Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

I am in for the ten pound Halloween Challenge :thumbdown:

and I am heading out now but when i get back will check the trackers,,thanks..jen

gotta go

Hello all

I'll work on a tracking sheet ...

Come on Tracy and Suzanne... I know you are in....

Laura - I see you... how about you?

anyone??????

I am alson on a mission and will add it to the chart as being totally optional... but I am going to be -10lbs and -10inches lost

OK I'm wound tight now, but you should all see me by 7pm, I'm ready to fall over...LOL

My name is :mad: Laura :thumbup:

OK...I will call you Laura today and tomorrow if I can not remember your name I will call you Jolly :tongue2:

Hello all

I'll work on a tracking sheet ...

Come on Tracy and Suzanne... I know you are in....

:seeya: I am IN!!! I will weigh in the morning :biggrin:

So, I went for a small fill this morning. I have had a rocky time since April when the male PA wasn't careful and overfilled me drastically, I believe. Anyway I eventually ended up with a 2 week complete unfill and then a 5.5cc fill. I knew today would be a small fill and that was fine. The female PA saw me and praised my wt loss and said I was doing good and not to worry about what was said about me being a band failure....WTF? I didn't know that I had been labeled a band failure because I was overfilled and was vomitting. I hate my doctor. He even went so far as to chart that I would probably have to have my band removed!!! All this charting because my fills made me too tight. Well, I have lost over 60 pounds in a year and do NOT feel like I am a failure!!!! I am a bit stressed over this and want to confront the Doctor, but it wouldn't make him any different and he would probably label me a hysterical female!!!!

Mimi

So, I went for a small fill this morning. I have had a rocky time since April when the male PA wasn't careful and overfilled me drastically, I believe. Anyway I eventually ended up with a 2 week complete unfill and then a 5.5cc fill. I knew today would be a small fill and that was fine. The female PA saw me and praised my wt loss and said I was doing good and not to worry about what was said about me being a band failure....WTF? I didn't know that I had been labeled a band failure because I was overfilled and was vomitting. I hate my doctor. He even went so far as to chart that I would probably have to have my band removed!!! All this charting because my fills made me too tight. Well, I have lost over 60 pounds in a year and do NOT feel like I am a failure!!!! I am a bit stressed over this and want to confront the Doctor, but it wouldn't make him any different and he would probably label me a hysterical female!!!!

Mimi

OMG Mimi - that is insane! First you are definately not a failure! Second... My dr told me the real results of the Band are to lose 40-50% of your excess weight, so how the heck does that make you a failure! what does he want you to be too skinny? I don't know how tall you are but my ultimate goal is 150 for me, and at 185 with clothes on... my friends are telling me I am skinny minny or I am going to blow away and there is no way I need to lose 35 more lbs! I think very different, but still...

and that was with an overfill.... YOU GO !!!!

holy smokes ... your dr makes me angry!:mad::mad2::biggrin:

mine was proud of me when I hit 208...

Tracy - OK ... I'll Be waiting for your weigh in:thumbup:

I'll work on that tonight while I am being lazy, yes I am very lazy at night, and Gray's season premier is on tonight so I'll be planted right here!

Ill join the challange!

Thanks for your support, Jen. It helps validate that my doc is the failure, not me!!! I am 5'0 and will never weigh what the charts say I should, but failure? NO WAY!!! Thank God for Donna, the lady PA at the practice. She is supportive, kind, and gentle.

Mimi

Thanks for your support, Jen. It helps validate that my doc is the failure, not me!!! I am 5'0 and will never weigh what the charts say I should, but failure? NO WAY!!! Thank God for Donna, the lady PA at the practice. She is supportive, kind, and gentle.

Mimi

I'm glad I could help, but it is so true, and look, you got the fill thing undercontrol and are only 5lbs away from your goal?! That is great

And same thing for me, my 1st ultimate goal is 175 and I am almost there, (10lbs) but I am 5'5" so I feel pretty good with myself and another 10lbs I will be very happy! so anything above and beyond that is a bonus..

So you being 5' and 140 is your goal... you have the same idealistic vision as me. It is good and You shoud be super proud!

Guys stink... jklol...

Ok, I will start on my whine fest then move to constructive talk...I felt great yesterday. I was teaching my kids and feeling great, then 2:30 rolled around and I felt like complete crap! I heard myself whining during social studies. I clamped my hands over my mouth and apologized to my kids. Five minutes later, I did it again! I felt horrible! I really thought maybe I just developed a sinus infection, since I get 1 or 2 a year, thanks to living in Louisiana. I went to school today and told them I would go to the doctor this afternoon. They said, ummmm, no go to the doctor now!:tongue2: So, I did and I have the freaking H1N1 FLU!!!!:mad: I am not surprised since we have had numerous cases in our classes the last 5 weeks. Worst part is, I had training tomorrow that I was waiting a YEAR for and now I can't go. Ok, does anyone feel the need for some cheese to go with that whine?!

Laura, I use fitday.com to journal. If I had to write everything, I would NEVER journal my food, and I do on the computer everyday except maybe 3 days per month, when I forget.

Mimi, pardon my French, but your doctor is an ass. A royal jerk. They overfill you and then want to call YOU the failure, ummmm, I think not. They need to look in a mirror to find the failure.

As far as goals go, I am also trying to be realistic. I am 5'7" and I want to weigh 175. Technically still overweight, but I remember being that weight, and I looked GOOD! So, poop on the charts that will call me fat. I will say, though, that even if I stay at the weight I am at now, I will be happy. I have gone from a tight 26/28 to a 14/16. I used to wear a 6T blue right fit jeans and now I wear the 1T blue. That was done in a YEAR! I DARE my surgeon to call me a failure! I feel GREAT! Well, except for this whole swine flu thing.:biggrin: That kinda sucks.

Tracy: did you see Kelly dance last night? She did an even better job. It was so good. I hope she does well on all the dances. I am really thinking she will be the one I am voting for this season. She has really come a long way and maybe this will give her the confidence to stay straight.

Edited by crzytchr

Ten Pound Challenge....Holy Smoke Stack. I was thinking more along the lines of 5 pounds. LOL. So, it looks like I'm in. In for a rough road. :mad: I can do this...I can do this...I can do this......

Hi Laura. Welcome to the Tall group. Actually I used to be 5'9". Somewhere in the last few years I have lost 2 inches. The scale at WW said 5'7" so the next time I was at my Docs, I had them check it. Yup, 5'7". Makes me second shortest in my family. Everyone else is ove 6 feet.

Mimi, no way on this green earth are you a band failure. Any weight loss is not a failure. Even if you only lost 20 pounds. I never remember hearing my Doc say that you had to be super skinny by your first year. I'm into my third year and still have a ways to go. At least another 70-100. You do what is comfortable for you and keep coming to us to re-assure you.

Are you sure it's a 10 pound challenge. :biggrin:

I better get started.

Thank you Suziecat and CrzyTchr. I am calming down now and can even see a little humor in the situation!!!!

Gosh if I could do a 10 pound challenge I would be under goal!!!!!

Crzytchr I am so sorry you have the H1N1, I hope you get well VERY soon!!!!

Mimi

Mimi, your dr and my Dr must be brothers. Mine wants me to weight 120 and 135! HAHAHHAHAHHAHA I tell him everytme I see him, it isnt going to happen. He gets mad at me, tells me I'm not trying hard enough and to come in every 6 weeks for a fill.

Well doc, I'm not coming in every 6 weeks at $350.00 a fill. I dont need a fill anyways every 6 weeks. I'm 5'6 and my own goal I set is 155. I'm at 173-175 right now, have been at this weight for almost a year, so he sees me as a failure also. Uhmmm I guess he forgets I have lost about 80lbs. I dont think thats failing. And if I never lose another pound I'm ok at this weight, AS long as I dont gain a single pound. hehehehe

Freaking Dr, I told him I would look like an anorexic skeliton at 120-130....

Edited by Shalee04
add in

Mimi-I am with the others...your dr is a jerk. You have done fantastic! :biggrin:

Suzanne-awww you CAN do this. If I can, you can. And guess what, if for some reason we do not make it, we will try again, because 5+5=10 (dang I am smart, huh? lol) Lets just do our best. That is what it is about, right?

Shalee-Every 6 weeks @ 350.00 per fill? :cursing: I'll bet he DOES want you to do that. LOL

Cindy-I am the same height as you. I had gotten down to 173 (before I quit smoking last year) and I looked OK but I think I looked healthier at mid 180's....like 185...so that is the magic number for me. I will re-evaluate once I get back there again. It is alot better to set realistic goals. :thumbup: Sorry that you are sick! :tongue2: I did not get to see all of DWTS last night.

Jen-I think 175 will be a perfect weight for you! You are lookin' so good. I am proud of you sista! :seeya:

Cari-how are you feeling? Any better?

So, I have done OK so far with eating. I did have a few Peanut Butter M&Ms then I gave the rest of the bag to the kids. I will post again later.

It is so good & refreshing to have new friends and a new home :mad: