Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any November 2009 Bandsters??

:blushing:

With your pre surgical testing, were the results reviewed by your primary physician or the surgeon? I am a little worried about getting my medical clearance in on time. My pre surgical tests are scheduled for Nov 3rd. My results have to be sent to my primary and she has to review it and send in the clerance to my surgeon by the 6th. Hope it all goes well without a glitch.

I am waiting on my clearance as well. I am scheduled to have surgery on the 12th but will not have the psych eval or required medical tests until the 3rd. I would really hate to be on this diet for 2 weeks and get rejected.

:blushing:

I am waiting on my clearance as well. I am scheduled to have surgery on the 12th but will not have the psych eval or required medical tests until the 3rd. I would really hate to be on this diet for 2 weeks and get rejected.

I am sure you won't get rejected. The psych eval is just a formality. They just wanna know you can handle what's to come.

Hello all! I have an appointment Oct. 20th with my doctor and I will get my surgery date on that day. I was told by the office staff that it should be about two weeks from when I meet with him. Which means I will be a November 2009 Bandster. Anyone else out there yet with a prospective November surgery date? What are you going to do to kill time so you don't get too excited and jump out of your skin like I feel like I might!

I am getting close too i went o surgeon for consult oct, 15, now i am going for pre surgery testing nov. 4, they are doing an upper gi,and another test to make sure asphacus ???? works ok hope my surgery is soon too .:blushing:

It is exciting isn't it?

Gotta say, I am hungry and it is day 3 with 18 more to go on 700 cal/day.

Hey Ladies,

I just wanted to add my journey to this long list. I started out in Aug. 2007 with my Doc and my husbands insurance carrier denied me in May of 2008 I was devestated.

Now I have my own insurance and was approved Oct. 6 and have restarted my Journey in Aug.of this year. I have a surgery date of Nov. 25th and history and physical with my doc on Nov. 12 and then get to start a 10 day liquid diet to shrink my liver.

I am so excited I cannot wait till its done and I get to start my new banded life.

Elizabeth C

Hello fellow "soon-to-be" bandsters! My surgery date is Nov. 10th and I have been totally obsessed with research. It's hard to concentrate on other things when all I can think about is the surgery. So excited and optimistic.

Me too! Everything from the bad to the good. Have you seen the youtube videos on Lap Band Surgery. Got to see it.

i'm getting my surgery on 11/18 I'm so excited.

My surgery is also on the 18th. Do you have to do a pre operative diet?

Yes I have watched several of them. Especailly with my spouse. I wanted to prepare him for what was coming.

they are pretty graphic.

Elizabeth

My name is Jessica I am 28 years old and I am scheduled to be banded on Nov 10th. I have a concern, I spoke witht the nurse today that sceduled my pre-op appointment for nov 5th.. which is just 5 days before surgery. I asked if I needed to go on a pre-op diet before I met with him and she said no. She said that the docter would give me a diet to follow when i met with him (i guess i am just supposed to follow it for 5 days). Is this normal.

WOW :thumbup: We are being banded on the same day... with the same surgeon. My pre-op appt is Nov 3 and I too was told I did not have to follow a pre-op diet. This journey has been so FAST and unbeleivable to me. I filled out the online informational request and received a call a week later from the nurse saying my request was approved and that I could schedule my appt as early as Nov 3. I chose Nov 10th because Nov 5th will be my 35th birthday.

Nov 12 for me.

Pre Op Diet starts on the 28th of Oct....

WOW :thumbup: We are being banded on the same day... with the same surgeon. My pre-op appt is Nov 3 and I too was told I did not have to follow a pre-op diet. This journey has been so FAST and unbeleivable to me. I filled out the online informational request and received a call a week later from the nurse saying my request was approved and that I could schedule my appt as early as Nov 3. I chose Nov 10th because Nov 5th will be my 35th birthday.

My surgery is the 18th. My pre op diet is suppose to be 4 day long. I'm worried about it though. I can have apple, grape, cranberry juice, broth. Decaf coffee and tea. Doesn't sound like much.

My surgery is the 18th. My pre op diet is suppose to be 4 day long. I'm worried about it though. I can have apple, grape, cranberry juice, broth. Decaf coffee and tea. Doesn't sound like much.

Yeah mines is a week before surgery so I start it on the 11th. We're less than a month away! It truly seemed like forever.

Yeah mines is a week before surgery so I start it on the 11th. We're less than a month away! It truly seemed like forever.

What do u get to eat on yours?

I am scheduled to be banded on November 18th!!!!....CANNOT WAIT