Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know, it's not fair, I start school Tuesday and I have to go feeling the way I do. Anyways it's not real bad nausea But sometimmes it gets to the point where I feel like I gotta puke but most of the times nothing comes up. Sometimes it's there when I sit long and my classes in high school are 45 mins long idk what I'm gonna do about that I'm going to be miserable at school ):... I know for a fact I'm really stressed about school but before the band I was never like this before the first day of school, no, I haven't been tested for food alergies, I haven't ate anything I never ate before. What's IBS? No I haven't had my blood sugar checked either

I've been taking depo since February of last year and I had no probs with it

Hmm I don't knoww

Five weeks out and starving. Had two small fills and won't get another one for at least another month. Surgeon believes in taking it slow.

I have to do the weight watcher program or I'll eat everything in sight. 10 pounds in 5 weeks suck but better than going the other way. I also could be exercising to much and putting on muscle.

I'm in it for the long haul so I try not to get discouraged when I see how much weight you guys have lost.

No side effects from day one. I would never known I had surgery unless I look at my scars.

Take care Erin, hope you are feeling better soon.

I use two benefiber packets (citrus punch) in 32 oz of Water and sip on that and it keeps me regular. I would be in pain without it.

someone told me I was really White like a ghost and my aunt said to get my Iron checked

Erin, I wake every morning with nausea and it's not fun. I have found that if I have something warm, like tea or hot SF chocolate, it goes away.

My body no longer likes cheese either. It makes me feel bad!

no, its not, sometimes ill wake up with it too but then others i wont, sometimes ill feel good but then when i wanna go somewhere say the movies, ill feel nauseated and idk why. i hope this doesnt ruin my chances of going to cv tec to do cosmetology but right now i feel like having a early dimissle =/

im kind of scared to even try any

oh and i just want to let you guys know, that i decided not to do cosmetology this year, i just dont think i can do it right now, just been feeling sick so yeah and the thought of getting an early dismissal everyday, eases my mind. i talked to my mom about it and seriously it relieved a lot of stress of my shoulders. so my last year of high school will be a breeze and i can relax and i can get my homework done early and probably go chill somewhere. i feel really happy now, just being able to go home early and stuff, i'll be in school for 5 hours and 6 classes, instead of 9 hours, 6 classes and cosmetology which takes up 3 classes, my school has 9 periods in a day, so yeah sounds good to me (:

Edited by Erin18

Erin, I think it's a smart idea to not go to cosmetology school right now. Every young lady should have a wonderful senior year and enjoy all that goes along with it. You also don't want to be so stressed that you can't enjoy either one.

Also, you want to take the time to really get comfortable with your band, know what you can/can't do it with it. It's stressful enough learning about it.

You're very young and life awaits you...but you don't have to rush everything. Enjoy life sweetie.

thanks, I can always do it later the early dismissal sounds great(:

Hey Erin I just wrote on your wall, I am glad you are doing a little better, I know what you mean as far as ready to feel like yourself again.

I am now a full month out from my surgery and I still have two more weeks till I get my first fill, I cannot wait. I am hungry and can hold a lot of liquids and soft foods, but I haven't lost a single pound since the liquid stage, I even gained a couple back and re-lost it over this first week of school, I am walking a lot, I am not on full regular foods yet, I am suppose to go to regular foods this week but my throat is sensative I think from the hiatal hernia I had repaired with the band, I don't have a lot of restriction, but I had one instance of bread getting stuck from eating the school pizza, I know dumb move but it took a good day to get it to move out,with lots of hot tea.

I think getting back to school will be good for you it will keep your mind off of your complications and frustrations, the only area I have found problems in is making sure I pack a lunch, last year I ate cafeteria food, and now I can't eat half of the foods they offer. and since you are still having trouble you should have a note to allow you to have a snack between lunch.

Keep it up you will love your band, and new girly figure too...

I will be 5 weeks post op in a few days. My problem is that I don't feel restricted anymore. It seems like I get full just as fast but I'm hungry sooner. I've also stopped losing weight. Is this a sign that it is time for a fill? Or could it be that I've eaten too much and stretched my pouch? So many mysteries that I'm trying to figure out - Any thoughts???

So sorry to hear about you being sick so often. I have found that if I feel sick to my stomach if I can get a good burp that it helps relieve a lot of pressure! The flat coke should help with the burping!

Yes I stopped losing weight when I started eating regular food only gained 3lbs because there was nothing in my system. I haven't gained any weight since I go for my 1st fill 9/10

abingdongirl- i am also a full month out of surgery, i'm supposed to get my first fill next wednesday, but i'm not sure if im ready for it yet =/ i started my regular foods already, but its hard to chew anything now cause im pretty sure i have a cavity on each side of my mouth, sucks! and the earliest i can get in to my dentist is sept. 26th, sometimes it hits the cavity and makes me wanna stop eating and i haven't even ate much so heh. the good thing is, is that i'll most likely beable to come home for lunch everyday and i wont have to go back to school for the rest of the day. i'm asking my councelor for an early dismissal for everyday cause i'm gonna drop cosmetology this year and just take it next year, it'll make it a lot easier for me, i'm not as scared as i was to go back to school now, phew!

yes and i have a class i really like which is drawing and painting two, since i'll most likely have an early dismissal, i'll only have 6 class periods and i'll be coming home at 12, theres 9 class periods in a full school day, i just have to find out what i'm going to do when i get home to keep me busy, i'm thinking of walking and i need something else too. i never ate lunch at school, i only brought a nature valley bar and Water or something else. i have study hall everyother day and gym the other i was thinking of bringing something on my study hall days, but i'll be home for lunch

thanks (:

baferg01- that happens to me too sometimes. but sometimes i'll feel restricted and others i wont. it could be a possibility youd need a fill.

its okay (: yeah i burped and it didnt help O.o i will try the flat coke sometime

ToomuchRN- when i started regular food i didnt gain anything or lose anything

good luck on your fills guys

im not sure if im ready for my first one yet

Well that is great about you getting home before lunch time, I would proably agree with you about waiting to have your first fill as you have had so many problems up to this point you may want to wait a week or two to see how you do on solids.

I don't get my fill till the 22nd, which is two weeks away, I hope I can get some restriction, I have some but not enough. and all of this is with no fill at all...

i know right? now i dont have to worry about kids looking at me lol i always had that feeling that someone was watching me eat, yeah that sounds like a good idea

do you know if they numb the area for you? my doc doesnt and when i went to see him, he was giving someone a fill and she came out and said "that wasn't as bad as i thought" so hmm. i have some restriction too, my band came with a little bit of Fluid in it so that could be why, when the day comes you should tell me how it went (: