Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

I could sit here all day, got most of the kitchen cleaned up but i think I'm going upstairs, my room is trashed because I am to the point were i need to get rid of clothes, ok been there for a few weeks, but when stuff doesn't fit, it just gets thrown around.

Walked, today is my easy day so I figure cleaning is something I have been putting off, so good day to get it done!

I'm sure I'll be back soon. lol

Tracy, I feel a little better while the fever breaks, then it comes back and it hurts again. I had to get up and take my children to school and then go to my classroom and get the sub work ready. I also sprayed the entire classroom with disinfectant so my kiddies don't catch it. I called a student who is out for the third day, and yep, he has the flu also. My only concern is my lungs. I have asthma, and my doc said if my chest begins hurting I have to go immediately to the ER.

Jenn: I would love to join the challenge, but I am certain I won't lose 10 lbs by October. I am doing the Thanksgiving challenge and have 11 to lose before then. You can add me, but I doubt I will make it....Just don't judge:tongue2: Starting weight 221.:scared2:

Tracy, I feel a little better while the fever breaks, then it comes back and it hurts again. I had to get up and take my children to school and then go to my classroom and get the sub work ready. I also sprayed the entire classroom with disinfectant so my kiddies don't catch it. I called a student who is out for the third day, and yep, he has the flu also. My only concern is my lungs. I have asthma, and my doc said if my chest begins hurting I have to go immediately to the ER.

Jenn: I would love to join the challenge, but I am certain I won't lose 10 lbs by October. I am doing the Thanksgiving challenge and have 11 to lose before then. You can add me, but I doubt I will make it....Just don't judge:tongue2: Starting weight 221.:)

Take care of you and my kids have astma, so that is good to know, I better start drilling the little one who won't say anything...

As for the challange, I'll put you on there, just a little extra motivation - hey you never know, maybe that added check in will help and you will blow your thanksgiving goal out of the Water :scared2:

Well, I'm a happy little clam... I'm cleaning my room and now fit into my non stretch Old Navy pants that were given to me ....If my legs were not so big they would be perfect right now! but I would say, 5lbs and they will be perfect!

that just makes me so happy

:scared2::cursing: I had asthma and then had a situation and went into shock..no joke and long story but to those with asthma PLEASE be careful :wub::smile2: that is why I am very careful presently with the exercise :w00t::frown::huh2:

TO JEN and all us motivated 10 lb loss challenge :tt2::ohmy:

I can not figure out what my new weight is to start. My DH :wub: played with my scale last night :ohmy:. So, I range between 280 and 290 on the crazy :tt2: DH :) scale :mad: so till I go to the baratric surgeon.. who knows what my weight really is.......

I decided that if I put my feet at the top and marked my size 11 feet in a certain way that is the position that I will weigh myself for this challenge :) :wub::thumbup:My goal is to stay motivated and have a place to complain with ... so I will honestly stay at that position on the scale and use :thumbup::cursing::w00t: 290 :w00t::cursing::w00t: as my starting weight.

:lol::lol::lol: the true joy is when I weigh myself at the Bariatric Surgeon in November or if I run over to be weighed at his office :eek::eek::eek:

God help us and the smallest butt wins :w00t::blink:

Laura

that is ok... look lose 10 and go to the dr and find out your scale was high and you lost 15 or 20??? LOL

I am on a mission, so if anyone would like cooking ideas let me know, I am a killer cook and have learned to alter everything!

Laura

that is ok... look lose 10 and go to the dr and find out your scale was high and you lost 15 or 20??? LOL

I am on a mission, so if anyone would like cooking ideas let me know, I am a killer cook and have learned to alter everything!

I for one love to cook ... that was the reason that people never took my previous weight loss journeys seriously... I have lost only becasue of the yummy foods

I for one vote for recipes :scared2:

If we post... mastered an easy easy blueberry no cook taramiso as an alteration from a fat assed recipe found on the web

Also.. I hope everyone is grilling or steaming their peaches.. omg..to sweet to explain... I can not eat the skin.. but yummo:ohmy::):ohmy:

I also love to cook. If any of you have the 'Eating Well After WLS' cookbook, the chicken with Fresh Figs recipe is incredible. This weekend I'm going to try the Pork & Fresh Plum Sauce.

Laura, I'd love to have your no-cook Blurberry Tiramisu recipe.

God help us and the smallest butt wins :scared2::blink:

HAHHAHA Cute...

Ok I will jopin the challenge, but I'm not holding my breath to lose 10 lbs. I have been stuck at 175 forever. I had my upper GI on wednesday and the radiologist told me it didn't look normal, so Kaiser calls today and says that my band is too high up, and they will call me with an appt to come in to talk to the dr. Now this is the same Dr5 that it has taken me 7 months to get an appt with, When I went on my husband plan in Feb I asked for a bariatric appt and was given a whole bunch of BS about No coverage for bariatric, Well long story short, they have it, just had to drive 3 hours to get there, no prob I say, then it took almost 7 months to get the dang Appt.

Now theres a problem and guess what, hubbys stupid work is changing providers and will no longer have Kaiser as of,,, Oct 1st. *^%^$#@%^

So I am waiting to talk to this kaiser dr to see what he thinks, I also have a call into my Band Dr that placed my band 2 yrs ago and I had the test results faxed to his office and want to see what he thinks. It will cost me $350 to chat with him, but I value his opinion, I really really like him, But for him to fix my band wont be covered under insurance, old or new... Sigh......

Maybe the stress will cause me to lose 10 lbs,,hehehe J/K not how I want to lose weight.

Ok have a good day everyone.

Home for a little break and than headed back to work.

I have my weight from my last appointment 2 weeks ago. I will go Oct. 26th. for my next appointment. I will take what the loss is and let you guys know.

Started the day out really good but now I'm getting tired. That's when I make really bad decisions. Going back to work will help keep my mind busy.

Keep motivated.....:eek6:Keep motivated.....:eek6:Keep motivated.:scared2:

I kow it is bad.. but I on't eat fruit... never, the closest I get is lemon in my Water.< /p>

I usually don't do sweets either, I have been completely off sugar since Aug 1, so I don't even have a desire for it. I do love to cook, simple quick good things. Love garlic and cyanne. I think tomorrow I'm going to make scallops with zuccini, I really wanted it tonight but no time. I also made incredible chicken parm with french fried onions as a coating... and ps.. they are also good and low cal as a salad topping.

DD gets a bagel sand every morning to start her day ...

well, i just had another salad, don't know why wasn't hungry but it was so good, have to get ready for Homecoming game.

it is so cold out!

it is so cold out!

It isn't possible to comprehend cold in September where I live. It is still in the upper 80s during the day and mid 70s at night.:scared2:

Jennifur, I grew up in Schenectady and don't want to go back north in the cold weather!!!

I am with tchr, it was almost 90 yesterday and high 80's today. A cold snap is coming, they are promising 79 degrees, LOL!!!!

Mimi

Jennifur, I grew up in Schenectady and don't want to go back north in the cold weather!!!

I am with tchr, it was almost 90 yesterday and high 80's today. A cold snap is coming, they are promising 79 degrees, LOL!!!!

Mimi

I know, Mimi. We are being told lows in the 60s by mid week.:(