Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Bandsters Updates....

Glad to hear everyone is doing so great. I'm ok, just a little depressed because the scale has stopped moving. I had my first fill two weeks ago, of 2cc but doesn't seem to be helping. Going to waiting two more weeks and if the scale still doesn't move going back for another fill. I have lost 32lbs, most of it was during the two weeks of liquid after surgery.

Hey all, I had my surgery on August 12th. I've only lost 11 pounds. I had a fill on September 26th. The weight is not moving yet. Your guys are all doing great.

Lea

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________

Surgery August 12th, Yeah!

I have lost -18 lbs so far. I will be going back to Mexico next Wed. October 12th Im

going have Dr.Rumbaut do my 1st fill. So happy to be banded & looking foward to see what having fills are like.

Hi everyone! I'm really impressed with your weight loss! I'm down 26lbs. now, but I haven't scheduled a fill yet. I am still losing about a LB. or sometimes 2 a week and I still have a hard time eating sometimes. I had 2 episodes this week with lunch, a PB and an urp as Delara calls it. So I'm going to wait to schedule my first fill. But I feel great otherwise and can really tell the difference now, down only one clothing size, but still...;)

Wow, we are all doing so great!!!! And, remember, if your weight loss is not as much as the next guy that's O.K. because in the long run we will all be "hot babes"!!!! Besides, we are all just beginning...we are barely out of the healing stages. So keep up the wonderful job....and enjoy life!!!

Hi all, I was banded on August 3rd of this year. I just got my first fill last Thursday- 1cc in a 4cc band. I think I am more restricted today than I was right after the fill. Why is that? Is it true that it takes a few days or weeks to "kick in"? I have lost 34 pounds- approximately 10 of that before the surgery. Keep up the good work the rest of you August Band babies!

I am def feeling a little more restricted today, than i was yesterday ;) (had a fill on wed). I do have a little bruising around my port area, but i think it is from my surgeon pushing on it so hard since it had shifted and she wanted to make sure she got it on the first try....

Since my fill i am down another 1lb, so it looks like it is doing its job. I just need to learn to stay off hte scale everyday..

Hi all I was banded on Aug 5, 2005 I am a little discouraged I had a fill about three weeks ago and I haven't lost any since the fill I am scheduled for another fill in about 2 weeks but I am sooooooooo nervous about it! My port has tipped and it was so traumatic at that appointment! I was so upset, it took about 6 pokes and 3 needles later before he finally found it! He was pushing so hard that he kept bending those hugh needles! I am so scared to go back but I know that if I don't I will have gone through all of this for nothing! I have lost about 26 pounds so far and have not gained anything back so that is good, I know I need to go back but I am scared! So here is me complaining sorry! but other thatn not losing any more I am doing pretty good and do not regret the band so far!

Carrie

Just checking in with everyone. I hope we all have been having great sucess with the band. It has been 6 weeks and 5 days for me, I am losing steadily every week about 4-5 lbs. I love this band and I haven't even been filled yet! Whoo Hoo!

Well I was banded on August 26,2005. I am almost 2 months post-op and feeling GREAT!! I have lost about 25lbs and have went down an entire size (from 20 to an 18) and have gained the confidence to buy more expensive items like LV handbags and DG Sunglasses! This is great, I have had one fill and I cant remember how many CCs it was.......????????????LoL. So far Im lovin it!

I was banded august 18th and i'm doing great. I'm down 15lbs.

I had my first fill on wed (12th) we did it under floro and my doctor still had a hard time getting the needle in right and ended up having to have a radiologist help her. She told me she didn't want me to have to go through this again (and i don't think she did either LOL) so she gave me 3+cc fill. Basically she put a little in and made me drink some barium and watched it go through, added a little more, swallow barium repeat until she thought she had it just about right. I'm soooo tight. I really have to eat slow, take tiny bites and chew chew chew.

Hi all! Just saw this thread. You all are doing so awesome! I'm so proud of you.

I'm down about 10 lbs so far since banding, it's pretty slow. My band date was 8/31, so I was at the tail end of the month. Just got my first fill last Wed, 1.5 cc. But I'm happy that the scale is moving downward. I'm doing pretty good on getting exercise in too.

Here's hoping the scale keeps moving in the right direction for all of us.

And so far -- no PBs or sliming! I'm still a bandster virgin... wink.gif

40lbs lost and feeling great!!! i just posted some pictures in the before and after thread!

I kind of stalled over the holidays, but I'm back on track now. I was hoping my weight loss would be faster. But now that I crunch the numbers it's been 1.5 lbs a week since surgery, even counting my holiday stall. So I'm doing just fine and hope to continue at this rate (or faster! :) )

Hope you all are doing awesome! Let's hear a checkin from more of August folk.