Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any November 2009 Bandsters??

Hi Guys

I was banded on the 9th of November and am on the mushies stage now.....I can eat anything puree'd so I made myself a tuna morne' yesterday and it was yummo:biggrin:

I am having trouble sleeping at night.

My scars are up high under my chest (just under my boobs lol) and every night when i lay down in bed I can only lay on my back. If I lay on my stomach it hurts where my port is, and if I lay on my side it feels like my port is rubbing on my ribs:confused: Has anyone else experienced this????????

I am starting to get a bit stressed thinking that it will be like this forever :thumbup:

I also have more bruising comming out again around my port scar which I had to start with but am getting it again more than 2 weeks post op?

Anyone experience this sort of thing????

marquint - I totally feel you on the hunger vs stomach pain if you have too much liquid. I have tried straining cream Soups (made with skim milk) and those are better - the sweetness from the shakes is killing me. Sometimes I feel like my entire stomach is bulging out of my skin because it is full of liquid. I saw the doctor today and she said I'm doing great though - down 7 pounds since surgery. I find the hunger pains worse at night - like after 8 pm - and it is hard to fall asleep with a rumbling belly... I do feel my jeans loosening, so it will be WORTH it.

marquint - I totally feel you on the hunger vs stomach pain if you have too much liquid. I have tried straining cream Soups (made with skim milk) and those are better - the sweetness from the shakes is killing me. Sometimes I feel like my entire stomach is bulging out of my skin because it is full of liquid. I saw the doctor today and she said I'm doing great though - down 7 pounds since surgery. I find the hunger pains worse at night - like after 8 pm - and it is hard to fall asleep with a rumbling belly... I do feel my jeans loosening, so it will be WORTH it.

I had my surgery on the 18th and I have no restriction. I'm still on liquids and can drink 16oz of broth with no trouble. I haven't been hungry at all but today is the first day I have wanted to eat something. I'm guessing it's all the Thanksgiving food. I don't know but everything looks good. I'm wanting some mushies at least. I still have 6 more days of Clear Liquids (been on them for 12 days). Is it going to get better?:thumbup:

Hi Happy, I am home!

Got home today at about 5.30pm and have been feeling bad till now (its 10.30pm) and I finally feel like I am comming out of it. Dr. Horgan was as sweet as ever....Mary a doll and Mary even had her Dad with her whos a physcologist and watched the surgery. I got sent home with liquid vicoden ad it seems to be keeping the edge off....walking around a bit back and forth in my bedroom tonight so tomorrow I will try to get outside and do a few blocks. Fell super sore but haning in! WIll write again tomorrow, just wanted to say hello :thumbup:

I AM BANDED!

Hey Wharfrat, you are sweet. I hope your wife has a speedy recovery!!!! Dr Horgan is the best you know!

My brothers are wharf rats since around the ages of 9 and 10 back in New England.... what Wharf do you hail from??? LOL

hi ihave my surgery tomorrow on my wedding annaversary of all days but i saw my surgeon last week and paid for the op so tomoorrow is the first day of the rest of my life i cant wait

hi ihave my surgery tomorrow on my wedding annaversary of all days but i saw my surgeon last week and paid for the op so tomoorrow is the first day of the rest of my life i cant wait

Congrats Heidi, and what a wondeful present you are giving to yourself and your husband for your anniversary. Just follow your doctors orders and you will do perfect!

Happy Thanksgiving, and best to you on your surgery tomorrow.

Cheryl

Edited by GraciesMom

Hi Happy, I am home!

Got home today at about 5.30pm and have been feeling bad till now (its 10.30pm) and I finally feel like I am comming out of it. Dr. Horgan was as sweet as ever....Mary a doll and Mary even had her Dad with her whos a physcologist and watched the surgery. I got sent home with liquid vicoden ad it seems to be keeping the edge off....walking around a bit back and forth in my bedroom tonight so tomorrow I will try to get outside and do a few blocks. Fell super sore but haning in! WIll write again tomorrow, just wanted to say hello :thumbup:

I AM BANDED!

I am glad you are doing Ok. We have the best team ever don't we!!?? Take your vicoden and sleep a couple of days it really helps for healing your body gets the down time it needs.

Hi Happy, I am home!

I AM BANDED!

Oh BTW did you have any gas pain? I didn't , I was so impressed!

Well gang I was banded yesterday the 25th. It was not as bad as i thought.

Although my port incision kept bleeding through and they had to finally put in outer stitchs in that incision.

I believe due to seeing blood and then doing the stitches it was a little more than I could take. I got up to try to go pee and while in there my ears began to ring and i felt funny so I opened the door and told my husband I needed his help and the next thing I knew the nurses were around me asking me to open my eyes. They then got me up and back in the recliener. Told me to take a nap and gave me something in my iv for pain. Then after an hour nap they came in and i wanted to try to pee again.

Warm Water and i finally pee and we were all so excited. Even the nurses. We said it is amazing how the smallest thing could get everyone so excited.

Then they gave me a little more time to see if I would be okay. The doc came in to see me and the nurses thought I might have to stay over night. The doc said I looked much better and I said i felt much better.

So we chalked it up to me seeing so much blood and then the stitches. That was the reason I passed out we all agreed.

I was next to the last patient to leave the center but I am doing fine.

Gas X strips did not really help but the heating pad on my back and acrossed my chest and shoulder.

So good luck to everyone. Even though I had a small bump in my path it was worth it.

Not in a whole lot of pain today, except when I have to cough. (Dang sinuses draining)

Good luck to all

Well gang I was banded yesterday the 25th. It was not as bad as i thought.

Although my port incision kept bleeding through and they had to finally put in outer stitchs in that incision.

I believe due to seeing blood and then doing the stitches it was a little more than I could take. I got up to try to go pee and while in there my ears began to ring and i felt funny so I opened the door and told my husband I needed his help and the next thing I knew the nurses were around me asking me to open my eyes. They then got me up and back in the recliener. Told me to take a nap and gave me something in my iv for pain. Then after an hour nap they came in and i wanted to try to pee again.

Warm Water and i finally pee and we were all so excited. Even the nurses. We said it is amazing how the smallest thing could get everyone so excited.

Then they gave me a little more time to see if I would be okay. The doc came in to see me and the nurses thought I might have to stay over night. The doc said I looked much better and I said i felt much better.

So we chalked it up to me seeing so much blood and then the stitches. That was the reason I passed out we all agreed.

I was next to the last patient to leave the center but I am doing fine.

Gas X strips did not really help but the heating pad on my back and acrossed my chest and shoulder.

So good luck to everyone. Even though I had a small bump in my path it was worth it.

Not in a whole lot of pain today, except when I have to cough. (Dang sinuses draining)

Good luck to all

Congrats Dean123 take it easy and really rest, take the pain meds, it will make you sleep even if you don't need them for pain.

They had to load me up with IV Fluid just so I wanted to pee. LOL

I was being a wise guy when they sent me to pee, standing on one foot to flush the toilet, you know the drill! I amazed myself.

So I got banded on the 4 th of November. I am almost feeling as if nothing was done, other than the excrutiating gas pains. I am 3-4 weeks post op and have only lost 5lbs. my liquid , my soft , were only 1 week each. and now I am eating solids with little to no problem. I am feeling very discouraged. Does anyone have any advise or have you experienced the same? My first fill is supposed to be in 3 weeks, I can't wait. What till then? :thumbup:

By this time tomorrow, I will be banded. My surgery is tomorrow and I'm very excited.

"Inhisplan" - you won't really start losing until after your first fill (at least that's what I hear from several folks). Also, my friend (who was banded in June 2008), went for her first adjustment just two weeks after her surgery and she started losing weight immediately (went from 190 to 130 in less than six months). You have control over how much weight you lose (and how fast), by deciding how often to obtain adjustments and how many cc's of salin are injected into the band (with the doctor's authority of course). Best of luck to all of you.

hi all i just got banded nov. 20 and today is thanks giving i actually ate mashed potatos, cottage cheese, the inside of grapeleaves , and of course my Protein Drinks. i feel great.. i only had a small amount tho of course. i am feeling super good since monday so i hope i am not pushin it..it was only for the holiday feast! good luck to all and hope you had a happy turkey day!!:thumbup:

So I got banded on the 4 th of November. I am almost feeling as if nothing was done, other than the excrutiating gas pains. I am 3-4 weeks post op and have only lost 5lbs. my liquid , my soft , were only 1 week each. and now I am eating solids with little to no problem. I am feeling very discouraged. Does anyone have any advise or have you experienced the same? My first fill is supposed to be in 3 weeks, I can't wait. What till then? :thumbup:

I was banded the same day as you.

I only lost about 8lb post op... I am eating solids now. I am maintaining the weight I did lose though, trying to stay incontrol, wicked head game. I have my first fill this coming Monday, I am thankful I don't have to wait so long.

I have been trying to train myself to drink slowly and eat slowly during this time since if I screw up it doesn't hurt!

Don't fret just try to make sensible choices, eat off a smaller plate and practice chewing and eating slowly.

.... don't forget walking and other exercise!

Good Luck

I'm starving all the time too. Endless seems like. was banded Nov. 6, two more weeks get my first fill. You all prob know this already, but drinking Crystal Light helps me feel full when im so darn hungry I don't dare eat anything other than what they've told me. And make instant pudding, put 2Tlbsp of Protein Powder in it, makes it thicker. Everybody keeps telling me, more protien when u get hungry. I chew Trident sugarless gum too, helps for wanting to chew sumthing. According to my sil's scale I've lost 15 lbs., People say they can see the weight loss in my face...whoo hoo!! I walk a mile every other day. Sounds good to me, will know the real deal when go in for my fill. Best of Luck to you all! :thumbup: