Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any November 2009 Bandsters??

looks like i might be joining you all in November. i scheduled all my required dr appts within a 2 week period. so by Oct 15th i will have all my appt's in. then i sit with the surgeon again to go over results and schedule appt. yey!! i am extremely excited. i was talking to my neighbor today and she already started joking about how i am going to be skinny.. that word skinny hit me so hard.. i have never in my life been called that!! ahahhaha. so how does everyone feel about being banded before the holidays? i am actually ok with it. i will liquify my mashed potatoe and sweet potatoe.. i don't care. as long as i lose this weight already!!!!

cheers!

Hi All.... Got my date too... Nov 18 WooPee! I have had all my appointments except the EDG which is the 9th. I met with the nutritionist the other day and she is expecting that I will only loose 42lbs in the first year. I was disappointed. I was really hoping for like 75lbs. Has anyone else been told they won't loose that much weight the first year? Nice to meet all of you and I wish all y'all the best of luck!:thumbup::thumbup:

You go girl!!!!!! I agree totally with the being ok with banding before the holidays. I know I will miss a few traditional favorites. But I remember feeling sick when I ate to much, which was too much of the time. I am ready to change my eating habits with no regrets. And I have a great start on that and I feel so much better.

looks like i might be joining you all in November. i scheduled all my required dr appts within a 2 week period. so by Oct 15th i will have all my appt's in. then i sit with the surgeon again to go over results and schedule appt. yey!! i am extremely excited. i was talking to my neighbor today and she already started joking about how i am going to be skinny.. that word skinny hit me so hard.. i have never in my life been called that!! ahahhaha. so how does everyone feel about being banded before the holidays? i am actually ok with it. i will liquify my mashed potatoe and sweet potatoe.. i don't care. as long as i lose this weight already!!!!

cheers!

Congrats!!! I don't mind being banded before the holidays; I just want to be banded. I think I've eaten enough over the years to last a lifetime:lol:.

Hi everyone,

No date set for me yet but looks like it will either be the end of October or first week of November. While I've researched lap banding for a number of years, it was a fall in the bathroom 3 weeks ago that finally motivated me to move forward. It's a bit scary when you almost can't lift yourself up from the floor...a combination of weighting 260 lbs and having no upper body strength and bad knees.

Two weeks ago I had my first visit. Within 4 days, my insurance approved coverage 100%. I had my psych eval (required by insurance) done yesterday and on Monday I'll give them a call to see if they'll go ahead and set the date while they're waiting for the psych report. If they won't, then it could be 2-3 weeks (yikes!) before the psychiatrist gets them the report and then a few more weeks to fit me into the surgery schedule...still November, but probably mid to late.

I also don't mind being banded pre-holiday. It just means I won't have to lose the usual 10 pounds post holiday.

Happy Sunday everyone - I was just approved through my insurance company, and I have by surgery on 10/19 - I,too, feel like this is the light at the end of a very dark tunnel. I am excited and nervous at the same time - but I know I have made the right decision.

Having tried every diet out there, and then some, I am just ready to be ME again - and not the heavy me.

I wish you all health, happiness and kind scales!:smile:

Hi Guys and ladies. My name is Mark and I'm having my LAP-BAND® Nov 27. No turkey for me this year. My insurance continually gives me a hard time and wont pay so I'm going to Tijuana and Dr Gonzalez. Too many years of eating too excessively and now its time to do something about it. I'm having my last "hurrah" Nov 8 when I go on a cruise, and the second I get off, its liquid diet time. Is there anyone one else from Tampa? All the best to my fellow bandster's and I hope we all lose all the weight we want.

Mark

Hi all,

I just got my surgery date today. I am scheduled for 11/09/09!!!! yay finally lol. Does anyone have to do a pre-op physical? what does it consist of?

Date is Nov 18 in Northern VA with Bluepoint Surgical.

Overwieght my whole life frown.gif Finally made up my mind to do something for MYSELF and get healthy. biggrin.gif

Highest weight - 296 @ 18 (1995)

"Lowest" weight - 207 @ 25 (2003) losing on WW and exercise

Current weight - 292 - after birth of AMAZING son (he's 3 now!) and divorce of UNAMAZING husband!

I'm getting banded in November, too. I got my date, then they called and moved it up a day to November 2nd. I"m nervous!

Hi all,

Is anyone else getting that last supper feeling??? I gave up soda in june and have been doing well with out it, and today i broke down and had one with lunch, now I can't stop thinking about leaving work and bringing home a six pack, LOL. Does anyone else feel like or plan on having a last hurrah??

This is my first time posting, but I've been reading through LBT for a month or more.

I was supposed to have my pre-op appointment yesterday, but it got rescheduled for Tuesday. While on the phone with the Bariatric Coordinator, she told me that she submitted my info to insurance and set a tentative surgery date for 11/11. I was ecstatic! I have only been going through this process for 2weeks today. Even though she had me down for the 11th, I rescheduled for 11/25 (the day before Thanksgiving) because I have a trip to NY scheduled from the 4th - 8th. I can't wait. It's less than 2 months away. :thumbup:

Hello all! I have an appointment Oct. 20th with my doctor and I will get my surgery date on that day. I was told by the office staff that it should be about two weeks from when I meet with him. Which means I will be a November 2009 Bandster. Anyone else out there yet with a prospective November surgery date? What are you going to do to kill time so you don't get too excited and jump out of your skin like I feel like I might!

hi , im having mine done the 4th november in brussels am scared but soooo excited , where are you having yours done ?

Hello Sue and Stacy. Nice to meet you both.

Stacy, I know what you mean about work. I am in nursing school and can't really afford to miss too much class. Atleast this semester I am already done with clinical rotation so I dont have to worry about that. They wont start up again till January and I should be OK by then, thinner too!!! I can't believe I just used the words thinner to possibly describe myself. Seems like a dream!

Sue, I feel ya on the long waiting process. We moved from Washington to Alabama half way through the process and I had to start all over. Well lets just use the good old saying, good things come to those who wait!! Keep my posted!

i just wanted to say welcome to BAMA!!! I am seeing the same doc. as you, I bet. Dr. Robbins. I am having surgery this Thursday. :thumbup: Nervous, my knees are weak. I started the liquid diet today. If you have any Q.s let me know and again, WELCOME!!!!

I just found out from my surgeons office that I was approved for surgery, and I'm scheduled for November 13th!!! Yay!!!

I feel like I've been waiting forever on this. I'm ready for a new life.

GO NOVEMBER BANDSTERS!:)