Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tomorrow is my first fill!

I'm so excited, I get my first fill tomorrow. I'm really hoping for a change in my restriction, right now I am operating off pure will power, which does not always work great. My weight loss has stopped since I started eating regular food, even though I know I am eating much less than before the surgery. Hopefully this will kick start me again. Has anyone had a fill yet? Wondering how the first one went....:blushing:

Let me know how it goes. I don't get my 1st fill for another 2 weeks. I've been limiting my portions but I swear that I could probably eat just like I did before. Now that I'm back eating regular foods, the weight loss has slowed and I'm tired of fighting to lost the same pound over and over again. :blushing:

I got the Realize band and the first fill isn't until 6 weeks post-op. At least, that's when it's supposed to be. Unfortunately, my doc is going to be on vacation during the 6th week and I'm going to be out of town during the 7th week so I won't get a fill until 10/21 -- 8 weeks post-op. I'm so aggravated. I'm just transitioning to mushies tomorrow but I can tell you that I'm already starving. Post when you've had your fill and tell us what it's like. I'm very curious.

I had my first fill yesterday. The needle goes in while I was laying down ( I didn't look). Then I had to sit up or stand up and drink some Water. The feeling is hard to explain but because of the feeling it was to tight (needle is still in). Dr. took some out then I drank water again and told when the feeling went away and that determined how much stayed in the band. I was then on fluids for a day, then mushies. I have not had any problems yet but am following the rules and taking little sips at a time. Hope this helps.

Can't wait for my first fill. Keep us all posted. Good Luck!!!

ugh!!i cant wait for my first fill... i go on tuesday ...but i doubt he will give me one... i feel i am def on will power... :blushing: this is hard... its very hard...definately not the EASY WAY OUT

Hi everyone...well I had the fill yesterday. The doc had me do a little crunch while laying down, and she felt the port easily. However she quickly discovered I had a pocket of Fluid around my port, which I guess develops sometimes after surgery (she had a name for it but I forget). So she had to drain that first, and then she was able to do the fill. It was not terribly painful, but strange and uncomfortable...but not terrible at all! She put 4 cc's in my 10 cc band. I was on liquids yesterday and soft foods today, and back to normal tomorrow. She said some people get good restriction with 4 cc's, some not. She said seems like the magic spot is around 7 for most people. So I can go back in another month for another fill. Haven't really eaten much yet so I can't tell how much restriction there is yet. We shall see! :thumbup:

I get my first fill tonight, I'm sooo excited!!!!!

I had my first fill today. It was a breeze. They made me do a little crunch, she put in 3cc and then she told me to relax. Did not hurt any, also she did numb the port site. Love it. On liquids for 24 hrs and then regular meals. I have another appt in 2wks. I am ready for some restriction.

Allison

My fill went fine also. I got to watch the liquid go through the band in my stomach on the xray machine. That was pretty cool. I got 6cc's!!!

should_be_working, I live in Franklin, which is between Dayton and Cinci, so yes, we are pretty close to Mason!

should_be_working, I live in Franklin, which is between Dayton and Cinci, so yes, we are pretty close to Mason!

I'm glad to hear it went so well. I don't think my doctor uses an x-ray (of floroscope or whatever it's called). We live in Maryland now and I didn't realize until living in the Cincinnati area for 4 years how uptight and type A most people are back here. Maybe it's because we spent twice as much money to buy a house that is essentially the same as the one we sold in Mason. Bleh.

Don't be nervous. I went to 5 week post op appt yesterday and got a fill that I was not expecting to get. I was feeling great eating most food but avoiding the breads, Pasta and rice - just following the rules, but felt like I could eat almost as much as before the surgery. I had lost about 12 lbs, so the weight loss was ok, not great but ok! A little numbing, and the needle did not hurt. I got a 2 cc fill. I am on liquids for 48 hours so have not really eaten yet to know how I feel. But a fill sounds worse that it is. I know you probably will be bervous until you actually get one, #2 will be a breeze!

Good Luck!

I get my 1st fill next week - about 5 1/2 weeks post op. I can't wait. I'm doing a good job (I think) keeping my intake down but I could be eating as much as I want right now.

weight.png