Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any November 2009 Bandsters??

Good Morning all..........I will be banded on the 5th of Nov. and am thrilled. I don't need any last hurrah, my life has already changed. We are all just snowflakes, everyone of us are different, and we must each choose our own way. Be true to yourself:thumbup:.

I'm scheduled for November 20th...as long as CareCredit approves my financing! I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

I've decided that I'll use Jay Robb's Protein for my pre-op diet. My pre-op is only 3 shakes a day + 2 lean meals for 2 weeks. I think I have it pretty easy compared to some of you!

Hi November 16 is my date to be banded. Any one from the Conroe, Tx area? I had been waiting for ins approval for so long that I called to check and was told they had not received anything on me, so called Doc and started all over. This gave me to much time to think about it, now I am back in panic mode! I am still looking forward to the weight loss.

Hello all my fellow Nov. Bandsters. My pre-op is now set for Oct. 29th. And surgury will be Nov. 2nd as of now. I can't wait and am really starting to get excited.

Hello all my fellow Nov. Bandsters. My pre-op is now set for Oct. 29th. And surgury will be Nov. 2nd as of now. I can't wait and am really starting to get excited.

That is great! Time will fly!

Hey fellow November bandsters! My surgery will hopefully be booked for November, waiting to hear back from my surgeon this week!!! Im so excited I don't know what to say! But I am also very nervous, not about the surgery but about life after the band. Will the scars be bad? will I be able to lose enough weight? Will I need plastic surgery afterwards? These are all the things that run through my mind everyday!! But overall I am so psyched!!

We are having a 'last supper' / early thanksgiving on Nov 7 since my surgery is on Nov 19 and I will miss the real turkey day...

We are having a 'last supper' / early thanksgiving on Nov 7 since my surgery is on Nov 19 and I will miss the real turkey day...

I guess you dont have a pre-op diet then? Have a Happy Early Thanksgiving!

I'm so excited and nervous all at the same time. I have a November 12th surgery date. :w00t:

I met with the NP in August and got insurance approval right away. I then did all my appointments in September and met with my surgeon end of September and he gave me my surgery date!

I just filled my prescription for Lovanox :blink: and just found out it is an injection I have to give myself twice a day for two weeks after surgery. I have a history of blood clots after surgery. So once I get the shock of that out of my system I'll be good! :thumbup:

I'm a little nervous about gaining more weight prior to my surgery date. I have been "trying" to eat better but not feeling it. lol...... My doctor didn't give me a diet prior to surgery or anything so I'm just doing this for me I guess.

Good luck to everyone and keep us informed for thos of you who have already completed surgery. :lol:

Hi All.... Got my date too... Nov 18 WooPee! I have had all my appointments except the EDG which is the 9th. I met with the nutritionist the other day and she is expecting that I will only loose 42lbs in the first year. I was disappointed. I was really hoping for like 75lbs. Has anyone else been told they won't loose that much weight the first year? Nice to meet all of you and I wish all y'all the best of luck!:thumbup::thumbup:

my doctor and nutritionist both told me I would loose the weight I want in 2 years and I want to loose 80 lbs. So yes.. they expect this process to be slow with weight loss and that's ok with me as long as it's coming off and I'm not yo-yo'ing anymore. :blink:

I guess you dont have a pre-op diet then? Have a Happy Early Thanksgiving!

I've been eating pretty healthy, and have given up soda for months now... My preop appt is Nov 9, so I can't go completely nuts on the 7th, but I will have a few last bites of pie!

I'm super excited for the 19th, and it is so nice to know there are a bunch of you out there getting ready with me!:thumbup:

Update: My surgery is set for Nov 3rd assuming all the bloodwork comes back ok, and I have no reason to think it won't. No special prediet but I'm doing a MasterCleanse right now (day 3 of 4) and then going on low carb...most likely Protein shakes for Breakfast and lunch and then a low carb meal for dinner.

I've lost most of the bloat in my belly already just from two days Master Cleanse, and I'm sure the doc will be pleased not to have to grub around in liver fat two weeks from now. Oh my gosh...just realized my blood work is being done in 2 days and then two more weeks to surgery!

Update: My surgery is set for Nov 3rd assuming all the bloodwork comes back ok, and I have no reason to think it won't. No special prediet but I'm doing a MasterCleanse right now (day 3 of 4) and then going on low carb...most likely Protein shakes for Breakfast and lunch and then a low carb meal for dinner.

I've lost most of the bloat in my belly already just from two days Master Cleanse, and I'm sure the doc will be pleased not to have to grub around in liver fat two weeks from now. Oh my gosh...just realized my blood work is being done in 2 days and then two more weeks to surgery!

mastercleanser ROCKS..... I joke with my kids I am fluffy when they cuddle with me..... now I have become squishy with the MC , I am only on day 7 !!!!!!!! I am curious how the Dr will take it ... I mean about the mastercleanser.....Did you discuss it with your Surgeon Elfie? I would think he would be happy to have an easier go since the fat is reduced! I THANK GOD I WILL NOT YO-YO back this time! I am so excited to jumpstart my weightloss. I am resetting my body for a healthful future.:thumbup:

I am curious how the Dr will take it ... I mean about the mastercleanser.....Did you discuss it with your Surgeon Elfie? .:thumbup:

I didn't, but I'll see him when I go in for my bloodwork in two more days. From a 'health' standpoint, my blood sugar is now dropping into the normal range.

I'm with you. This is a great kickstart to a new life.