Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just back from the Emerg Room.

Let me say that I am alright so far. This morning after being up for an hour I started to get a pain in my chest just like the Gall Bladder attack that I had back in May.( Gallbladder removed) Anyway after dealing with it for an hour and it ingulfing all my upper chest and dropping off my kids, my mom took me to the ER. After chest Xrays and blood work they can find nothing. Needless to say I am die hard workaholic and came in. What they think is happening is that even though you get your gallbladder out you can still develope stones or sludge. Does anyone still have problems like this after your gallbladder was removed??? They gave me several things to calm my tummy down in case it was reflux which I did not eat or drink anything this morning before it started.

I tell you, what a way to start my day..

One thing I did do that I don't always do is a longer hug to my kids and way more kisses..

I had my gallbladder taken out at age 19 and have not had problems with that since.

I know when they were trying to figure out what was wrong with me for my Pericarditis they checked me for that and it came back all clear.

Did they do an ultrasound of your heart? Not trying to scare you, but I'd have it all checked out. Especially since the pain was in your chest area.

Best wishes to you, ~Kel

I hope you feel better, and I pray they find the source of your pain. Please keep us posted. God Bless!

Mary, You poor thing

So sorry to hear of your troubles..I sure hope you get some answers soon, dealing with this on aday to day basis is not good. Hang in there and I hope you feel better soon :)

Yikes! I haven't heard that you can develop stones because your bile duct is gone (I think). I do know that I can't eat lots of greasy foods or I just feel sick... No pain though.

Sorry you are going through this!

Wow what a horrible day.

I sure don't know the answer but I wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you and wish you weren't having the problem.

Caring to you.

Would you please let us know how it turns out?

I had my Gallbladder removed 10 years ago & had the exact same thing happen!! 3 months later I was having the same pains that felt just like it did when I was having Gallbladder attacks. It lasted 3 hrs & I thought I was having a heart attack. When I went to the ER, they couldn't find anything! I was very emberassed. I had a few more pains afterwards until they became less & less. I no longer have any problems at all. I think you're right about continuing to develop stones or sludge even after you gallbladders is removed. Good luck. It will go away!!!

Yikes! I haven't heard that you can develop stones because your bile duct is gone (I think).

Actually you still can develop stones in your bile duct (it's still there, trust me. Mine was nicked when I had my gallbladder removed and caused me a 3 week stay in the hospital). I still have problems in my bile ducts.

While on 'vacation' in the hospital, one of my roommates was admitted due to having a stone in her bile duct and she was deathly ill. She'd had her gallbladder removed years prior to that.

It's rare, but it can still happen.

/end of public service announcement. tee hee

Thank You all - I am hanging in there and feel tired after that 4 hr stay in the Emrg room. I guess I will have to deal with it if it happens again. (crossing my fingers it does not)

Kelly they did an EKG and it was normal to them even though it felt like my heart was going to pop out of my chest.

Lori & Diane - I feel better knowing that it can happen but I really did not expect it to happen to me.

Thank you all for your prayers:)

Bub, this sounds extremely familiar to me... I'm going to hunt for a friend on-line now because I think she went through something similar. It rings a loud bell, but I can't figure out where I've heard this before... lemme go sniff around.

That happened to me, and I did some research online for gallbladder attacks AFTER removal, and boy, was I shocked at how much info was out there! There is even at least one message group about it. So it is definitely a possibility.

My attack, though, prompted me to have my "annual" endoscope to check on my band health, which was about 18 months after my banding, and that's when they diagnosed my erosion. So I have no idea if the pain was a gallbladder/bile duct attack (I had my gallbladder out in 1991 or so), or if it was due to the erosion...

I might not hurt to go in for an endoscope just to be sure...

http://lapbandtalk.com/showpost.php?p=13305&postcount=12

http://lapbandtalk.com/showpost.php?p=18974&postcount=9

But it is most likely just a bile duct stone...

Please have it checked out and let us know everything is okay!

xxoo

Thank you Lisa,

Donali I go in on Thursday for a Barium Swallow (rule out slip or prolapse) and an H-pylori test. If everything looks fine then they said they will scheadule a vist with scope Dr. to rule out ulcer or worse Erosion while they are in there. I have searched on Gallbladder problems after removal and did see there are quite alot of them. If they pain had been any other place than the Gallbladder site I would be extremly worried, not that I am not I just do not wish to have this happen again. When they did the ultrasound they actually did see a stone in there. I will talk with my Band doc again about the possiblity of Erosion and see what we are going to do..

Thanks Again

Good luck to you Mary. I'm so sorry that you are dealing with all of this. I hope that it is something easily treated and nothing major.

Please rest up and take good care of yourself.

Lots of Lovins, ~Kel

I had my gallbladder out at 16, and for months afterward I was convinced they accidently left it in. I compared it to the "phantom" pains I've heard about when someone loses a limb, and it still itches, hurts, etc.

Hope you feel better soon.