Morning girls.

Back to reality this morning. At 6:30am hbby is standing next to the bed shaking me. Time to get up and hit the gym. Sometimes I just want to hate him so bad. So up I get, feed the kitties, drink my hot chocolate, get dressed and head to the gym. I walked and rode for 2 miles and then did arm exercises. Done, I'm pooped.

I did really good with my eating yesterday even with it being Hubby's birthday. I have that 5K coming up in October and I really need to get geared up for it.

Today is car cleaning. Might take hours. You should see all the dead bugs on the grill. We did our best to rid the world of this burden. There might even be an alien on there.

Looks like we made it out of Texas in time. Looks like you guys are gonna get some heavy rains. I was really amazed at the amount of humidity was there but then I realized that you were really close to the Gulf.

Sounds like you guys might be having a small get together. I would love to be a part of it. But this trip cost us a small fortune. So hubby and I decided to save up and hopefully make the trip to the North East next year. We would love to see NY City and some of those states up that way. We can also stop and see Jenn while up there.

Lots of new shows starting this week. Looking forward to them. Not sure why, my DVR is loaded with stuff I still need to watch from last year.

Make it a good one.

Good morning~ I think I am going to live, yesterday I would not have placed any bets. I was miserable sick, I slept off and on all day---I went back and forth from throwing up to sleeping all the way home from Albq. night before last, then slept all night, slept most of the day, then slept straight through from about 7 til 5 this morning, and now I feel ok. My headache is back there somewhere, like I know if I shook my head hard it would hurt---but not throbbing like all day yesterday. Stomach feels fine. 24 hour bug I guess. Glad it is GONE!

Tracy, I will do my best to hook up with you when we go to TX. Our place is about 80 miles SE of Abilene. On the diagonal, headed towards Austin. So give me a figure, and I will see what I can do!!!!

Rick and I had it all figured out last night---I was going to fly down do the time with you guys, then go to son and DIL's, and ride to TX with them and my grandsons I miss so much! Then we realized, we have to take 2 vehicles. He is driving the truck, because we have stock panels and a squeeze chute to haul down, along with a couple of ATV's. So the truck is all we can use to pull the trailer. But although it is an extended cab, it is only a 2 door. My MIL cannot get in the truck, period, and for a ride that long, it would be very uncomfortable. It is too high for her to get in, heck we use a step stool to get her in the back of the van!!!

Anyway----figure it out, and we will do our best to work with it.

Angela, your comment about blotting your face, made me think of a show I watched---about the cost of things. The same paper factory, makes the thin face blotting tissues sold in the make up areas, in small packages for high prices, that makes the toilet seat covers for businesses!!!

The paper is exactly the same! Can you believe that? They could probably make the entire blotting paper they sell from 2 toilet seat covers, that business put out free----and I have a niece you will not catch with out blotting paper in her purse! I keep telling her take some seat covers!!! LOL

Debbie, these really are great people on this thread. It is pretty easy to find nice people, and even people you really like a lot on the site in general, but to find some you can connect with, that understand your issues.....is very special.

Hope you can find some extra work playing somewhere, financial issues can be soooooo stressful! Have had my share in my lifetime!

I am going to be working for the month of October, doing election, early voting. The pay is good, and it hits right where I can buy Christmas, and pay property taxes without hitting our account at all. Which is nice. We have a medical flex account, we use kind of like a personal account! We pay our medical as we go along, and then come Oct. or Nov. and we send it in to claim our $600.00---and I use it the same way, towards Christmas, without it affecting our usual account so much.

Cindy, I am glad you are feeling better---strep infection is nothing to mess with, it is a scary infection. Cost my DD a kidney!

Speaking of losing things due to infection, did anyone watch Oprah, when she gave a house to the woman who lost both arms and legs to a flesh eating virus? She is a woman in her mid 30's has 2 young kids, and got sick---really sick, ended up amputating her limbs to save her life! She adjusted so well---it was impressive on both counts.

I don't have exact dates of when we will be in TX---I just know it has to be later in the fall, when the pecans have dropped, or are ready to be thrashed. And if years past count----we almost always end up there during our anniversary, which is the 10th of Nov. I complain, but it falls on deaf ears of my inlaws. So I figure, we can Celebrate whenever.....we won't have them forever.

So I told you we cut the big tree on the hill down. Well Rick brought ONE piece of the trunk, a smaller piece down the hill and split it to see how wet it is---and out of the one piece we ended up with 2 heaping wheelbarrows full of wood, at least 25 avg. size pieces of wood! There are another 20 of those on the hill, many of them bigger yet!

Suzanne can tell you I have no room for that much more wood!!! Will stack it somewhere, let it cure for the year.

Well I better go call my Mom, I know she is worried about me, with being so sick yesterday---and she is trying not to call, in case I am sleeping. So I will call and ease her mind!

Michelle, relax today, don't stress over your appt. tomorrow!!! We will all be there with you in heart!

Well...figure it out!!!! I meant how far from you to Comanche TX. That's all...... but it likely doesn't matter. You guys just make your plans without me.

Now my MIL called my DH at work on his cell as she does when she wants me left out of the issue. And she wants him to go to TX TODAY! Right now!

Seems we (as in Rick and I) have a cow and calf that somehow got out and in the neighbors field. Well we have family there, that spoke with the neighbor, not a big deal, so he knows, we are this far away, and to be quite honest, he has NEVER lifted a finger to do a damn thing to the common fence. We put it in, WE maintain it---meanwhile it also fences his animals in. So no biggie. Well now my FIL has a cow out and all hell breaks loose. They MUST get down there and fix it, ASAP!

The trip costs no less than $600.00 in fuel and food, not to mention they want him taking 4 days off unpaid or use our vacation. Do they pay for it? Oh hell no.

We know with another cow out, we need to fix it or they will all find the opening. But ya know, only a quarter of that friggin' property is ours, we might be fencing for one of the siblings while they stay at home, not losing any time from work, and will it ever be made up to him.....nope!

I think the thing that totally pisses me off, is I am not going to get to see my grandsons now in November. It breaks my heart, because if they think I can afford 2 trips, they better start thinking again.

OK.....headache is back. They piss me off so frikkin bad, I am not fit company..............

Morning! Just a quick stop-in before my appointment. Looking forward to meeting the new doc and getting him to put me on the right path to figuring out what's wrong with me. Not nervous at all. He'd just better play along like a good little boy or I'm dropping his ass before I even leave the office! :thumbup: I am NOT messing around! LOL!!

I'll catch up with y'all later! Hugs, my friends!!!!

Michelle, good luck with the Doc. Hope you get some satisfaction from your visit.

Kat, I hate when things are one sided. That happens alot around here. Seems Darrell and I do everything while the others just sit back. That's why I didn't feel guilty being gons so long. Let them do for themselves.

There is a funeral tomorrow at our church so I ran to the store and bought Ham, Turkey, Angel food cake, Cookies and bread to take over to church. I stopped by Wal-Greens and took my camera card in and had pics made for some of the pictures. Got all the bug juice washed off the van and vaccumed out. A few other things and now I'm back home again to relax for a little till we start mowing this evening.

This morning on GMA the did an episode on Teen and young adults struggling with Obesity. One got the sleeve and one got the Band. They are both happy with their choices and would do it all over again. It was a good little story.

Michelle, Another bump in the road. You will find the strength to endure. You've come this far in life, you ain't done yet.

I will be keeping you in my prayers that all runs smoothly for you.

Well Michelle, I am so sorry the diagnosis was not positive, but at least you know now what you are dealing with, and can begin treating the symptoms as they arise. The unknown, and being treated like you are just whiny or drug hunting is horrible.

We will keep you in our prayers, and be with you here during the highs and lows as you deal with this.

When you feel like crying, and feeling sorry for yourself, we understand----and are here for you during those times.

As you learn about it, please keep us informed too---we can better help you through the hard times, if we too know what is going on.

If you need help, ask your sister, it might help her to help you right now.

Nothing much changed on the TX deal. Looks like Rick, maybe both of us will be leaving either Sat. afternoon or Sun. morning. I have a family reunion on Fri. night and Sat. I told him it pissed me off, he missed the last one, because he was out of town working. So much to his Dads unhappiness, he put him off from tomorrow until Sunday. Tuff cookies! He is jumping through hoops for them anyway.grrrrrrr

So he tells his Dad he is going to go down, and then when we go in November, he is selling ALL our cows. His Dad did not like that!!! That is his ace in the hole, when he needs to go, he backs it with something to do with ours as well. So....that means in order to keep his ag tax break, he either has to come up with and buy more himself, or grow crop, or something. Rick has tried to convince him to sell their cows, and lease the land for grazing---which would maintain the tax break. He says he would rather die----which is such a mind trip it just pisses me off, and upsets Rick.

So anyway---if I up and disappear.....you will know why and where. Tracy I looked it up and I am about 5 hours directly NW of you. If we can figure it out in Nov. it would be better, this is going to be down, gather in cattle fix the fence, and head back home, hopefully in 3, max 4 days. Kills me to do it.

Suzanne, I am mailing a package your way probably tomorrow---keep an eye out!

Again, hugs to you Michelle----we are here with you.

Ditto what Kat said. Sorry for the drive-by post earlier. I jump on and off all day during work and I just felt the need to let you know we cared. As soon as I had another spare few minutes I looked up Lupus. I too would like to learn more about it.

Michelle, we are your friends...through the good and bad. Let us help you through this, k??

Kat...boy, grrr!! You guys get walked on a lot! I would enjoy meeting you in Texas as well...but on your terms!!

Fixing to get out of here and head home. Have a good one!